Cardhunter beta video

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Close call there for the wizard - don't spoil the suspense by saying you made it next time ;)

Those challenge modes - or whatever they are called, can they be done at the same time (check all boxes for more loot than doing them individually)? Repeatable - maybe on a similar timer to original adventure?

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

They are done one at a time and i wouldn't suggest trying it any other way even if you could but might be fun for insane people.

3. Necrometzer

Necrometzer Mushroom Warrior

Thanks for another great video. I love you Worzarg! I will name my first kobold baby after you.

Also...Those black card really don't seem as detrimental as they seem like they should be. I didn't see that you were really required to play them, and they were easy to discard. Shouldn't the KEEP rule on it prevent you from discarding it? I also thought the general rule on black cards was that they would be forcefully played as soon as you drew one?

4. Donnola

Donnola Mushroom Warrior

The KEEP rule only prevents you from discarding a card after playing it, as far as i know!

Worzarg may i suggest something? Could you make animations a little bit slower when recording? I was forced to go back and pause a couple of times in order to see which card did what :)
    Anyway great video, i really enjoyed watching it :)

5. Necrometzer

Necrometzer Mushroom Warrior

Ah...I see, I have watched it again as well and you are right. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I am just over excited to have black cards really slap you across the face.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

part 2 up and when i record next time i will slow it down a bit at least since i did click past things way too quickly

Pengw1n likes this.
  7. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

seems the AI is pretty stupid, for example when he moved instead of attacking your 2 hp wizard

8. Pengw1n

It's a matter of what cards the ai had on hand - I'm guessing it's likely he didn't have attack cards, but Wozarg will probably know.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

If he had a attack I'm pretty sure he would use it but if you give me the time where it happens i can try and be sure.

10. Pengw1n

Any chance we could get a video of opening of any mp packs or treasure hunts? Would be much obliged :)

11. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

yeah would be nice. he had an attack cause he used it on the cleric just after the wizard moved but seems he was faced the wrong way :) sorry

12. Kahar

Kahar Mushroom Warrior

Thanks again Wozarg! These are great!

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

To explain, first there's this from last year:
    Next is the keyword "Trait": my tooltip here says "You must play this card before playing any non Trait card. Playing this card does not end your turn. Draw a card." That is what forces you to play it.

And next, "Keep": "Return this card to hand or re-attach after it triggers."

Now compare:

Wimpy (color: black)
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 2.
    When you play a Melee attack, subtract 1 from that Attack.

And:

Arcane Feedback (color: black)
    At the start of each round, take 1 point of Arcane damage. Keep.

In the first case, you are required to play Wimpy as a Trait and deal with it for 2 rounds. In the second, you don't do anything: you CAN'T play Arcane Feedback. No play rules! Just read it again and see! It sits in your hand and it hurts you every round. However, if you can do anything to discard it, then you'll be fine: discarding is not in the "triggering" conditions ("At the start of each round"), so it goes away.

And this doesn't even touch how the same sort of thing is possible in Orange, giving you boosts of one sort or another. Thus can Blue Manchu do quite a variety of card effects.

14. Darkest Curse

Darkest Curse Kobold

Thanks for the videos in the original post. Thanks for all of the updates and clarifications everyone else.

15. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Part 3 up how long can i go on before someone dies you have all seen my bad plays and sketchy tactics this has to end badly right??

Pengw1n likes this.
  16. Joshua

Joshua Kobold

Great videos Wozarg. We are living vicariously through you so keep them coming if you will.

17. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

Keep it up, Wozarg.
    You're my hero.

18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Part 4 of my journey of dying slower then my bad plays deserve up now!

Pengw1n likes this.
  19. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

One more from me

Pengw1n likes this.
  20. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

The videos are, again, much appreciated. :D