Challenge - The Nudie Run

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think I'll go with allowing use of any items that dropped on the current run and limited use of The Armory and Kyburz Market. If I start making it past 12 too often, I'll back something off.

2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I'm considering changes to my rule set, just giving it some time for thought and testing.

1) I want to include shops, but in a limited fashion.
    2) Apparently the shops now stock every (or nearly) every common item. This was done to assist folks with the campaign, but it reduces the choices to find and purchase the best common items.
    3) I under estimated the usefulness of certain low level common items in the higher levels.

In a perfect world I'd want a store to only stock 10-20 items, and not offer the giant selection they currently do. But oh well.

Right now I'm leaning towards removing any shopping from Randimar's (which returns the mode to only rares you can find), and also reducing the amount of items you can purchase from the lower level stores (down to 1 or 2). I'll make changes to my rules post when i'm a bit more confident on them.

3. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Naked Run Round 2

Party:

Dwarf Wizard: Carrot
    Human Warrior: Lily
    Human Priest: Terra

All characters are maximum level.

Rules:

1) Each module can be done once and only once, and one must be done for each level.
    2) The only items usable by the party are the ones pulled from the chests opened over the course of the run.
    3) Three failures in a module means a Game Over for the party.
    4) No money is allowed to be spent anywhere.
    5) The game is considered complete when the Golden Dragon is defeated.
    6) No club membership items allowed.

Level 1 Module: Tunnels Into Darkness

Picked up Beginner's Staff for Carrot.

Level 1 Module: White Skull Canyon

Picked up a Violet Staff for Carrot.

Level 2 Module: Caverns of the Troglodytes

Picked up a Hatchet for Lily and a Novice's Hatchet for Terra. The module end chest gave Lily a Trog Skin Jacket, Terra a Poor Man's Mail, Carrot some Rotting Leather Boots, and Lily an Untrained Impaling.

Level 2 Module: The Wizard's Workshop

Passed over Obscure Stone and decided to keep my pockets empty. Lily picked up Leather Boots on the second level, and Untrained Rifthopping went in the bin. Module end chest gave Terra Untrained Piety and a Crude Healing Charm.

Level 3 Module: Lair of the Trog Wizard

Chucked another Tome of the Withering Source in the bin. Lily got a Lightweight Buckler from the module end chest.

Level 3 Module: Highway Robbery

While I'm willing to put up with Defensiveness on my Priest, there's no way in hell I'm letting it get near my wizard. Untrained Electromancy goes to the bin and Lily gets a Plain Dagger. Terra picks up Rotting Leather Boots in the second level and now I have a pair. Terra picks up Rusty Shield in the third level. Third pair of Rotting Leather Boots goes to Lily and Wimp's Helm goes to the trash.

Level 4 Module: Dungeon of the Lizard Priest

Terra gets a Wooden Token on the first level. Carrot picks up Burning Bangle on the second level. Module end chest gives Lily Rusty Spiked Helmet, a Balsa Boltstaff and a Blasting Rod to Carrot.

Level 4 Module: Ruby Demon Portal

Carrot grabs a Hickory Staff from the first level. Terra picked up Novice Ablution in the third level. Lily picks up Black Boots in the module end chest. Really not feeling confident about this party at the moment.

Level 5 Module: Slub-Gut's Sanctum

Horrible hand and worst possible positioning nearly spells death for the party, but a couple of hot spots ends the slime. Carrot picks up Imp-Proof Robes a level too late and Lily gets her third weapon in the form of a Cleaver. The module end chest has a Flimsy Rapier for Lily who ditches the Hatchet, and a Witchdoctor's Axe for Terra who also trades out for Novice Healer.

Level 5 Module: Rescue From Shieldhaven Prison

First level Carrot upgraded to Croc Skin Boots and became a Fireblinker Novice. Lily upgraded to Old Padded Mail in level two. Carrot switched over to Novice Sparking in level three. Got an Accursed Mace in the module end chest, but I don't hate myself enough to put up with Demonic Mist.

Level 6 Module: Diamonds of the Kobolds

Got four people in a Burning Spray for the first time ever. Picked up Sorcery Staff for Carrot. Risky, but he has the hit points to manage it. Terra got Long Axe of Retribution. She's starting to look very similar to my last build.

