Champions of Cardhuntria: Discussion/FAQ/Grouping

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by DunDunDun, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Fair enough. From our point of view we can just calculate with the chance for different lines of play.

I enjoyed the first very much. The second not so much, but that is just because I hate making mistakes. Which is why I am currently not playing ranked. To be fair, such things happen, if the match is on friday night. :cool:

2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Just a reminder that @harels84 and @timeracers' teams have until the last match of the tournament completes to play their rematch, should they wish to do so.
    Perhaps @kustaa and @Ut5 may be willing to act as substitutes for your team again, Time, if needed.

3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

DunDunDun, CT5 and Inkfingers like this.
  4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

For people who want to improve their game play, should look ofc the video, but pay especially close attention to minute 16, where Whitesorcer played the Team Walk a little bit to fast. The play here would definitly going in with the elf warrior, which had enough damage to kill the priest and the dwarf. This way the opponents would have been in need to do something and had to play their team walk and would have lost from that point. But this is just a small mistake.

Unfortunatly this small mistake leads to a risky play I made in moving in the elv warrior to get the kills. The team walk was a totally blow out. Because of the failing ouch and the previous match we know, that the elf is tanked up with blocks, so the plan was not to attack him. But in that situation we were forced to attack him or loose all the cards on the elf without doing anything.

There is another situation were our sub did a big mistake, but I did not found that. He moved the dwarf randomly while other characters were in battle. May be someone else find that situation?

5. Pawndawan

CT5, Obernoob and DunDunDun like this.
  6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Could you clearify, what exactly in which order the tie break is? This final round seems to be more than close and it could be important whether we have to pay attention for vps or not.

7. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

From the clarification I got, it's all or nothing, with Raging Strike guarenteed second - you folks are fighting over who gets first vs 3rd.

DunDunDun likes this.
  8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Ink has it right: Winner takes 1st, not-winner takes 3rd. :)
    It may not seem an intuitive system at first, but I like it.
    Basically:
    One the one hand, Raging Strike and 99 Shouts are continuing their long-standing neck-to-neck rivalry, and, should one not show clear dominance, their total performance thus far will determine the victor.
    On the other, K/A has a chance to take it all, if they can defeat both of the leading contenders without failure (and the other two teams are then ranked by performance).

It's very much a structure that caters to my own personal tastes in tournament structures, so I hope you all find it similarly appealing :)

Besides: High stakes means a much more interesting and compelling final match, right? :D

Inkfingers likes this.
  9. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Which time and date are fine for you, @Janet @Ewemax @WhiteSorcerer ?

Edit:
    For @Janet: earlier ist better and the 13th and 14th are fine.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

We may have here a problem with the time zones. As far as I can tell @WhiteSorcerer seems to be in an American time zone, I am in an European and from the time suggested from @Pawndawan they seem to be in an Asian/Australian time zone. The earliest for me possible is 3 am UTC, for which I have to sleep in the guests rooms. :D But for @WhiteSorcerer this is already very late, but may be possible. So for us a time from 11 am UTC till 9 pm UTC would be better. But maybe this is in the middle in the night for @Pawndawan team?

11. Pawndawan

Nice assumptions, but wrong. :p I'm from Finland (UTC + 3) and @DupleX & @Bioautomaton are from (different parts of?) USA.

Those times suggested by me earlier are unfortunately the only times we all three can be online this week.

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Then it should be possible to figure out a better time as we are nearly in the same time zones, i guess. The problem is then, that @Bioautomaton goes early to bed?

@Whitesorcer @Ewemax @Janet Is 4:00 am UTC for you possible?

13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

DunDunDun likes this.
  14. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

15. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

16. Pawndawan

17. harels84

harels84 Mushroom Warrior

@DunDunDun we tried to play the game but to much players were missing...

18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

We have the same problems unfortunatly with the finals. Guess tournaments in coop mode should be finished within one day / weekend.

19. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

That was considered, but too many people had too specific schedules for that.
    In comparison to now, where we've actually managed several matches reasonably well, basically only three teams total could have shown up on any single day, and that's including all the groups that dropped out.
    Trust me, that was a far worse option :p

Again, future tournaments will have a much more accessible structure- just need to wrap this one up first :X

The more and longer-reaching schedule details you all can manage to post, the easier it'll be for party leaders and myself to arrange the matches.
    It's generally not a good idea to try and schedule matches within two days upcoming, unless you've a good sense that people will be available for them.

Feel free to a substitute, it looks like we accidentally let the 2-substitutes rule slide back when, and at this point, whatever wraps up the tournament is favorable.
    The original rule of '2 matches participated in to qualify for team prizes' stands, so most party members can swap out safely, losing just a gold chest.

20. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

So if they can't finish the tournament, we get first place by default, right? ;)