Champions of Cardhuntria: Discussion/FAQ/Grouping

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by DunDunDun, Aug 10, 2015.

1. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Just a reminder that unregistered parties still need to post their registration/schedule posts.
    You can click one of the linked numbers above to see what a completed registration form looks like.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Flaxative likes this.
  2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

@Bioautomaton, @WhiteSorcerer, @LieutenantCommanderData, @timeracers, @CT5, @Glockz4Sale, @Fifjunior7, @TheLoLChamp , @Brishna

@CT5, @DupleX, @Flaxative, @Pawndawan

The tournament's challonge page can be viewed here: http://challonge.com/CHCoC

With 5 firmly registered teams, we now have the bare minimum number of teams required to run a single stage tournament.
    As such, while I'd prefer to stick to the original two-stage design, I'm going to go ahead and get the tournament progressing.

Deadlines are as follows:
    Final deadline for submission of new parties: Aug 21st
    Final deadline for party registration/scheduling posts for current parties: Aug 21st
    Final deadline for party registration/scheduling posts for new parties: Aug 23rd
    Match Schedule Release: Aug 24th

As initially noted, once 8 teams are fully registered, submissions for new parties will be closed; this rule still exists and will preempt the new party submission date provided above.
    (Currently submitted teams will still have time to finish registering their parties.)

If you've a challonge account and would like to be linked to your party, please PM me your details.
    Referees, please PM me your challonge account information asap so I can provide you with administrator access to the tournament.

PS: Party names can be freely changed, and members freely substituted until Aug 21st. If substituting a member, please have a new party schedule up as fast as possible, or your old one will still be considered valid!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  3. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Why not have one final deadline on August 23?

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  4. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

There already IS one final deadline, and that's the 21st.
    The rest is all 'reasonable delay' buffer, for any party with a valid excuse [such as having just formed].

As far as the allowing late party submissions, that's more a facet of not knowing for sure if a party is committed until they give their scheduling information, and my personal desire to get as close to 8 parties registered as possible.

Any party mentioning reasonable delays [such as Scarponi, who mentioned Fifjunior being busy till the end of this week] will also use the 23rd deadline.

Or, put another way:
    Everyone is expected to either be ready by the 21st, or have given a reason why they won't be ready until the 23rd.

Newly formed parties just have a more readily apparent reason, that's all :)

Don't stress too much about dates, but at the same time, I don't want to end up in a situation where a small number of parties end up holding things up.

I'm still angling to get a match schedule up by the 24th, so the more teams with their schedules up earlier than later, the better.

5. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

We're up to 10 submitted teams, and 7 have their registration posts up :)

Very awesome :)

Pawndawan and orian34 like this.
  6. Bad_Weather

Bad_Weather Kobold

I'm looking for a team too!

7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I don't like to cooperate... I like to Obliterate!

8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Obliterate in a team and it will be x3 the power.

9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

http://challonge.com/CHCoC

>> The following teams need to finish registering or ask for a delay by server reset tomorrow (the 21st) or be disqualified <<

>> The following teams need to finish registering by the 23rd or be disqualified <<

>> The following members have until the 21st to submit a team <<

>> All team leaders must have their team's initial loadouts provided by Aug 26th or risk forfeiting their first match. <<

To copy a player's load-out:
    1. Go to multiplayer Keep.
    2. Load your tournament character.
    3. Hit f1 twice to open the console.
    4. Type "partyanddecksbbcode" and hit enter. This copies a player's build to clipboard.
    5. In a private message to me, paste the party's full loadouts and send.

10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Maybe 3xs the library of items... I prefer to play a very brutal style which I have toned down due to my desire to win, but it makes me a terrible teammate.

11. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

Too bad you can't have 3 warriors, you will need to use another tactic.

DunDunDun likes this.
  12. Glospey

Glospey Kobold

I only found out about this tournament today but have already built a team. We're going to discuss availability tonight. Having read the top of this page, however, I felt I should ask: Is it too late to register? The OP I found originally had tomorrow's date listed . . .

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Technically he didn't say which time zone, so you might be able to register. BTW: Check this thread regularly to see if there are any new tournaments or other events.

14. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

If you can get a full registration post with availability in by reset tomorrow [which is when I'm finalizing the schedule], and your availability isn't too narrow, you can participate.

