Challenge - The Nudie Run

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Mar 3, 2014.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I forgot this thing existed, looks fun so I want to try it out.
    I skimmed through a few pages of this thread to find the answers but I dont really have time for it, so before I start I have a few questions:
    Can we replay adventures that we have done previously - ie the next day?
    Do we have to use 1-1-1? (even though I understand that we may not be able to use all the loot from our chests)
    Can we buy items from shops for the gold that we get from selling treasures and unneeded items?

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

People have done any number of spinoffs and custom versions of this since it's unofficial and for fun anyway, but by the original structure as I remember it:
    No, you'd complete precisely 17 adventures total if you succeeded at a full run (ending at level 17), and would not repeat anything.
    No, party makeup is completely your choice, for better or worse depending on drops.
    No, though this has been an occasional variant used by others.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Won first try! Admittedly with a few handicaps (see house rules in the last spoiler) and 2/3 lives remaining.
    The Wizard's Workshop - longest of level 2's

Highway Robbery - longest of level 3's

Dungeon Of The Lizard Priest - I had combustible so didnt want to go the portal

Rescue From Shieldhaven Prison - longest of lvl 5's

Diamonds Of The Kobolds - easiest of the three lvl 6's

Forest Of Souls - have fire and no acid to deal with trog armor + surprise loot fairy ^_^

The Compass Of Xorr - easiest of the lvl 8's

Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifiers - easiest of the lvl 9's

Garnet Demon Portal - longest of lvl 10's

Goblins In The Woods - longest of lvl 11's

The Tomb Of Tverious - longest of lvl 12's

The Jewel Of Alet Zhav - you get the idea

Lord Batford's Manor - most levels are very easy + longest module of them all!

Riddle Of The Gnome Lords - longest of lvl 15's

Into The Black Forest - this was a bad idea

Lair Of The Yellow Dragon - I was thinking if I was allowed to do a different lvl 17 before this one but decided not because Cardstock is too easy for a whole extra module

My logic:
    I selected the levels with the highest amount of levels as that provided a higher chance for good loot to spawn.
    Varnkrunk
    Level 16 Dwarf Warrior

Troggstromez
    Level 16 Dwarf Wizard

Bolgdrek
    Level 16 Dwarf Priest
    I installed a few "house rules" that I thought were fair:
    > You get 3 lives because a bad draw can really screw you over: without you having much of a chance to fight back (ended with 2/3 lives - lost one in the last level of Into the Black Forest).
    > You get a gold total for treasures that you sell (not items) because otherwise its just a waste of chest space and a bit unfair (ended with 18 gold).
    > You may purchase items that from shops that match or are under your character's levels (so The Armory, Kyburz Market and The Goblin Bazaar when your characters reach that level).

Some stuff I found while playing:
    Flimsy block is very powerful - good counter for brains and curses (+ taunt).
    Res hide is more useful than you expect in SP.
    Healing + martyr is quite powerful especially when you bait and train the ai.
    Fire is one of the most powerful things in Cardhunter but you cannot get enough fire items in the time provided as they are mostly found on rare+ items.
    ~
    My first and last legendary was in the chest before the final level! :)
    But it was hard to decide if I should take it over Double-edged.
    nudielung1.jpg

4. I'm going to try this soon and maybe make a few videos on it. Hopefully it'll help rekindle the spark Card Hunter once had for me. Maybe it would be more fun to do it as a co-op?

5. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

co-op can be fun once both players have done nudie run a few times before, otherwise its devastating when you lose to a simple co-op mistake, or lack of patience on someone's part. plus, it takes longer so all three players would need a couple or three hours to spare

6. I'll probably only do it with very experienced and trustworthy players.