Caverns of Chaos tips!

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Christofff, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I"ve been playing Caverns alot since the Mitternacht update introduced new monsters and heroes.

In playing it continuously I realised a few key things that generally always help. I'll list them now, they are not hard and fast rules but the main thing is they make sense to you intuitively. If not, you need to play some more / pay more attention to your games!

1) At the start of the round, your first play is very important. I try to always make a move to expand my position (since zonal control is you know, a thing), unless I am facing tonnes of ranged enemies. Expanding your position is important for two reasons - you prevent enemy from easily surrounding your weaker characters, and you can focus on your opponents weaker enemies. Also see tips 2 and 3 below.

2) Have a little awareness of what you want to discard each round. If you get greedy sometimes, and just pass waiting for a move, and then sometimes the round might end! Are you prepared to discard one or even two good cards in your hand that could have otherwise been really useful?

3) Focus enemies that are the biggest threat first. THe less dmg you receive, the longer your party can last which means much better chance of winning. If you expand ur position with care you can usually easily access these enemies. Similarly, avoid enemies that don't do much damage to your team at the time. E.g you have reliable mail and facing a bronze golem =so what, big deal! \

4) Use effective positioning to retreat your weakest characters. I"ll put a screenshot here shortly. Basically, you want your characters to be staggered, so that one can retreat behind another and then enemy can not easily finish your weakest off.

5) As always I believe in staying healthy, and stretch regularly and have a healthy daily life so your mind is clear and emotions calm :)

These tips can often apply in multiplayer as well. Hope it helps!

Cooldude

Flaxative, Maniafig and Sir Veza like this.