Speaking of, @Scarponi, you may want to poke Fif about meeting that deadline..

15. Glospey

Glospey Kobold

Didn't see a reply by the time we finished our convo tonight. We'll sign up for the next one ;)

Timeracers, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to keep an eye on that thread.

16. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

:scratches head:
    Well, you've 17 hours (as of the posting of this reply) to register if you change your mind.

Not sure when the next team tournament'll be, but I fully intend on running more tournaments in the future :)

17. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Pod 1 Schedule is Live.

Please have your loadouts private messaged to me through the forums by server reset on Wednesday.

4. Type "partyanddecksbbcode" and hit enter. This copies a player's build to clipboard.

If there are any delays, or if I made an error in the schedule, or if your schedule changes, please let me know as soon as possible.

Pod 1 Match-Ups

Hamster among us! v 99 Shouts of wow
    Friday 28th, 20:00 UTC​
    The Karen/Amy Controversy v 99 shouts of wow
    Friday 28th, 21:00 UTC​
    The Karen/Amy Controversy v Hamster among us!
    Friday 28th, 22:00 UTC​

U.S.S Enterprise Night Crew v Hamster among us!
    Sunday 30th, 19:00 UTC​
    U.S.S. Enterprise Night Crew v 99 shouts of wow
    Sunday 30th, 20:00 UTC​
    U.S.S Enterprise Night Crew v The Karen/Amy Controversy
    Sunday 30th, 22:30 UTC (Pending Confirmation)

@WhiteSorcerer , @Ewemax , @Obernoob
    @LieutenantCommanderData , @tiwx , @Eren
    @timeracers, @3beaner , @hagr
    @DupleX, @Pawndawan , @Bioautomaton

Party leaders that wish to be associated with their teams on Challonge (http://challonge.com/CHCoC) please let me know soon.
    Please note that if you view the challonge page for the event while logged in to a challonge account, match times will auto-convert to your local time (and may be easier to keep track of that way!).

@CT5, @Flaxative: Please let me know which matches you'll be able to help officiate; A clearer mind and a second set of eyes is the ideal outcome, but having (me + one of you) able to cover each match would give good redundancy in case of an RL issue hindering one of us from showing.

Flax, @DupleX, I still don't have your challonge accounts associated to the event as admins, if you'd like those permissions.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Pawndawan likes this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll get back to you about my schedule soon, but I don't have a challonge account and don't want to make one if I don't need it. Let me know!

19. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@DunDunDun - I can do the Friday matches. I cannot do the Sunday matches.

20. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Pod 2 Schedule is Live.

Please have your loadouts private messaged to me through the forums by server reset on Wednesday.

If there are any delays, or if I made an error in the schedule, or if your schedule changes, please let me know as soon as possible.

Pod 2 Match-Ups

Raging Strike v Unnamed and Unarmed
    Wednesday 2nd, 2:00 UTC​

timebeaner v Unamed and Unarmed
    Wednesday 2nd, 4:00 UTC​

Raging Strike v timebeaner
    Wednesday 2nd, 5:00 UTC

Pownys v Raging Strike TBD

Pownys
    v timebeaner TBD

Pownys
    v Unnamed and Unarmed TBD

Pownys are on a different schedule than the other three teams, so players, please work with your party leaders to arrange those matches!
    Schedules
    Unnamed and Unarmed
    Tuesday through Saturday, 12 to 5 UTC

Raging Strike

M, T, R, F 1 to 6 UTC

Timebeaner
    M, W, R, F 3 to 7 UTC

---

Pownys
    M, T, F 7 to 19 UTC
    W 14 to 19 UTC
    R 7- to15 UTC

Not available 26th, 27th, 28th.

@CT5, @Inkfingers , @Duke Tresnor
    @TheLoLChamp , @dlamica , @orian34
    @timeracers , @3beaner , @hagr
    @Brishna, @defrb , @Stage

Party leaders that wish to be associated with their teams on Challonge (http://challonge.com/CHCoC) please let me know soon.
    Please note that if you view the challonge page for the event while logged in to a challonge account, match times will auto-convert to your local time (and may be easier to keep track of that way!).

@DupleX, @Pawndawan: Please let me know which matches you'll be able to help officiate :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015