Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Help the weak currently targets the party member with lowest health - even if that's full health for him/her and others are wounded. Intended design or not, is hard to say.

2. Pengw1n

This is more a item/card origin text issue , hard to say where it actually belongs - all cards on Apprentice Stoutness claims to be part of Apprentice Persisten...

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

DWiz_test1 moved.
    DWiz_test1 blasts a cone of force!
    Melbrog took 2 Arcane damage.

Force cone missing mouse-over link in battle log.

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Our newest card botscript for the wiki picked up some inconsistencies:

Handicaps
    Superstitious, Wimpy: missing Keep in card image.
    Arcane Feedback: the "cannot be played" text missing in card image.

Hybrids
    Polearm Slash: 'Armor 2' in reaction text missing underline. No idea what Armor 2 Melee stands for.

5. Pengw1n

It soaks 2 melee attack damage. Very interesting card - still should probably be underlined though.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That's interesting, because Shimmering Aura explains in full-sentence form that it only protects from Magic and Projectile Attacks.

But it does put it more in-line with Block text. (Block Melee, Block Any.)

7. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

My Impenetrable Nimbus did not prevent the damage from my own Jarring Block.

BATTLE LOG: Player=Amy,Scenario=MP Forest,Room=Lance vs Amy,RoomID=2439,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Jarring Block,TriggeringActor=Grimlee,AffectedActors=Grimlee,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forest,Room=Lance vs Amy,RoomID=2439,Msg=Grimlee, health = 33 (pi:1, gi:1, ai:0)
    Attached cards: Mass Frenzy (2) Impenetrable Nimbus (2) Immovable (2) blocks Vicious Thrust
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forest,Room=Lance vs Amy,RoomID=2439,Msg=Vicious Thrust was cancelled.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forest,Room=Lance vs Amy,RoomID=2439,Msg=Grimlee took 2 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forest,Room=Lance vs Amy,RoomID=2439,Group=Grimlee,Event=Discard,Card=Jarring Block

I'm not sure if this is because it is a block or what.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Well, this should be the right thread: Superb Pyrmancy should be Superb Pyromancy ?

9. Sir Knight

So long as we're reporting items here, I'd note that Mighty Sparkping Staff has that leftover "p" in the middle, still. In fact, a number of item name issues reported on the first page of this thread are still in the game: I know that "Adventurine" Treasures should still be called "Aventurine," and I'm unsure whether the "Onxy Candleabra" has been renamed. (Edit: I just found one, and it still has the wrong name.) But "Sparkping" is still my favorite.

(Spark! Ping!)

10. Sir Knight

Back on the card front . . . Inspirational Thinking, when in miniature in your hand, calls itself "Brill. Thought" or something like that.

11. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Yeah, it sounds cool enough that I'd kinda prefer it to be left like that :D

12. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Bad Luck / Misfortune is another one (unless it's been changed since I last checked).

13. Sir Knight

The card Fiery Breath, which I just saw on the Four-Headed Hydra, has incorrect text in the log: "Lernae breaths a gout of flames!" should be "breathes."

The hydra breathes breaths, you see.

14. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

The Sparkping staff is my favorite named item.

15. Crux

Crux Kobold

I just had Steal used on me. It went by a little too fast, so I didn't see what was stolen.
    It didn't say what was stolen in the chat box, either. I think it should. Here's the chat text:

I'm pretty sure the same problem happens when you get a card stolen with Pickpocket.
    This is a crosspost from the Tutorial bug thread.

16. Shinigami

Shinigami Kobold

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Minor card typos and inconsistencies (consolidated up to 1.22, detected by wiki card botscript)

Arcane Feedback: Data file says "cannot be played" text belongs in the effect text box. Card image does not show.
    Blind Rage: Flavor text added in 1.22. Card image doesn't show.
    Hurled Dagger: Missing Quality value.
    Icy Block: Reaction 2 Keep shows in data file. Not present in card image. Also, "duration 2" in effect text is not formatted as "Duration 2" like all other cards.
    Noxious Breath: Effect text has a typo "attached , Poison", whitespace before comma.
    Polearm Slash: 'Armor 2' in reaction text missing underline.
    Soothing Darkness: Duration text inside (), which is different from every other duration inside the text box.
    Slowed: Data file says "cannot be played" text belongs in the effect text box. Card image does not show.
    Stuck Arrow: Reaction 2 Keep shows in data file. Not present in card image.
    Superstitious: Data file indicates "keep" property, Card image does not show.
    Wimpy: Data file indicates "keep" property, Card image does not show.

18. Sir Knight

When you succeed in blocking with Icy Block, the log says "and succeeds, freeziing the attacker!" with that double "i" in "freezing."

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Fiery Breath card also missing underline under the 'Cone' keyword.

20. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

One of the wyvern attack cards does not have the battle log link, I think it was Wild Spark.