Caverns of Chaos Death List

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Magic Elves, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I've been trying to get a feel for what's been killing people the most in CoC recently. If you die in the Caverns, writing down how it happened here could be useful if rebalancing of the caverns happens again, and at the very least provide some interesting reading material and warnings for other spelunkers. Map number, party composition, type of map, and enemy assortment are all useful.

2. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Killed by those death thing. He keept negative energy being on himself, doomed all my characters.
    3 warriors.
    Cleaned all the area, he was invincible.

3. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Died to Greenfang, I attribute cause of death to not prioritizing him due to the only experience I had against him being from two years ago, and not noticing that he drew 6 cards of very strong attacks per turn. I'm also going to blame death on Omnifis only having 25 HP as opposed to the 27 a Human CoC Priest normally has, or the 29 (I think) a legendary Human CoC priest should have.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Died wave 1 to Death Elementals. :p Almost had them, but they draw that NEB so often and so reliably that we just couldn't break through, and them doom slowly wiped us out.

WexMajor and Potatus like this.
  5. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

@Wandere the only purge we had was Purging Strike....

6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Started round with two caveman wizards and the piercing stab human warrior on an open map, versus a large amount of strong ranged enemies and burning skeletons. One wizard died the first round, the second died shortly after, and the human warrior did not fare well after they were gone.

7. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Open map, level 8.
    Sentry bots and those little metal chests that shoot lasers.
    Nowhere to hide.

8. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Quite a strong allied team - two good priests and a mage against trees, imps, lizards and men on a slightly constrained but fair VS map, but we just didn't escape being surrounded fast enough and got slaughtered. :confused:

9. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Trolls and Invisible Spiders. Not even Xander, the bludgeon dwarrior, AND the elf vamp (a very good team) could stop them.

10. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Trolls, wyverns and mummies.
    2 human clerics, 1 human warrior (the blob one)
    Got steamrolled.

11. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

[​IMG]

Annihilated. :)

12. Darkgryf

Darkgryf War Monkey

yeah, this didnĀ“t took good from the start

13. Maple trees, on level 3... seriously...

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Decided to try CoC again, since I have club membership this month....

Map 5, two Troll Warriors who never stopped regenerating. I didn't have any Purge or fire damage, and only drew two cards with >5 damage (Sorcerous Blast and Devastating Blow).

15. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Team clerics.
    Kept drawing not attacks, untill cornered by zombies in a tiny map.
    They kept me stunned.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  16. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Versus Oakenshade with his assistant of Lich, two Gnarled Maples, and a copper Golem. Turn one, every enemy was redecorated on top of my party. Though it was a good party to fight him with (Strong bludgeon dwarrior and semidecent support) and I was able to start attacking him the first turn, I still lost with him having 18 HP left and the other beaters undamaged.

17. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Why do we have Death Elementals in CoC? I had 2 wizards and a warrior against 2 Death Elementals and some other enemies (made irrelevant by the presence of Death Elementals) on a fairly small/open map, and it only took them a couple of rounds to get Doom attached to all of my characters.

WexMajor and Potatus like this.
  18. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Another death by death elemental, despite having a cleric. I had to choose between removing doom and removing NEB. I choose doom. It was a mistake.

19. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

This list is by no means complete:

General combinatons:

Triple priest party
    Double priest party with generally weak thrid character
    Two or more elf party in closed area
    Elf wiz vs ranged enemies
    Flying enemies that prevent you from using good positioning/ reaching the annoying ranged enemies

General enemies:

Trolls
    Oakenshade
    Enemies with tonnes of move cards such as archer / assault dog / troll
    Enemies with Op traits which they draw consistently such as new recruits / rad spider / troll
    Enemies with Op attacks which cause two-for-one such as troll

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  20. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

I died to a mummy when I got only one elf wizard who had attacks that could get through only bones. She died to some golems. :(

WexMajor and ParodyKnaveBob like this.