Level 6 Module: The White Star

Absolutely nothing gained from this module. Skipping Defense of Woodholme due to incredible lack of Blunt Weapons.

Level 7 Module: Forest of Souls

Lily picked up Solid Mail in the first level. Terra picked up Holy Axe in the second level and swapped out Witchdoctor's Axe. Lily replaced Plain Dagger with Silver Rapier and Cleaver is replaced for Rickety Polearm.

Level 7 Module: Beneath the Frozen Earth

Lily picks up Rusty Chainmail, and Terra picks up Maple Shield. No other treasure of note.

Level 8 Module: The Compass of Xorr

Rickety Polearm gets swapped for Glimmering Sword on Lily. Really glad they didn't move Ouch! to three damage. Lily also picks up Gorilla Skin Mask in level 2. Final chest is quite nice with Holy Breastplate for Terra, and a Shivering Shield for Lily.

Level 9 Module: Gladiator Qualifier's

Terra picks up a Flawed Healing Ring in level one. Then Terra swapped out her Rotting Leather Boots for a pair of Holey Boots...because she's a priest...get it? Carrot finally picked up a new item, Stout Charger from the end module chest, and the Holy Axe was replaced by the Initiate's Glaive. Now I really do have the same setup on her as last time...

Level 10 Module: The Sinister Wood

Carrot grabs Dendrite Ring on level two of this module. Lily picks up Trained Impaling from the end chest.

Level 11 Module: Goblins in the Woods

Carrot picks up Burning Spark Initiate on level 2. Terra got a Big Stick on level 3. Carrot gets Lovat Boots in Level 4, but passes on Quickling Robes since Resistant Hide is too good.

Level 12 Module: The Tomb of Tvericus

Terra replaces Wooden Token with Alabaster Charm. Terra picked up Buckler of Inertia on level two. Rusty Chainmail swapped for Barbarian's Mail. Tvericus put the final nail in the coffin for this party with three back-to-back defeats thanks to skeletons drawing three movement cards on their first turn each round.

-------

As I see it, while the Dwarf Wizard was quite useful this time around, the level 12 module choices are going to be a major hurdle for any party attempting this challenge as long as you aren't using the shops. On the one hand, you have the Temple of Scales which is suicide for even a prepared party. On the other, you have Tree Forts of the Goblins with an absolutely lethal first level of Goblin Shredders and Wisps. Despite the type disadvantage I might have against the skeletons and the zombies, unfortunately it seems like Tvericus is the only real viable option even with the boss fight and the sharp difficulty increase.

Christofff and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm still limiting adventures to 1 per level, but allowing 3 items from The Armory and 3 from Kyburz. Barring some amazing drops, I don't expect to get to the dragon. It's just to see how far I get before the crash.

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I'm still going the rough route - no item backlog or stores, originally lvl 1 characters and 1 adventure per level. Still on my first run - just beat Against the Cockroaches and Goblins in the Woods, and got my characters to lvl 10. Was on my last attempt on that last map of GitW, so I'm doubtful how much further I can progress. Great fun limiting your playstyle like this!

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

That sounds like it is impossible unless you got AMAZING drops each time. I wonder if it would be possibly to do if you were allowed to do other levels, but not repeat ones you've finished.

7. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Nudie Run: Round 3

Rules:

1) Each module can be done once and only once, and one must be done for each level.
    2) The only items usable by the party are the ones pulled from the chests opened over the course of the run.
    3) Three failures in a module means a Game Over for the party.
    4) No money is allowed to be spent anywhere.
    5) The game is considered complete when the Golden Dragon is defeated.
    6) No club membership items allowed.

Party:

Dwarf Wizard: Carrot
    Human Priest: Terra
    Human Warrior: Lily

Level 1 Module: Tunnels Into Darkness

Picked up Leather Boots for Lily.

Level 1 Module: White Skull Canyon

Picked up Bulky Club for Lily. And a second Bulky Club for her in the second level along with a Rusty Shield.

Level 2 Module: Cavern's of the Troglodytes

Picked up Leaden Maul for Lily. Terra gets Leather Boots and Lily gets Hidebound Boots. Lily picks up Bulky Leather Vest (two rares in three levels for the warrior?!), Carrot gets Untrained Blazing, and Terra gets Poor Man's Mail.

