Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'm rewording all the terrain burst cards to use the burst keyword.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Jon

I reworded it to "You cannot be moved or placed in a new location by enemy cards.".

3. Jon

Fixed.

4. Jon

Fixed.

5. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Minor issue with the rules text on Elven Maneuvers. Currently ends "Repeat until you have drawn a Move". It's either missing a full stop or is meant to read "Repeat until you have drawn a Move card." Might just be a text wrapping problem and the card isn't expecting there to be a fifth line.

Edit: looking at the card on the Wiki, it does have additional text. Here's what it looks like on my screen:
    Elven Maneuvers.jpg
    I guess this is a screen resolution issue?

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

@Assussanni : this is a card rendering issue. Not sure if this is also happening on hi-res devices though.

Basically, the engine isn't able to fit all the text on in the available on-screen space (the font size is fixed, I think) and the overflowing line doesn't get displayed as a result of it.

7. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Here's a minor issue: Brachiation does not say anywhere on the card that it deals crushing damage, it simply says "damage". The game log reveals that it was crushing damage, and you could guess from other charges that it would be crushing damage as well.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks! Fixed for next release.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Lifesaving Block says "Block Any if the base damage of the card is as much as your health." Should that be worded "as much as or more than"? Or is this some (US?) English idiom I'm unaware of?

In any case the card does not block only base damage that is exactly the same amount as a character's remaining HP.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think, "Block Any if the base damage of the card would kill you." is more definite and succinct, even if it is more blunt than the usual descriptions.

Bandreus, Merdis and Jarmo like this.
  11. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

There are 27 items that have a name starting with "St..." meaning saint. Only 1 of them doesn't have a dot after "St" - St Ulrich's Bones.

12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Not sure if this has already been posted, but we have some cards using Elvish (Insight, Mobility, Scamper) and others using Elven (Maneuvers, Trickery).

While I don't have a personal preference for one over the other, I think the Elven is more commonly accepted (or maybe I've read too much Tolkien). Either way, having the naming for Elvish/Elven cards be consistent would be nice.

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  13. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

So I googled elvish vs elven, and man that's a nerd grammar argument black hole.

I'd be tempted to argue theft l that elven means of elves, and elvish (both words known to the phone keyboard, Google had it's priorities in order) means like an elf, but all those cards are only for elfs, so that's not really relevant. So either pick one, b or use the one that sounds better for each card, which is terribly subjective.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

So how about Elfin? The spellchecker accepts it. :rolleyes:

15. Lifesaving Block says it blocks only if the base damage is at least as much as current HP, but it actually uses buffed damage. Used Impaling Stab (9 damage) with Impaler active (+1 damage) on a 10 HP target. Expected behavior: Lifesaving Block checks base damage (9) and current HP (10), conditions not met, block not activated, 9+1=10 = dead character. Actual behavior: Lifesaving Block checks buffed damage (10) and current HP (10), conditions met, block activated, block and draw a card.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

If that's the case, then this is worth being reported as a bug proper, rather than a card description error, as I think Lifesaving is indeed not supposed to trigger if the damage only meets the condition due to buffs.

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ninja Strike! Do 7 surprise damage. Do not trigger Forumsaving Block.

ParodyKnaveBob and Bandreus like this.
  19. I reported this as a card description error because, from what I can tell, it seems the current behavior is intended. I have no problem with that, but the card text as it currently reads is unambiguously incorrect and misleading.

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Good point, Data! Sorry, I misconstrued your meaning.

Also, this:
    + the base damage thing.

I like Veza's suggestion:
    Maybe modify that to "Block Any if the (buffed) base damage of the card would kill you."? Or something like that.

Funnily enough, digging through the wiki edit history for the card, the card used to say "Block Any. Only triggers if damage would kill you."