Complaints I have with the game

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by snickersimba, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

This is my opinion on the game, I am around renown seventeen and have not spent any money on the game yet, its not whining, but its more a critque on things I feel should be adressed:

Multiplayer time limit: This is a big one for me, People take far too long to play, I don't have much time to play, roughly fifteen minutes or so, the timer is far too long and encourages players to waste time thinking, this should be reduced to perhaps fifty five to thirty seconds to speed up gameplay.

Solo player adventure difficulty/length: the game plays well and is generally one of the greatest games I have played, however.....the later adventure missions are not fun to play, they are tedious and absurdly difficult and take forever to finish. The loot drops are also piss poor as well. I honestly gave up on trying to solo through them.

Overly preformance intense: I recently noticed this, the game used to run medicorely on my home computer, a 2003 windows XP edition and while I know I need to upgrade, I can't even play card hunter anymore without it flat out crashing chrome. Is there a chance of a less pretty version of the game in the works? Like a top down battlemat view or just a simplified version? It looks great and all, but I can go without fancy art to play the game.

2. Led

Led Orc Soldier

I agree with the 30sec turn limit for multiplayer. If you don't make a move in 30 sec the turn should return to the active player. This would stop people stalling when they are loosing

3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I strongly disagree. The are the decision points in the game, where you have to think harder. Also 30 secs are not enough for new players. And only the existing of this seconds ticking dows would put a lot stress on me personally.

Master Goo, visak13, Han Lee and 3 others like this.
  4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

As a very fast player I would agree that there should be a turn limit but not 30 seconds maybe 1 minute if not 1 and a half minutes?

5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Also this should be moved into the feedback and suggestions thread.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

You mean as a very aggressiv player. :p But a timelimit of one minute or one and a half would be fine. But there is the cornercase of a player loosing the connection. You cant reconnent within a minute.

7. snickersimba

well, if you are a new player, why are you playing multiplayer first? I can understand that you want to try MP, but if you wait long enough, you get better stuff for MP. Maybe a time limit of 55 seconds?

8. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

I assumed "new" AA in "new to mp". They're totally different animals. I completed the SP campaign in about 2 weeks, then went to MP, because there was nothing much to do. Campaign doesn't teach you to "play fast or lose", like MP does. Therefore, it takes a totally new way of thinking and playing. A time limit on turns would insure that less people play multi player (and possibly this game, in general) because nobody wants to lose just because they are still learning how to play against a human player.

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Often enough you cant even reconnect within 150 secs, which can have all kind of backslash when youre playing seriously. And when you air your frustration about a lost ranked match in hopes to jolt a discussion, ultimately a movement for change, some narrow-minded self-proclaimed lobby-sheriff might report you.

10. snickersimba

well, a lot of players in world chat disagree with a reduced timer, twenty minutes is kinda stupid if you ask me. I mean, if you need to sit and think over every move, then play chess, this isn't a game that you need lots of time to think on

11. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

The current average duration of ranked MP game is already 10.5 minutes: http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/scenarios.php However, I don't want shorter overall timer or turn time limits.

Have you tried the Steam client or another browser?

billiska likes this.
  12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Or maybe a slick linux distribution like Lubuntu that accepts your old pcs hardware while bringing the Software up to date. Its free, safer and you can install that aside XP.

billiska likes this.
  13. Jasfmpgh

Jasfmpgh Kobold

I'd like all league games to have a 10 minute timer.
    I'm not a fan of there being a time limit on each turn.

14. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

If you only have 15 minutes to play, perhaps stick to single player until you get a slightly longer time window?

I like that control wizards can be a viable tactic and it's a lot more fun for me, and probably at least some other people too, to play Cardhunter like chess, a tactical game with each move carefully thought out.

As for performance, flash sucks in general, but perhaps try different browsers? Firefox, IE, Opera. Perhaps whatever functionality is giving you the most trouble will be implemented better in one of the other browsers. Using a different operating system also works, but seems a bit extreme for a single game.

15. snickersimba

seriously, I get reported because a player takes the entire timer almost each turn after being asked repeatedly to hurry up. This game needs to have a drastically reduced multiplayer timer. Gulo gulo isn't correct on this, NO ONE should ever take more than 30 seconds to play, I don't care how much you like to think on it, you are wasting my time and I will stand by my statement that is abusive. This game is wonderful in all aspects but until the multiplayer timer is fixed, its awful.

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I agree, in a PvP match both sides are obliged to make it a enjoyable affair. But noone is bound to your very specific definition of what makes the shared experience good. You value swift play. I am delighted whenever someone actually put some effort in his strategy and didnt pick up the usual cheese, no matter how much time he needs. Gulo Gulo likes showcasing his human wizard figure collection as many rounds as possible before being defeated. And so on.

about performance - this minimalistic browser is designed to go easy on your ressources and might be a good framework for cardhunter. http://midori-browser.org/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob and billiska like this.
  17. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Maybe there could be an option for some players to have a shorter time limit. And you only play other players that chooses that option.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

snickersimba, the game has a 2.5-minute turn timer before a player forfeits for a number of good reasons. Regardless of those reasons, players have more than 30 seconds to make their play right now. Things are only 'abusive' in the context of the game when they go against the game's rules. Using the time allotted by the game to make your decisions is hardly against the game's rules. You clearly have a different idea about what the rules should be, and that's perfectly fine! But currently the rules are as they are, and people taking more than 30 sec to play is okay. You cannot report someone for it, and you should not disregard mods when they advise you about chat rules. Always assume that they have a thorough understanding of the rules and the terms of conduct.

EDIT: and for the record, it's also not against the rules to ask someone to play faster. If your opponent (be it snickersimba or anyone else) is bugging you to play faster, consider blocking them before reporting them. Of course, harassment is against the rules, so if you ask someone to play faster in an aggressive manner, expect to be reported.

19. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Technically it's not a 2.5 minute move timer, and is just an afk/disconnect timer.

For MP (in) games, it's impossible to strike a balance between too long and too short a timer to please everyone without having multiple time limits. For Card Hunter, there probably isn't enough players for multiple times for (non-casual) games.

At any rate, I have to disagree that this isn't a game you have to think about. One can play blitz/bullet chess, and you'll find that such games have far more mistakes/inaccuracies then games with (in my view) a proper length of time for a game. Similarly for CH, I think. Maybe not to the same extent, and there is more luck involved, but blunders that decide the game don't really make for a fun game, in my opinion.

20. Led

Led Orc Soldier

I think we are missing the point, you know when you are playing vs someone who is actively playing. When you get to that near check mate move and then your opponent starts to play very slow and they keep hitting the 'still thinking' that is the issue I have. Why does the still thinking button even exist. Its like there is a group of people in this game that when they feel a loss they start to play to a new win condition, frustrate the hell of the winning player by slow play or they will make there loss take 20 min

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.