Cheetos and ketchup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wozarg, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

So Gary just told me to try dipping Cheetos in ketchup anyone try this? Also who of the devs came up with that mad scientist idea?

2. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

Probably the same guy who said to dip Fries in Frosties.

3. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Hey now, without those sort of insane people, we'd never get to eat Fried Ice Cream (which is actually good)

On topic of Cheetos + Ketchup

Well, it's a far cousin to Nachos + Salsa I suppose, both having corn and tomato in a sense.
    And the flavor of Cheddar + Ketchup can also be found on some food already (omelette, some burgers)

Also, depends on which cheetos he's talking about, the puffy one might not fit that well, but the crunchier one might turn out well.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I wouldn't know, but I'd still rather see apple slices.

5. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Try it. It's weirdly divine.

Megadestructo likes this.
  6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think the guilty party has stepped forward...

(also, you can call me Cpt Obvious for this useful post)

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Thank you captain here to save the day once more!

Also i don't think i can find Cheetos where i live sadly or i would try it tomorrow just for the heek of it!

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Isn't cheetos just OstbÄgar?

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Conceptually similar but vastly different in consistency and taste.

10. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Im at a lack of words for this. My robotic mind grafted into my fishy body just doesn't understand

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Think breadcrumbs dipped in servo oil ^^

12. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Sigh. This thread has a way of making my stomach churn. I thought these combos only happened during pregnancy! Pickles and I've cream anyone?

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

no idea what I've cream is but i like salty pickles(not sure if its called something else) with feta cheese as my weird combo

14. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Tried.
    You're right.
    Weirdly divine

15. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Believe me, I was a skeptic too. My American girlfriend told me about it. I shouldn't work but it does. A bit like peanut butter and jelly I guess.

16. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Ice cream not I've cream. Stupid auto correct feature lol :p

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Peanut butter and jelly actually makes sense sense conceptually as nutty and fruity flavors go very well together. Remembered one more of those weird combinations that really doesn't sound appealing but tastes really good if your in the mood for it. Crispy bacon and chocolate. I know it sounds weird but the salty and sweet flavors really work well together and i have yet to offer it to a single person that disliked it. Tho many girls i give it to tend to tell me to not waste the time and just give them the chocolate instead.

18. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Apparently, people were once horrified at the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, but now Reese's banks on it. Folks in the USA just tend to mix peanut butter with everything, I guess.

Also, there comes a point in your life when you first hear of ketchup on scrambled eggs. For many people it's "gross" to start, but then they eat it that way ever after.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I don't like ketchup its too sweet <.< its basically tomato jam to me! Then again i have been eating lemons like most kids eat oranges and enjoying tonic water like most people enjoy sugary drinks since i was a little brat so my taste might not be the common mans taste. :p

If that sounds pompous i will point out i don't mean to imply i have a refined pallet just a weird one.

20. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

You guys are gross.