Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Gorknor's Blessing
    Boost/Handicap
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Melee Frenzy 6. Duration 1. If you deal damage to another character, remove this attachment and put it on the top of your deck.
    At the start of each round, if this card expires this round, you take 4 unpreventable Unholy damage.
    "The followers of Joleph and Gorknor used to have long theological debates whether it is technically a blessing or a curse. Eventually, arguments turned into violence, with rather predictable results. Now it is called a blessing."

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Looks like a Boost|Handicap hybrid to me, @Frostguard! $:^ }

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Prehensile Tail
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Draw a card at the beginning of the turn. All your cards gain Free Action. Duration 3.

I thought I was shaking his hand and then I realized, that's not his hand and then I realized he was shaking me.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Pack Mule
    Boost/armor
    Armor 1. All your cards gain Free Card.

Roses are Red. Violets are Brass. If you've too much to carry, get a pack....mule.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  5. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Thanks for the reminder, @ParodyKnaveBob - corrected.

In the meanwhile, another, admittedly wacky one:

Arcane Conduit
    Assist, Magic Arcane, Range 4
    Attach to target ally. When you play a Magic card, you may measure range and draw line of sight from the character this card is attached to. Duration 2.
    "Some might think that being a channel for your spells is not what 'glorious destiny' stands for. They're wrong."

Might deal damage to target for each card being cast through them, I don't know. It was a sudden idea. I guess it could work as a terrain attachment, Spell Beacon or something.

ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Flee
    Move 2. Free Move. increase your move by 2 if you start your move next to an opponent.

7. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Retribution
    Attack, Melee Holy, Damage 2, Range 1
    When this card does damage, increase its damage by 6 for each dead party member you have.
    "Evildoers always meet justice eventually, but sometimes you just don't want to wait."
    Note: Damage type was just a random decision that felt thematic to me.

Blessing of the Vengeful
    Assist, Melee Holy
    Attach to all allies (including you). Whenever a character with this card attached deals damage, add 3 to that damage for each dead party member they have. Duration 2.
    "Do not look down on those who have the will but lack the power to avenge their fallen. Vengeance is sacred."

Survival Instinct
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Add 1 to all your die rolls as long as you're below half health. Duration 3.
    "You'd be surprised at how well you can dodge if you know the next strike is going to kill you."

tolkien, ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.
  8. Goodwin

Goodwin Orc Soldier

Zap, soldier! -- same as attack/block soldier except creates a "zap" card
    Heal, soldier! -- see above
    Bare skin -- handicap, attach to self, duration 2. Your armor cards do not trigger.
    Shieldless -- handicap, attach to self, duration 2. Your block cards do not trigger.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    ParodyKnaveBob and winner like this.
  9. Goodwin

Goodwin Orc Soldier

this is way too overpowered, even as green. I'm not even sure it'd be fair as a purple quality card...

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Goodwin, it's very powerful, but notice the armor 1 doesn't roll and isn't keep so as soon as you get hit...your pack mule runs away.

ParodyKnaveBob and WexMajor like this.
  11. WexMajor

WexMajor Hydra

Ok, now some monster cards.

Aura of pain

Boost
    Duration 4
    At the beginning of your turn, all enemies within 3 squares from you recieve 2 Penetrating psychic damage

Acidborn

Boost
    Duration 4
    Immunity to acid. When you take damage, a random square within 2 squares becomes Acid Terrain.

Firetrail

Move 4, move only in a straight line.
    Immunity to fire. When you move, create Fire Terrain on all squares you moved.

Icebranded

Boost
    Duration 4
    At the beginning of your turn, all enemes within 3 squares from you recieve 2 cold damage and Shivering card (encumber 2 - duration 1)

12. Goodwin

Goodwin Orc Soldier

Easy Block
    1+ Block any attack from one range. (will block step attacks)

New beginning
    Golden quality
    discard all the cards in your hand, then draw as many cards as you discarded

got this idea to being the opposite of Resurrect
    Decimate
    Gold quality
    Range 5 magic projectile
    You can only play this if you have 5 or more cards in your hand. Discard all the cards in your hand, then reduce the target's health to 5.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:37 AM
    tolkien likes this.
  13. WexMajor

WexMajor Hydra

Favourite Weapon

Melee attack - Type slashing
    Damage 5 - Range 1

This card is discarded on the top of the draw pile. Free Card.

Whim of the Gods

Magic assist - Type holy
    Range 4
    Heal special (roll one dice)

If this card is discarded, draw a card.

14. Goodwin

Goodwin Orc Soldier

fave weapon isn't very well described, it gives the illusion that you will never ever be able to put it in your hand, since if it is on the top of the draw pile, it will be discarded.