Card Synergies and tips

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Bandreus, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Gusts Of War + Ready To Strike, Muscle Through + Ready To Strike

Ready to Strike is a static, defensive card, right? They have to come to you, right?
    Nope.
    With gust you should be able to move your Strike-Warrior next to a target and then immdiately move that target. Just mind the order you choose targets.
    Muscle through allows your Strike-Warrior to close the distance to one or even more enemies and immediately deal strike damage.

PULSEFIRE, Sir Veza and Maniafig like this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Add Violent Spin - Take multiple enemies that have teamed up on you, keep them next to you (triggering RtS) and then run away = multi-hit + escape.

Reint, PULSEFIRE and Sir Veza like this.
  3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

This was precisely my build for the new map 1.

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Here a few more synergies worth mentioning.

Medium's Garb gives you cards you wouldn't otherwise be able to use. I've seen at least one player very patiently try to use the duration 2 card Unholy Curse with Jim's Magic Missile, you can imagine the imposing results on unarmored targets. The fire that comes with the twins does profit from it as well.
    Pairing Garb with Blind Rage can get you in trouble, since you'll most likely end up paying 3 hp for a card.

Slowed triggers Vanguard. Time to dust off that Staff Of Chask.

Should be a no brainer, better dont pair Antimagic Skin with Unholy Energy. You'll get 1 card back at most. The armor will trigger itself and purge you and your priest. But maybe a timed purge for two is exactly what you want? Can't see a use for it at the moment. You may however cast Accelerated Thought, the damage will lead to a purge before the card gets attached. When you thought about pairing antimagic skin and Spark Of Undeath, don't, youll get zombified after damage and will get only zombie form cards.

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Goodwin

Goodwin Goblin Champion

elven maneauvers + dynamic armor= OHHHH YEAAAAA

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Maniafig, ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Robauke and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I wonder if it'd affect anything that changes your facing... like cone attacks?

10. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

It is not really a move since you can't draw it from elven maneuvers but as with sweeping smash in ogre bruiser's deck, berserk spin triggers rts.

In addition, hpyno beacon randomizes the face-changing of ogre bruisers when they play sweeping smash, therefore you can get them to hit each other using that. I am guessing hypno also randomizes the face-changing on berserk spin since it is the same mechanism.

Changing facing for cone attack won't trigger rts - btw don't we change facing for all attacks alike? However (somewhat) regarding cone attacks and rts: The robots in metallic monstrocity use charge-up to get their coney laser barrage attack. Charge-up is a move card and therefore will trigger ready to strike. Hypno will randomize the face-changing during charge-up and since they can't change facing for laser barrage itself, you can possibly get them to hit each other using this strategy.

Robauke and Sir Veza like this.
  11. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

If you have martyr on and your attack gets reflected by reflecting block, you will not draw from martyr. The damage counts as your attack's damage and not reflecting block's.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  12. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

If you have warp run in hand and wind dancer on you, you will make the unreliable before you get purged when you move with warp. In addition, warp run changes the facing of the opponent chars that are next to you at the start of the move, towards your destination square... a unique way of bypassing blocks (if I am not missing any other such move cards).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and tolkien like this.
  13. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

Superstitious and abt to empty the superstitious char's hand with cantrip.

Force field and superstitious, to be able to have some defence on the superstitious char after discarding his hand.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  14. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

Pathfinding and hide strips to heal via hide strips discards while searching for those move cards in the deck when you cast pathfind. If you have 2 heal dashes and 3 hide strips on your elf warrior, you can heal 6+4+4 with one pathfinding if you are a little lucky.

Elven maneuvers also heals via hide strips discards when searching for moves.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

ParodyKnaveBob, tolkien and Sir Veza like this.
  16. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

Wimpy and all out attack. I often find myself trying to fit in a single blue weapon into an all out build; rotting club is one of the best choices for that, I found. My logic is: there is no good single blue weapon that gives a big enough attack to use aoa with, therefore it makes sense to cycle from that slot. Those helmets with wimpy aren't too bad, either.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

Some cards that lose value when used in pair: Bless + hover, you will not draw from bless if you have hover on you; so don't be using robe of lightness or cape of dark magic or advanced levitation on your power-bless builds.

Illusory barrier / smoke bomb / rad spray (anything that can get rid of difficult terrain)+ hover, you will run into the hidden difficult terrains under those attachments if you have hover on, because hover makes you ignore attachments but not natural terrain (meaning it'll make you ignore smoke but not the natural difficult terrain under it).

18. gurel2

gurel2 War Monkey

Robauke likes this.