Level 2 Module: The Wizard's Workshop

Picked up Perforating Wand for Carrot and Tough Fencer's Boots. Carrot picks up Moldy Cloth Boots and Terra takes Tough Fencer's Boots. Lily picks up Defensive Helm. Lots of love for my warrior this time around which is kind of surprising.

Level 3 Module: Lair of the Trog Wizard

Carrot picks up Green Wand. No other treasure of note.

Level 3 Module: Highway Robbery

Carrot gains Untrained Ferocity, making this the second race skill I've ever gotten in these runs. Terra picks up Midnight Shroud and Soothing Relic. Terra picks up Untrained Healer. Carrot picks up Beast's Robes and Rotting Leather Boots.

Level 4 Module: Dungeon of the Lizard Priest

Carrot picks up Burning Bangle and a Fireblinker Novice and a White Orb. Lily takes Patchwork Boots.

Level 4 Module: Ruby Demon Portal

Carrot picks up Robe of Lightness and White Oak Staff and Storm Circlet. There we go, I knew I'd get the massive Arcane drops for the wizard eventually. Lily picks up Novice Slicing.

Level 5 Module: Rescue From Shieldhaven Prison

Terra finally picks up her first divine weapon in Long Axe of Repentance, making this the third straight run in which she's been using these axes. She also swaps out for Cheap Fencer's Boots. My warrior's luck continues with Crusty Helm, Heavy Wooden Shield, and a Thick Club (she now has three rares equipped).

Terra gets Novice Piety, my favorite Divine Skill in the game, and gets the old Rusty Shield.

Level 5 Module: Slub Gut's Sanctum

While my warrior is going to be completely useless on the first and second levels, I think my wizard and priest can pull up the slack.

Hilariously, while my warrior started out in the perfect spot (the one off square away from the slime), the slime spent three movement cards chasing after her, ignoring the priest and the wizard in favor of chasing her down.

Terra picked up Righteous Tome, and Carrot ended up with another Sorcery Staff...oh dear. Lily replaced Bulky Club with Old Adze.

Level 6 Module: Diamonds of the Kobolds

If I ever try the mode of only one module per level, this is probably the best level to skip. I think the game is programmed here to give you three treasures every time, and this time I got four of them from the module end chest.

Level 6 Module: The White Star

Two whiffs in a row. This is not looking good. Got tons and tons of treasure though. Since my warrior is still packing two clubs, I decided to go for Defense of Woodholme.

Level 6 Module: The Defense of Woodholme

Carrot picks up Imp-Proof Robes...five levels too late. Oh well, he does have Firestorm. The module paid off in a big way once my warrior got Unbalanced Doloire. It was a tough decision, but ultimately I decided to replace Thick Club. Carrot replaced Green Wand with Caustic Ring.

Level 7 Module: Beneath the Frozen Earth

Replaced Caustic Ring with Booming Ring. Might have to switch back again for the forest. Armorbane Pendant became available, and it's tempting to take it out for the trees, but I find Dissolve Armor to be pretty crap against monsters that seem to easily draw multiple copies of their signature armor.

Level 7 Module: Forest of Souls

Terra replaces Rusty Shield with Heavy Wooden Shield. And that's about it. Amusingly, none of the trees ever drew their armor cards so I was right in keeping Armorbane pendant away.

Level 8 Module: The Compass of Xorr

Terra replaces Heavy Wooden Shield with Cautious Shield. Poor Man's Mail is replaced with Glowing Hide Armor. And finally, after 16 levels, Terra gets her second Divine Weapon in the form of Assuaging Mace...which is pretty crappy and a surefire discard if I ever get anything better.

Level 8 Module: Lord Stafford's Treasure

Soothing Relic is replaced by Poisoned Relic. Carrot gets Crafted Boots.

Level 9 Module: Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifiers

Lily picks up Cautious Shield. Terra gets Holey Boots (again), and Lily gets Light Chain Boots. Making a note of Amber Amulet here as it might be useful later.

Level 9 Module: Return to Woodholme

Terra picks up Medic's Spear in the last level of this module. Goodbye Assuaging Mace.

Level 10 Module: The Sinister Wood

White Oak Staff replaced with Pulsing Staff. Unholy Charm replaces Righteous Tome, Incense of the Nether Fog replaces Midnight Shroud, and Charged Opal replaces Storm Circlet.

