Community - Create a NEW card or item to add balance to MP

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pilgrim Bailey, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Dakmor

Dakmor Mushroom Warrior

I do a lot of card designing for fun in other games. But the only thing I am seeing missing in this one that can be actually improved in a meaningful way is race-related effects.

For both the Campaign and the MP. In campaign, some Holy attacks that could do damage to 'undead' types of enemies, hmm say...

Card Name: Smite
    Type of Card: Magic Holy
    Card Quality: Attack
    Rarity: ? Lower than Exorcism.
    Trigger Roll Required: N/A
    Damage Type/Attack Type: ?
    Range: 2
    Movement: 0
    Move/Damage: 2
    Trigger Effect: If dealt to an 'Undead' character, it deals +2 damage.
    Flavor Text: n/a
    Any explanation as to why this card would assist the balance of the MP: n/a

Card Name: Exorcism
    Type of Card: Melee Holy
    Rarity: ?
    Trigger Roll Required: n/a
    Damage Type/Attack Type: Penetrating ?
    Range: 1
    Move/Damage: 4
    Trigger Effect: If dealt to an 'Undead' character, it deals +6 damage.
    Flavor Text: n/a
    Any explanation as to why this card would assist the balance of the MP: n/a

I left out Flavor text and rarity because those are two facets that I wouldn't really know of how to balance.
    'Undead' types would include all forms of skeleton through zombie characters.

Completely useless for MP, race related effects would be as it could way unbalance both sides of the scale and who wants to use a card that only has a useful effect if used on an Elf? Perhaps just the class itself could be related, thus below...

Card Name: Unstitching Robes
    Type of Card: Magic Arcane
    Rarity: ?
    Trigger Roll Required: N/A
    Damage Type/Attack Type:
    Range: 6
    Move/Damage: 0
    Trigger Effect: Attach to target Wizard character. Target discards 1 [random] Armor card at start of the round. Duration 2. (3 might be too much.)
    Flavor Text: "What was stitched, can be unstitched."
    Any explanation as to why this card would assist the balance of the MP: Resistant Hide. Wizards are pretty much glass cannons, with Resistant Hide those pesky firestorm/volcano decks will have to worry about their HP.

I apologize if I got the format wrong, this game is still fairly new to me and I don't quite understand all the details of the card descriptors.

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I just had a good idea for a card called "Intuition" or something.

It is a human racial card that has 6 range and reads, "Randomly reveal 2 cards of target enemy. Draw a card."

It would give Humans a good cycling card and let them be more than just masters of cycling, but also masters of information. Would be interesting to see more cards that revealed enemy cards.

Lord Feleran and Flaxative like this.