Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Step attacks cannot be played at all when affected by Halt. They are hybrid Attack-Move cards, half their border is blue. They count as Move cards and cannot be played. You can't even hit a character sat next to you with a step attack. Conversely, you can protect yourself from step attacks by casting a Halt-spell on the adjacent attacker.

Kalin mentioned the two traits which might count. I didn't find any other traits like that. Not sure if the Block (which ones?) cards count as "moving yourself". Anyone tested any with Halt?

2. Forestal

Forestal Mushroom Warrior

Oops, thanks for correcting me-- the first example that came to my mind happened to be the wrong one... so yeah, Encumber/Halt/etc effects all affect Step Effects.

And racking my brain a little more this time-- I realize I was thinking of the multicolored Dodge cards ("When targeted by enemy, Move x") vs the Block cards (though there is a rare Block called Acrobatic Flip).... Halt disables the "clicking/selection" of Movement cards (as other cards with Movement effects like Step-Attacks), i.e you can't CHOOSE to play them-- but if they are "triggered" (like Dodges/Block/Traits), the game doesn't disable or check that as you "playing" a movement card.

However, I'm not sure whether/if Encumber effects will still corresponding "reduce" the movement points granted by such cards in each case-- i.e. all you can do with a movement of "0" is to change your facing on the spot...

3. taboth

taboth Kobold

Playing Cardstock II, episode 2.
    My arrogant armor did not remove the fireball burn card (stayed attached and I took damage next round). First time this happened to me with the arrogant armor.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Not a card text bug. Something seems to have changed with effects removing attachment in the patch. There's a bug report here.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The card text of Arcane Shell is misleading.
    Arcane Aura has the text "Add 2 damage to any damaging Magic card you play."
    Arcane Shell has the text "Add 1 damage to any Magic cards you play."

Even though the texts are rather different, the cards still behave the same. They add damage to damaging Magic cards, but Arcane Shell does not add it to Whirlwind Enemies, Telekinesis, Short Perplexing Ray and very probably not to any other non-damaging Magic card even though the card text states the damage is added to any Magic cards you play. Either the card text or the card function should be changed. The two cards should either both have the same wording or they should function differently.

Also, a nitpick:
    Aura: "card you play"
    Shell: "cards you play"
    Harmonize, please.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Dodge should really include the text "When targeted by an enemy attack from the front...", just like Jump Back.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

This typo still lives. As does Candleabra (Silver and Onyx) -> Candelabra and Stilletto -> Stiletto.

I've often wondered why you guys are so reluctant to correct clear typos in item names even when they're not funny or by now iconic like Sparkping.

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I have a hard time believing it's down to reluctance. It's probably just slipped through the cracks. Not sure why you'd expect there to be any hidden agendas?

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I don't expect any such thing. Seems to me these have been brought up repeatedly over a long period. Hard to figure any more it could be unintentional. Granted, it's of course still possible. I'd be very happy if they were actually corrected. Sorry about any misunderstanding. Exact tone is hard to convey succinctly in plain text, at least with my moderate abilities.

In any case, it's no biggie. Few are as bothered by typos as I am :). Just thought I'd mention them as I ran across the cloak recently and personally noticed that typo for the first time.

Pengw1n likes this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

For months I've been meaning to post about that (also the Mantle Of Insinct).

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Maybe Insinct is some jumpy Cardhuntrian wizard?

But seriously folks, sparkping and sorcerery are enough. Let's not create any more of their ilk. The joke is wearing thin like Insinct's boot soles from all the twitching.

12. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Super Team Heal doesn't appear to have the Heal keyword - it didn't trigger the Talented Healer cantrip power when used by Cardotron in MP

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

:(

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Hey Flax, what I said doesn't mean I think "sorcerery" is bad. It means that I'm suggesting to preserve the special shine of "sorcerery" and to keep it's unique value by not diluting it with a bunch of weak imitators.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes I'm just being silly -- carry on!

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There's a typo in the name of Lusterous Pearl. It should be "Lustrous Pearl".

18. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Oh yeah, before this sneaks into the actual game: "Barrirer of Illusion" should be "Barrier of Illusion".

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

ParodyKnaveBob and neoncat like this.
  20. NerdHerder

NerdHerder Kobold

On the card Enervating Touch it says "For each point of damage this attack deals, Heal 1." but on Invigorating Touch is says: "For each point of damage this Attack does, Heal 1 to yourself. The other drain attacks use the Enervating Touch wording, didn't know if there was a reason for the text on Invigorating Touch, but seemed worth pointing out.