Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Could we try burst 1, and no damage? My reasons:
    1) caltrops never deal damage when initially thrown (in d&d settings)
    2) if we assume each square is 3 to 5 feet, that's a LOT of caltrops.
    3) helmet attack, how'd you have that many spikes on your head?!
    4) helms shouldn't have attacks that strong

As a side note, I think it'd make a better projectile, not melee, as you're throwing them......doing a Parry to thrown caltrops would not make sense.

2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@peonprop I only included the card picture as a graphic. I intended to make an entirely new card that only put the spiked terrain under the character, 1 square. I repeat: only 1 square underneath the character.
    Also card quality I think should be paper or black.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

In that case, you're doing 6 damage to yourself to avoid 8 damage from lava terrain. Warriors also don't have many good ways of getting people on to specific squares so it's kind of terrible if the terrain isn't targeted.

4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I can fit at least 6 barges on a warrior, not including helmet. Then you have violent spin, disorienting block, and pushback parry. Human warriors can also use "Jump, soldier." So I'd say, warriors have a fair amount. What they have nothing of, is terrain.

5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Energizing Armor:
    Armor 2. Keep. 3+
    When you roll a die for Erratic Damage, add 2 to it. (Keep)
    Suggested as a Silver+(7, B+)
    Armor, Boost.

Maniafig and seth arue like this.
  6. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

I think Chops are a bit underplayed, because positioning is tricky to get the max out of it. That is the reason why there could be a Shifty Chop.

Shifty Chop
    Step 1. Choose up to two different targets for this attack. Damage 5
    Suggested as Silver (normal 5 damage chop is bronce, viscious thrust is silver)

Or for the ninja chopper:

Nimble Ninja Chop
    Step 2. Fly. Choose up to two different targets for this attack. Damage 2 (unsure about that... 3??)
    Suggested as Silver

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  7. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

About the Caltrop idea. I'm not sure about whether the warriors need to have something to interract with terrain, but I dont think a card that creates spiked terrain under your feet is that good. First because nobody would want to stab their own feet. Then because I think caltrops are meant to prevent someone from running after you and there are few configurations where trapping one square would do that.
    May I suggest a "Cone 1, target unoccupied squares become spiked terrain" instead?

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Also Chop is not Bronze, it is Bronze+(4, C+)!
    Nimble Chop should be more like Gold-(8, A-).

haesslicherBob likes this.
  9. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

Ooops, seems like that idea was posted before :rolleyes: I admit, i did not browse through the whole thread.

Good remarks, timeracers! I think Nimble Ninja Chop should be one point higher than Nimble Strike. Is there a list available to check the "+" and "-" values (obviously you found such a list :D)...

Another group of attacks I would like to see on warriors: Bullwhips

Bullwhip
    Linear.
    Range: 2

Damage: X

Damage X could be 5 (?) for the "ordinary" bullwhip. Analogous to chops, bludgeons or similiar attack families there could be several tiers of bullwhips: weak bullwhip (damage: 2), strong bullwhip (damage: 5+y), ...
    The card quality should obviously be higher than a corresponding stab.

Let us assume 5 damage: I guess Tricky Stab (damage: 5) is bronze+. Although there is no hard to block on bullwhip, it should be at least Silver I think. Maybe +2 in comparision to a plain stab with the same damage?

This Card could enhance the importance of positioning. It functions like a stab with some probability of hitting more than one target. Sidenote: It would even be possible to hit 3 characters, but that is quite unlikely.

tolkien likes this.
  10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You can find the + or - values and well pretty much anything about the cards here but it is hard to read. Nimble Chop isn't too strong by itself, but with chopper and frenzy this could be doing tons of damage(blind rage + mass frenzy + chopper = 7 damage(2+2+2+1) nimble chop for a total of 14 damage while nimble strike would only do 8(4+2+2+0))

11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Careless Dodge:
    Move 3. If you end this Move adjacent to blocking terrain, take 4 melee crushing damage.
    When targeted by an enemy attack from the front, Move 1. If you end this Move adjacent to blocking terrain and moved at least 1, take 4 melee crushing damage. Keep. 4+
    Suggested as a Bronze=(3, C) card
    Move, Boost.

12. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I thought of this while lying in bed this morning.

Punishing Cannon
    Damage: 2 Range: 5
    Attack, Arcane
    Desc: Slide Back 1 When this card slides a character back, increase the tiles it slides back by 1 for each card in target's hand.
    Flavour Text: The heaver your burden the further you will fly!

13. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Gracious Heal
    Holy Magic
    Range: 8
    Heal 10. You may not target yourself with this card.
    All better?

14. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Rally, Team!
    Assist, Rare, Gold?
    Projectile Sonic, range 4
    Target Square. Every ally, including you, Move 3. They must move closer to the target.

Gyroscopic Block
    Block+Handicap, Bronze
    Block any, Roll 3+
    Passive: Your facing does not change. (You may still move freely)

Bloodmail
    Armor+Handicap, Rare, Silver, for Divine Armors
    Armor 3, Keep. (no roll)
    If this armor reduces any damage to 0, you take 5 unpreventable Unholy damage.
    This armor is alive and feeds on its wearer's blood

Grab Blade
    Block
    Block Melee, Roll 3+. The attacker discard their oldest card. You discard your oldest card.
    Fine, you've caught my axe. Now what? You stare me to death?

Redemption
    Boost+Handicap, for priests
    Trait. Attach to yourself. Duration 2.
    Whenever you deal damage to someone, heal them as much afterwards.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  15. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Pretty sure that some of the following 10 are better suited as enemy-only cards rather than universal cards, but, here they are, anyway.

Flimsy Barrier

White card.
    Holy Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 4. For every point of damage that the user takes, that damage is blocked and is instead subtracted from the duration of this card.

Weak Barrier
    White card
    Holy Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 6. For every point of damage that the user takes, that damage is blocked and is instead subtracted from the duration of this card.

Barrier
    White card
    Holy Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 8. For every point of damage that the user takes, that damage is blocked and is instead subtracted from the duration of this card.

Solid Barrier
    White card
    Holy Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 10. For every point of damage that the user takes, that damage is blocked and is instead subtracted from the duration of this card.

Strong Barrier

White card
    Holy Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 12. For every point of damage that the user takes, that damage is blocked and is instead subtracted from the duration of this card.

Flimsy Aura
    White card
    Arcane Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 2. If an attack card whose base damage is 3 or less attacks the user, this card fully blocks that damage and the user keeps. If the base damage is 4 or more, discard this card before doing damage.

Weak Aura
    White card
    Arcane Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 2. If an attack card whose base damage is 4 or less attacks the user, this card fully blocks that damage and the user keeps. If the base damage is 5 or more, discard this card before doing damage.

Aura

White card
    Arcane Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 2. If an attack card whose base damage is 5 or less attacks the user, this card fully blocks that damage and the user keeps. If the base damage is 6 or more, discard this card before doing damage.

Solid Aura

White card
    Arcane Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 2. If an attack card whose base damage is 6 or less attacks the user, this card fully blocks that damage and the user keeps. If the base damage is 7 or more, discard this card before doing damage.

Strong Aura

White card
    Arcane Magic
    Attach to self. Duration 2. If an attack card whose base damage is 7 or less attacks the user, this card fully blocks that damage and the user keeps. If the base damage is 8 or more, discard this card before doing damage.

16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

So I was reading the last post:
    "Oh yeah right name a card with duration 4"
    "This is way too long"
    "Um.... no?"
    At this point I skipped ahead
    "NO!!!, what next duration 20?"
    :eek:

17. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Energizer Bunny much?....:eek:

18. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Don't misunderstand, fellas; there are NOT Force Fields. It says "For every point of damage that the user takes, that damage is blocked and is instead subtracted from the duration of this card", meaning that if a Bludgeon hits a char with Strong Barrier attached, the Duration falls from 12 to 8, instantly.

They're supposed to be barriers that protect you from a certain amount of total damage, in other words. :p

19. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Still stronger than any existing armor, is my thought**

20. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Nah, 'cause Armor can't be Purged. :p