Level 11 Module: Goblins in the Woods

Clouded Healing Ring replaces Poisoned Relic. Clouded Healing Ring quickly replaced with Black Token. Booming Ring replaced with Elemental Diadem. Carrot picked up Trained Electromancy. Terra picks up Trained Piety.

Level 12 Module: Tomb of Tvericus

This is it. Everything has been building up to this. Lily replaces Old Adze with Thick Club in preparation.

First defeat in the zombie yard. Second defeat against the three skeletons. Third defeat almost brought about by Tvericus. Lily picks up trained gouging on level 3. Thick Club replaced with Weighted Shortsword. Lovat Boots replaced Lily's Light Chain Boots. Breathed a sigh of relief.

Level 13 Module: Shrine of the Astral Guardians

Sorcery Staff replaced with Electrum Staff. Advanced Gouging replaced Trained Gouging on Lily. Leaden Maul replaced with Sturdy Rapier and Lily learned Flexibility.

Level 14 Module: Return to the Astral Shrine

My last failing spot. Time for a rematch. First level caused a party death thanks to numerous Acid Blasts and Rockfalls, but the party managed to pull through the second time. Unfortunately, history repeated itself with the second level, with my party simply unable to pull up enough firepower to deal with the Rooks and Bishops planted on the Victory Points. Might try Citrine Demon Portal next time around.

Final Party

Terra: Human Priest

Divine Weapons:
    Medic's Spear
    Long Axe Of Repentance

Divine Items:
    Black Token
    Incense Of The Nether Fog
    Unholy Charm

Shield: Cautious Shield
    Armor: Glowing Hide Armor
    Boots: Holey Boots
    Divine Skill: Trained Piety
    Human Skill: Unskilled Human

Lily: Human Warrior

Weapons:
    Unbalanced Doloire
    Sturdy Rapier
    Weighted Shortsword

Helm: Crusty Helm
    Shield: Cautious Shield
    Armor: Bulky Leather Vest
    Boots: Lovat Boots
    Martial Skill: Advanced Gouging
    Human Skill: Flexibility

Carrot: Dwarf Wizard

Staffs:
    Pulsing Staff
    Electrum Staff

Arcane Items:
    Charged Opal
    Elemental Diadem
    Burning Bangle
    White Orb

Robes: Imp-Proof Robes
    Boots: Crafted Boots
    Arcane Skill: Trained Electromancy
    Dwarf Skill: Untrained Ferocity

-----------------------------

Tvericus is an incredible hurdle to get over in this mode and one that has nearly spelled the death for every party I've run so far (and outright destroyed one), but Return to the Astral Shrine seems almost impossible. Next time I'm going to try running through Citrine Demon Portal, which probably means giving up Carrot. While he was awesome in the early levels, once VPs start to come into play more often, his speed really starts to become a detriment.

One thing that did occur to me though, as I was sitting on 250 gold worth of treasure at the end of this run, was that while I still think any use of the shop isn't keeping within the spirit of this challenge (as you can cherry pick your items there), I don't see any particular reason as to why you shouldn't be able to use Anjin's Treasure with the money you pick up over the course of the campaign from treasures, so long as you are ONLY using the money you earn during the current run.

That would mean that your treasures which would normally be dead drops can be turned into something worthwhile, or rather, a chance at something worthwhile, and can give you some much needed fuel for the modules past level 9.

8. Pengw1n

Somehow I'm still alive after Tvericus. The fun bit is I was on my last replay attempt from the first battle - I guess I have better mobility than mass damage. Now to pick with lvl 13 module to tackle. UGH!

Entangling roots has saved me a lot - I really love how this mode makes me uses cards otherwise qualified as "sub par". This is what makes me ponder why people want to use the shop, makes sense for general play - but not here, at least to me. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment?

That being said, if this turns into some kind official gameplay mode - I'd suggest a separate loot table with no treasure drops, since those makes the rng factor determinative. Would also be more viable if there were no loot drops above the party level.

And so it ends, on the third map of Alet Zhav - spent all of my attempts on this map, due to the horrible stepping zombie. Damnations!

Freshly picked lvl 1 adventurers, doing a single adventure per adventure level (not characters level). Did not use shops, or items from the run that had left the loot chest or being equipped. It's fun noticing my warrior is still carrying his starter sword...

