Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. sithguto

sithguto Kobold

Maybe i didnt make myself clear... my wizard used the curse, took the damage and then it was shuffled into my warrior s deck. 2 of my character s took the damage, first the initial wizard, then my warrior drew the card... and died.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There are two possible natural explanations.
    1) The curse ping-pongs between the enemy party and your party. This is how it always works, it's normal. In this case, the curse should have been shown to hit an enemy character before it was shuffled into your warrior's deck.
    2) The enemy party also had the curse on one of their items. Your warrior drew the curse coming from the enemy deck. Also in this case, the curse should have been shown to hit an enemy character before it was shuffled into your warrior's deck.

3. sithguto

sithguto Kobold

Makes sense, but was on single player and didnt see the enemy activating it... thats why i mke this post, because looks like that the card didnt went on enemy party s deck... anyway i was reporting this "bug" trying to help because didnt affect the results and i already change the iten... but thanks for all the responses and good game and luck for all.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The third possibility is your warrior also had a Traveling Curse in his deck.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

When someone uses Flame Spit, the log description calls it a Sizzling Bolt.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fixed for a future build, thanks!

7. VDZ

VDZ Kobold

When Purging Burst is used, the battle log only says '<name> purges an area', without specifying which characters were affected and what cards were discarded because of it. If you're not paying attention you'll have no idea what the Purging Burst just did.

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I noticed that when someone discards a card he dodged at the end of the round, the log entry says that the one who used it in the first place (before it was ducked) discarded it.

A purges B.
    B ducks the purge. (But discards it)
    Log says: A discarded purge.

9. Fry

Fry Ogre

Combat log text for Pickpocket seems bugged (thanks, MM #8).

[​IMG]

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Will fix.

11. UltraLoner

UltraLoner Kobold

wizardarmor.jpg

My wizard is able to equip level 6 robe being level 4.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Item level does not affect when or where you can use it. Only power tokens limit when you can use an item. You can use level 21 items on a level 1 character (if the adventure allows using yellow power tokens).

UltraLoner likes this.
  13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Thanks for sharing your concern, @UltraLoner.

@Jarmo , though the availabilty of tokens is also determined by character level.

UltraLoner and timeracers like this.
  14. UltraLoner

UltraLoner Kobold

Very useful to know when playing, thanks guys.

ParodyKnaveBob and Jarmo like this.
  15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Shrug It Off doesn't mention that it also discards your own handicaps, only mentioning enemy effects.

ParodyKnaveBob and Robauke like this.
  16. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Yeah, they changed all the purge effects, but didn't change all the wording.

17. Casual42

Casual42 Orc Soldier

18. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

19. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

A few little things.

Telekinesis' battle log says,
    <aia> *slides <ata> with <aia_herhis> mind.*​
    I know "slide" is technically true, but do you think this could be more intuitive if written as...
    <aia> *teleports <ata> with <aia_herhis> mind.*​
    ?

Polearm Slash is either unintentionally negligent toward changing language trends, or intentionally a sexist jerk. I noticed this Armor reaction text during battle:
    <tta> uses his weapon to *absorb the blow*-​
    ...should be...
    <tta> uses <aia_herhis> weapon to *absorb the blow*-​

While digging through Cards.csv to confirm what I noticed in battle, I saw that Blizzard Breath has a couple issues. First, the same negligent or jerk status for the card: $:^ P lol, second a missing space between "freezing" and clickable "breath!" .. er .. "breath!'" .. Okay, so while typing that very sentence, I noticed a third issue, a stray apostrophe. Therefore:
    <aia> blasts his freezing*breath!'*​
    ...should probably be (because I might be wrong about the significance of the apostrophe / single quotation mark)...
    <aia> blasts <aia_herhis> freezing *breath!*​
    Yes, yes, Blizkenripper is male, whatever. What happens when some poor little Dwarf Rogue manages to Duck that sucka? What about her feelings?

And finally, perhaps the least significant of all, extra spaces. There are a lot of cards with extra spaces in their texts, often after full stop periods. Every now and then, this has actually affected my searching for something (much to my surprise at the time -- and even now I'm a bit amused that such an unimportant-seeming issue would actually affect something in-game). The easiest way to demonstrate this is to load up Cards.csv and search for " " (or even " ").
    As if you didn't know the answer for webpages already. $;^ J Yep, oh, look at that, default style for HTML whitespace is "Encumber ∞." ("Whenever you Space, subtract ∞ spaces from that Space. Does not reduce spaces below 1.") That leads me to my final thought here. In case double spacing between sentences is your habit, or in case you're torn between doing it or not (hence Cards.csv showing it a lot but not always), here's some info that might influence you to only single space from now on. (I normally don't link to Wikipedia to make such points, but the article on spaces between sentences has approximately a billion references cited, and it's a nice centralized place for info -- more convenient than searching Google to find said billion references cited.) In short, printed typesetting existed for centuries without the double and triple spaces -- a convention invented due to mechanical monospace typewriters -- and even then, that convention and its affirmed necessity were both tossed by the wayside shortly thereafter, yet admittedly there are still a few stragglers to this day, hence many public school typing classes teaching the opposite of many of their contemporary sources of typesetting standards.
    On a related note, I wonder when those CH wiki folks will ever fix the Encumber keyword. $¦^ }

Magic Elves and timeracers like this.
  20. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Not to mention the Dwarf Wizard that has the card in her deck to begin with in Caverns of Chaos.