Coming to Tablets!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Mar 14, 2014.

1. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Heh, was so excited about the tablet version until I realised it's a stand-alone. The whole validation thing sucks big time, would prefer much more to have the browser-version synchronise the updates together with the app game.

Given I've got a few bits and pieces on the browser account already it will keep me away from making another account on the ipad (no point collection-wise), while I would definitely pick the game up more often if I was able to play it on the ipad on the go.

I guess this is not supposed to cater to the likes of me but to a new playerbase.

Bandreus likes this.
  2. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Mushroom Warrior

I wanted tablet support, but I don't want to play card hunter twice. So I'll just be sticking to my PC and dreaming I could play with one account on the go.

3. Avagantamos

Avagantamos Kobold

I will echo what others have said. I feel like its a mistake to not make this cross-platform. You are dividing your player base for no reason. I have seen other games do it, I'm not sure why its not possible here. The move to mobile platforms is supposed to increase your player base not divide it =/

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

The DropForge version of Card Hunter will be different. It uses the same basic mechanisms, but I think the game will be controlled, balanced, and expanded differently than Card Hunter. At least that is the impression I got from the people at DropForge -- they are making it more "tablet / mobile" focused. Having cross platform play would be weird if the two games were actually different in balance and design.

5. progammer

progammer Ogre

If that's the case then i'm willing to try it again. But for now, a windows tablet is the only option for CH

6. ClimbHigh

ClimbHigh Mushroom Warrior

For current player, the joy of having tablet is having more people playing this game. Having 2 separate pools of people playing 2 games is not ideal.
    Is there a way to have only 1 pool of people playing regardless of which version they subscribe?

And I personally won't play the whole campaign on tablet version once more anyway.

Bandreus likes this.