(LVL1) White Skull Canyon> (LVL2) Caverns of the Troglodytes> (LVL3) Highway Robbery> (LVL4) Ruby Demon Portal>(LVL5) Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison>(LVL6) The Defense of Woodhome>(LVL7) The Forest of Souls>(LVL 8) The Compass of Xorr> (LVL9) Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifiers, (LVL10) Against the Cockroaches> (LVL11) Goblins in the Woods, (LVL12) The Tomb of Tvericus, (LVL13) Alet Zhav (death on 3rd out of 4 maps)

Vileslicer
    Level 11 Human Warrior
    1 x Run
    1 x Impaler
    2 x Parry
    1 x Walk
    3 x Able Stab
    2 x Hardy Mail
    4 x Bludgeon
    2 x Mail

Boombat
    Level 11 Dwarf Priest
    1 x Heal
    1 x Altruism
    1 x Blind Rage
    2 x Bludgeon
    1 x War Cry
    1 x Mail
    2 x Minor Heal

Fizzlestick
    Level 11 Elf Wizard
    1 x Brain Burn
    3 x Little Zap
    1 x Fire Spray
    1 x Hardy Mail
    2 x Hot Spot
    1 x Bludgeon
    4 x Walk
    1 x Mail

Christofff likes this.
  9. YamaDeva

YamaDeva Mushroom Warrior

Went to first and second shop, bougth a sorcery staff (one found), a blessed club, an acrobat's bane and some minor items; the items that leaves my inventory won't get back in; yep the game loves mages, all the rare items were mage's; on a side note, off 8 treasures from the first kobold adventure, 6 were common treasure... have a decent party though, going on

10. Gwenndolyn

Gwenndolyn Kobold

I made my first attempt at the nudie run using ClanCrusher's rules and a 1 warrior, 1 priest, 1 mage all human party. I made it as far as Lord Stafford's Treasure, but the last map stopped me all three times. But, for a first attempt, it wasn't bad. Think I'll go with dwarves next.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

12. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I've been testing this more over the weekend. Dropping purchases down to 1 per shop definitely brought back the difficulty. I was able to beat Tvericus (barely, it took all of my retries), but failed on High Mountain Pass (though I did manage to beat the first 2 levels of that). My second test was similar.

The difficulty clearly hits in levels 12-14. There's a lot of very experienced players reporting the same results, it doesn't seem specific to me.

Much like in Nethack or other Rogue's you're really just trying to put together the appropriate equipment to be able to deal with the later levels. One of the things that always struck me about a lot of rogue-likes (and I've played my fair share) is that it can take you a long time to figure out everything you need to in order to beat the game the first time, but it's really about building up enough knowledge of the game. Once someone learns enough to beat the game, it's much easier to repeat it. By design, there's a lot of randomness in rogue-like games, but there are often many ways to mitigate that as well (shops, wishes, religion systems, etc). Experience teaches players what they need to win, and then the game provides various ways to get those things outside of random drops, so they are often less luck based than it first appears to new players.

So like I said, many of us have the requisite experience with playing Cardhunter meaning that we've learned many of the strategies to beat the game. We know what to expect, we're just trying to build up the kit to beat it. However there is nothing mitigating the luck here. As a free to play design it simply expects you could spend more time replaying levels to get the items you need, it's just that we've agreed to not do that for this mode. But beating the harder levels is still about having the right items as much as it is about knowing what to do with them, so it's feeling more random to me. (Alternatively you can hope the AI doesn't draw the right cards, but that's just another way of relying on luck.) The problem with a purely random game is that it feels like it rewards luck over skill. It's a slot machine instead of a pinball game.

For me, I think allowing limited shopping is a nice counter to the pure randomness of relying on limited drops. The question comes down to where you want the difficulty curve. I made some updates to the rules I posted to try to maintain a level of difficulty. I understand that players will have different preferences, so this is really just chosen based on my own tastes.

