Co-Op Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Magic Elves, Nov 13, 2014.

1. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Another day, another game :D

Game starts immediately:

Bandreus and Fifjunior7 like this.
  2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

3. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

So many new players will join if a co-op campaign is anywhere near as good as the single-player campaign!

General campaign ideas (mostly spitballing, bear with me):
    - Like the SP campain, each player's party consists of 3 characters, but each player uses only 2 at a time; 3
    characters gain experience regardless of which one was used so that they can play SP with the same party
    - Monsters have a little more HP than usual and use one or two cards in their deck as a replacement of weaker versions of the cards
    - Much stronger versions of monsters replace where two or more lesser monsters would be on SP maps in order to reduce the amount of crowding if crowding would be an issue otherwise
    - Some smaller or less open stages are slightly modified to better suit 4 characters

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The coop campaign exists and will be released in the next expansion. It's just the normal campaign :p But you can play coop. 2 players only, and each player controls one characters. Monsters and boards are unaltered but the player characters draw 3 cards instead of 2 (so a total of 6/round, same as in solo campaign).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Dingding123 likes this.
  5. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

Sounds good!

Are co-op campaign characters going to be separate from SP campaign characters? If not, then it would be great for co-op players to still have parties of 3 but only use 1 at a time, and for the experience to be split among all party members so that the characters that newer players might want to use in the SP campaign as well can level up alongside their favorite co-op character. Also, when a new player finds a really rare or really powerful item for a different class or race, it'd be awesome for them to be able to switch to a toon in their party that can use it, throw together a build including it and start playing using the new item.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Really sorry for the misinformation. You can play with 3 people, not just 2. But you get bonus draws if you're only two players.

7. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Woah! Did not know this!

8. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

oh my gosh how could you how do I unlike

and can we level more than 1 personal character at a time in this mode or no, newbies would appreciate that for sure

9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Love the vids and commentary! keep them coming (when you can)

10. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

11. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I really enjoyed that Willhelm scream around 14:15-14:30, and then the sudden acceptance at 15:10.

12. BlackVoidDeath

Thanks for showing your decks & items @CT5 - do you mind if i copy them? :p (i am serious)
    Edit: 14:15 - 14:32 my ears!! 15:06 "oh, its ok" :D i love your vid's ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    CT5 likes this.
  13. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Uhhh those are half-joke characters, haha. Feel free to try them out for me XD

Flaxative and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  14. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Agreed. Especially Loleverything, Ninja Art & lolwat sound particularly deadly. :D

CT5 likes this.
  15. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

No one plays "co-op" multiplayer anymore :C

16. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I play about a game a day on average, though in reality it's more like 3 games at once, then two or three days till the next short little binge. I've got about half a dozen Co-op characters for different roles saved in my storage now, so when I need to I can pull one of them out and be ready in just a minute of tweaking to my team's needs.

Be proactive, persistent, and pleasant when trying to gather a team, and it probably wont be too long before you've got something rolling. That said, expect about a 10-15 minute wait between when you decide you want to play co-op and when you actually get to play co-op. It can also help to keep track of who you've played with, and hunt them down in games to try and recruit them there. A lot of times, people playing ranked pvp may not check the chat all that much between games, so you have to catch them while you have their attention.

The more active members of the Guild of Shadows, like @tiwx or @Killer74 or @MathuranF , are usually up for co-op games in my experience, and @SirSrsly has dropped in at least once in my memory, if I recall correctly. Plus there are a few others who's name's exact spelling I can't remember out there. Plus, y'know, myself. And @CT5 usually releases about a co-op game replay a week, which indicates to me that he's playing every now and then, at least.

So just be active about finding people, and I'm sure you'll be able to work something out, and once you know who to look for, finding a group will be that much easier in the future.

Magic Elves likes this.
  17. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

We still haven't announced a release date for EttSC Et Al, but once that drops I think you'll see a lot more awareness of and interest in co-op. The loot fairy is especially kind to co-op teams, so I reckon there'll be many more LFG callouts in the world chat.

18. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  19. BlackVoidDeath

20. voltardark

voltardark Kobold

Hello fellow hunters !

I can't stand the wait for coop campaign !
    Lot of my friends will come to play when it's launched !
    This is the most important step for Cardhunter as it will make you rather unique among the digital cards universe !

It's already a marvelous game but when you be able to coop the campaign with your buddies that will be an amazing achievement !

See you soon in game !