Cooking with Lucky Dice!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lucky Dice, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Aka' Million uses of chicken

after I pretty much perfected the art of spicing my meat, I decided to share with whatever I make for dinner.

Starting with...

Ham rolls!

For this thing you'll need:
    - a few thin slices of ham (I usually buy sliced ham, probably reaching the length of 15 cm)
    - around 0,5 kilo of chicken breast
    - your own set of spices - I know this sounds weird in the ingredients' list, but trust me - that part is important. Before you decide to actually make this, think what suits your tongue best. Whether you like some incredibly tongue-melting things like me, in that case I recommend your usual salt and pepper, as well as some curry and spicy paprika, or you prefer your meal easier on mouth, then just take Herbes de Provence and garlic. Salt probably won't hurt here too.

Take a bowl, dose your favorite spices and mix them up. Cut the chicken to relatively long, thin pieces. Take a slice of ham, sprinkle the spices on it, then put the chicken on the ham and sprinkle the mix of spices on it too. Take one part of ham make a roll. Rinse and repeat until you make as many as you want to make.

Take out a pan and heat up some oil. You don't need a lot of it, just enough to cover the bottom. When the oil is ready, put the rolls on the pan and sprinkle around 1/4th of the remaining mix of spices on top. Cover the pan with whatever you like, be it lid or plastic foil, and wait around two minutes if you're cooking on a rather large fire. Feel free to lower the fire at around 1,5 minute mark so that you'll avoid having oil shooting all over the place. Flip the rolls, sprinkle another 1/4th of the spices, repeat.

After you've cooked both the top and the bottom of the rolls, time to prepare sides. Repeat everything I said about the top and the bottom earlier, except now leave them cooking for 1-1,5 minute. After you've prepared both sides... take them out and enjoy your meal.

EXTRA: Since the meal itself is pretty... uh, dry, you can make it slightly less so by covering them with sauce. Whether it's bought or prepared at home, it will be probably slightly easier to swallow the bits.

*by no means I'm a professional cook, I'm an amateur, so don't blame me if the meal fails, I tried listing everything about making the meal, but I ain't an expert so don't expect some amazing TV show quality or something

FDrybob likes this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I thought this thread was going to be about testing MP builds, lol.

3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I'd put it in deck building if that were the case.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I don't know where you put it because I check for new posts and don't look at the small font saying 'Off-Topic'

5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

If you ever *do* make a deck building thread, it should totally be called Rolling with Lucky Dice ;)

timeracers, Krunail and Flaxative like this.