Christofff likes this.
  13. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Trying my second run: lv 8 chars, only 1 module per lv, no money spent, no shops. at going for the lv 6 module by route white canyon-caverns-highway robbery-dungeon of lizard priest- shieldhaven prison

Had some luck on the loot, with a rare warrior weapon and epic armor

Rilgrom
    Level 8 Dwarf Priest
    4 x Bludgeon
    1 x Weak Block
    2 x Barge
    4 x Minor Heal
    2 x Heal
    1 x Walk
    2 x Shuffle

Ghalbar
    Level 8 Dwarf Wizard
    5 x Force Bolt
    1 x Shuffle
    2 x Acid Blast
    2 x Long Spark
    2 x Zap
    2 x Fire Spray

Liddrung
    Level 8 Dwarf Warrior
    2 x Wimpy
    1 x Weak Chop
    4 x Bludgeon
    2 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Shuffle
    2 x Slicer
    1 x Dash

so lets see to where i can progress

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Tried a noobie priest/wiz/wiz build yesterday. Had a total of 5 usable items when I died in Ruby Demon Portal. I'll try it again today, and hope for better drops.

15. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I arrived a little late at this post I guess, but I have been trying this challenge for some days and, as many have said, it is great to revalue the campaign when the only purpose of it seemed to be (after you have beaten all the modules) for farming. Now you can actually have fun playing SP with the nudie run. The best thing is that it lets you rediscover some low level or subpar items and cards. Healing Presence, for example. I always thought it was a very bad card, but in this challenge you can make a good use of it, specially in the low-level adventures. Even Wavering Faith was very useful to get rid of some nasty armors. Also, this challenge obligues you to adjust your strategy all the time according to the drops you get. Accelerated Thought, for instance, is a card that I had never used before (not because it's bad, but I prefer other boost-cards if I use a priest, like Mass Frenzy), but I ended with 5 of them in my priest, so I was forced to use it, and it was extremely useful.

Anyway, I have beaten the challenge using the "hard rules" (no shops, no loot fairy drops, once an item goes into your inventory, it's gone forever, 1 and only 1 module per level, 3 tries per module) and I wanted to post my final team. I also wanted to say that it's not necessary to get very good drops to win this challenge, as some have said. I only received an epic item at the end of the 15th module (Long-handled Mace), so it was only a 2 module-use item. Besides that, it was all done with commons and uncommons. I even ended with 3 level 0 (default) items. I guess the key is going almost always with the modules that have more battles, and of course you will need some luck in the most difficult ones as well (like the Jewel of Alet Zhav or other level 13 adventures).

My path was the following:

1) White Skull Canyon
    2) The Wizard's Workshop
    3) Highway Robbery
    4) Ruby Demon Portal
    5) Slub Gut's Sanctum Lost twice in the last battle (I don't know why I took this one, the best would have been Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison, easier and with 4 battles)
    6) The Defense of Woodhome
    7) The Throne of Strench
    8) The Compass of Xorr
    9) Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifiers
    10) Garnet Demon Portal
    11) Pools of Slime
    12) Tomb of Tvericus
    13) The Jewel of Alet Zhav Lost once in the last battle
    14) Lord Batford's Manor Lost once in the last battle
    15) Riddle of the Gnome Lords
    16) Temple of Terror
    17) Lair of the Yellow Dragon Lost once in the first battle

And the team that defeated the yellow dragon was this one:

Celes
    Level 19 Human Priest

Koldum
    Level 18 Dwarf Warrior

Ogriok
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Maybe I'll try it with level 1 characters, though that really seems impossible.

Pawndawan, kogi, Jarmo and 3 others like this.
  16. Stexe

Where there is a will there is a way! :-P

Maybe 2 quests per level to compensate?

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Respect, Jacques! How many times did you need to try the hard Nudie Run to complete it?

18. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

It's a good idea, Stexe, I will try with only one per level first, but 2 adventures per level could definitely be a possibility to make it less impossible. Also, you could have the option to use your earned treasures, that would compensate a bit as well.

Thanks Jarmo (I forgot how to qoute here :p), the first time I tried with level 1 characters and I lost quickly. Then, with fully leveled characters I think this was my fourth or fifth time. It was not much, but as this is so replayable because it's a different experience every time, beating it fairly quickly is not a problem. I will post how it goes with level 1 characters, but don't expect much success this time...

Sir Veza, Stexe and Jarmo like this.
  19. Pengw1n

It's hard, but I made it to 3rd map of Alet Zhav - so I'm sure someone will be able to beat that sooner or later, with the right amount of luck, skill and persistance.

Jacques likes this.
  20. Stexe

Now if they formalized this in the game and offered some reward I'm sure a lot of people would be clambering to play it. :-P