Caverns of Chaos

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Wocket

Wocket Orc Soldier

Great work as always, but why is the last half of the video NOT playing Yakety Sax?

Opportunity missed.

Han Lee, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just edited @CT5's post to include a language warning. Folks have given me flak before for my potty mouth on stream ;)

3. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

I did it. After stopping at 8-9 more times I wish to admit I finally got to 10. Here I found a Maple Tree, 2 Gnome Inciters, King Oggencot and a fat troll.
    On my side a dwarf laser priest, an elf fire wizard and an elf warrior (the elves having the AotA skins).

I'll never curse the RNG again.

CT5, Sir Veza, Pawndawan and 3 others like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Some promises are made to be broken.

Rohndil, CT5 and seth arue like this.
  5. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

A fairly typical run, methinks:

Sir Veza and Wocket like this.
  6. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Meanwhile, I just got to lv10 and was met two Maple Trees, a Green Jelly, Duke Oggencot (the tough zombie), and (of course) Blizkenripper. ... damn Blizkenripper ripped me to into blizkens. (whatever that means)

That's only the second time I've reached the throne room. On the earlier time, I faced the Elder Mind and some other stuff... and I quickly wished that I didn't use mass frenzy. :p

PurpleRed, CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think Blizkenripper is based on blitzes, so naturally he is very hard.(JK)

8. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Are there any regular monster mobs that never appear in the CoC? Regular as in not 2x2 and not a variation on another enemy like the Hacked Turret? I've never come across any Lightning Idols, and I'm wondering if I'm just very lucky because boy would I not want to come across a Lightning Idol.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There are a few. I didn't include lightning idols on propose.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thank you.

11. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

So I have been to lv10 Coc 5 times. Every time it was Bliz?!? So as the saying goes: "If life hands you invincible dragons, you better learn to fight invincible dragons".
    [​IMG]

For the record, it took just under 90min and it was all solo work by the elf. Both priests died in the initial tussle with the minions.

And thanks for showing up Bleneth. Next time I need to be mass frenzied twice every round, I'll give you a call.

Wandere, Happenstance, Jarmo and 18 others like this.
  12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Wow, round 488, that's pretty epic! Congrats on the win!

timeracers and CT5 like this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

There is NO WAY I'd have the patience for that. Congratulations!

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

LOL.

15. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

Thanks. Yesss it was a rather long fight, I got pulled into bit by bit. After killing the minions I was just dancing around at random assuming bliz would catch up sooner or later, but it slowly dawned on me that that particular elf warrior has a complete dragon fighting kit in his deck. Given such fortuitous circumstance, I felt obliged to play it out. It was quite an interesting fight too, even after 400 rounds I was still adapting and optimizing.

Jarmo, Wocket, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  16. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

Just finished CoC for the 2nd time!

This time I had to face Xanthicius, the legendary Sniper, Goblin Hulks and Gnome Berserker. Since I had no total jerk in my team (yes, I am looking at you acid-geisha and slime-warrior) and even the legendary Glasod (who is awesome and full of good vampire stuff, blocks, buffs...), everything went quite smooth.

The toughest fight was on stage 6 (entropic) where I had to fight Trolls, Cursed Idols, Tall Beech Trees and Oak Slingers. DidnĀ“t know such a composition was possible on an entropic stage. Btw does anybody know the criteria for monster selection?

coc.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  17. kvaak

kvaak Kobold

I was entirely convinced Bliz is impossible to beat with any combination of CoC chars including (duplicate) legendaries.

You are a crazy mad person. I'd take my hat off if I had one.

I've reached CoC 10 five times (+ once in return to CoC) and I've had the fortune of not meeting Bliz once.

What exactly does that involve? I know she has healing dash for one but while I did 1hp Black Plume Mountain I sometimes saw Bliz moving three times in the same round and in your map looks like one-square step moves aren't always enough to even get you into cover.

18. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Highlight of the run: Mokad (1:05:50)
    Lowlight of the run: 2 Winter Human Priests + Wym vs... you can prob guess who.

BlackVoidDeath and Flaxative like this.
  19. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Nice idea - adding a description of what is in the vid, I suggest you also write the time of when the highlight happens because I am sorry but I dont have one and half hours to spare but want to watch the highlight(s)
    Edit: CT5: "OMG ITS MOKAD!" at 1:05:55

CT5 likes this.
  20. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Just watched the 10th floor - when Blizzy was chasing you around the pillar it reminded me of the film The Hobbit (yes specifically the film)
    of when Bilbo was being chased by the dragon in there - he also hid behind pillars just like here :p
    Yes I put this in a spoiler just in case if anyone hasnt seen the movie yet :)