Card Synergies and tips

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Bandreus, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Yes, I somewhat agree. It always worked like that that much I've always been aware of. I only find it strange that the positive secondary-effects not being trigger-able by the same player doesn't apply here, while it does in almost every other similar instance.

Anyway, not a problem until someone ever finds a way to abuse it, I suppose.

2. UpstartPuppet

UpstartPuppet War Monkey

In SP, Savage Curse + Impenetrable Nimbus = No more natural resistances like Amorphous Body or Only Bones

I'll admit it's highly situational, but it was the only way I could kill one of the skeletons in Temple of Scales earlier this evening.
    My nimbus'd stab elf just laughed as the skeleton savagely divested himself of his invulnerability to my weapon. I suppose Toughness would work too. I mean, if he wasn't an elf.

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yeah, I even use Savage Curse without nimbus all the time in SP Firestorm farming / Loot Fairy hunting to remove Resistant Hides from Festering Zombies when I can't be bothered to pack any armor removal (which is almost all the time). I just march a merry victim in harm's way to let the zombie strip (ewww!)

Sir Veza and UpstartPuppet like this.
  4. UpstartPuppet

UpstartPuppet War Monkey

So this is a weird one, and I found it entirely by accident.

Defensiveness + Demonic Revenge =

[​IMG]

So, that damage is not quite unpreventable...

5. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Great find! Yeah it is a weird one, but an interesting one indeed.

As an afterthought, it looks only natural that things might go that way (Demonic Revenge is a Magic card, after all). Although I wouldn't ever have thought this combination of effects could have happened.

Theoretically, the same scenario should happen when triggering the secondary effect of handicap cards like Unstable Bolt, Arcane Feedback and Demonic Miasma.

UpstartPuppet likes this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Probably not —playing and triggering are very different in the game.

ParodyKnaveBob and Bandreus like this.
  7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Still, its a bit weird that a caster could mess the demonic revenge up, the name implies that the damage is unavoidable, inflicted by outside forces. Loose lore wont keep me from taking this out for a ride in mp, though.

8. Accent

Accent Hydra

Really? I never see Defensiveness, outside of Quick Draw.

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Untrained Piety is a solid 3 trait choice for a puppeteer priest or even one who hangs around at the front a bit, i see it every now and then and ran it in the past.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

That's what I use on my support priest. It works great, Defensiveness doesn't come up all too often, given you only have 1 copy in the deck, and even when it does it only lasts a couple turns and on a support character who usually stays in the back is rarely too big of an issue.

11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

yeah, this time I feel its wrong though, shouldn't be.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I initially reported it as a bug, but Jon said it was working properly.

14. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I just cast Path Of Knives over an opponent who was wearing a Sparkling Cloth Armor in Quick Draw. Then I applied some damage and watched how he jumped back and forth before realising to stay put. It was quite hilarious! :D

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

ParodyKnaveBob and Pawndawan like this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Talking about card synergies once you are hit with Path Of Knives: Say you got Jump Back in your build - You will have to spend Jump Back, cleanse the Path of Knives or accept the new price tag of up to 4 damage for a sucessful evasion.
    It is likely that they will throw any red card they got at you - even a misguided heal or bad luck can trigger the jump.

Jump Back also has a mild synergy with Slowed, Heavy Armor, Ill-Fitting Armor, Soothing Darkness and Demonic Miasma, they encumber 1, and moving back only 1 instead of 2 can be desireable to maintain step and stabbing range.

EDIT: Jump Back also has a weird interaction with hypnobeacon that is not totally intuitive in my books. Its "jump anywhere" as i experienced it, even 2 squares sideways while facing remains forward.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.
  17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Your own Barge + your enemies Sparkling Cloth Armor.
    If you hit an enemy with barge, the damage lets him move immediately. Once hes done, you may move him right back with the effect of barge.

In a stroke of pure luck, i just killed a full health dwarf wizard that had a sparkling hidden - opening with a savaged cursed barge followed by a pulverizing blugeon.

This might be opportunity to mention other stuff that can be done with barge - you can turn enemies on the spot, say a character that has only Lifesaving Block or Bloodied Block in hand - or any block you want to trigger, but it fails on that barge. Thats your chance to get the next attack in as well.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  18. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Same goes for Gusts of War and Winds of War too if they deal any damage.

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Though the process is far less relevant in a defensive non-melee context. You wanted to control, you get to control. Sparkling as offensive asset fails to provide a counter to it, allows to maintain the overall distance at most. You can take away that a gust or wind makes a good test for sparkling cloth armor if you got a warrior closing in.

BawlingBrawler likes this.
  20. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge