Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

When Hex of Dissolution showed up, one of my first thoughts was that the name is oddly specific; in a way that it implied (to me) that other hexes might exist. I'm not particularly creative, but I had a few ideas about those.

Hex of Immolation
    Attack, Magic Fire, Damage 3, Range 6
    Trigger all burning cards. This attack deals one more damage for each burning cards triggered.

Hex of Glaciation
    Attack, Magic Cold, Damage 3, Range 6
    Deal one more damage for each encumber card attached.

Similarly, Controlled Overswing made me think that other overswings might exist.

Reckless Overswing
    Attack, Melee Crushing, Damage 10, Range 1
    Attach this card to yourself. You may not block. Duration 1.

I'm sure I've mentioned that while Altruism is there for priests focused on holy cards and Talented Healer works well for vampires, unholy buffing cards get no such support. Some more ideas for that:

Demonic Blade
    Attack, Melee Unholy, Damage 2, Range 1
    Deal one more point of damage for each Unholy card attached.

Possessed Weapon
    Boost
    Trait. Attacks you play deal one more damage for each Unholy card attached to you. Duration 2.

2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I like the train of thought:

Unholy Pact
    Boost
    Trait. Add 1 damage to any unholy attack. You take 1 unpreventable damage. Duration 3.

Horns of the Demon
    Hybrid boost/attack
    Add 1 damage to any unholy attack you play.

Melee crushing. 1 damage. Range 6. Halt. Attach to target. Duration 1.

wereviper and WexMajor like this.
  3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Mind Knife Curse

Magic attack - Type psychic
    Damage 2 Penetrating - Range 4
    Attach to target - Duration 2
    Anytime attached character plays a card different from a move card, recieves 1 unpreventable psychic damage

4. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

^^^^^ Psychic Damage, even if it is intial, is usually Unpreventable, perhaps you should change that?

wereviper likes this.
  5. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

No, the first attack comes from outside. It is psychic, but it's from an external source. Penetrating works.

6. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Cherubim's Blessing
    Magic holy
    Heal 1.
    At the beginning of the turn destroy this card, create a Elohim's Blessing card in your hand.
    Range 1.

Elohim's Blessing

Magic Holy
    Heal 4.
    At the beginning of the turn destroy this card, create a Malakim's Blessing card in your hand.
    Range 4.

Malakim's Blessing

Magic Holy
    Heal 7.
    At the beginning of the turn destroy this card, create a Seraphim's Blessing card in your hand.
    Range 7.

Seraphim's Blessing

Magic Holy
    Heal 10
    Range 10

wereviper, tolkien, Maniafig and 2 others like this.
  7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Two things: Firstly, learn to spell and use proper grammar. I had a hard time trying to read your card with the amount of mistakes you made. Secondly, cards have restrictions, and this surpasses the max components (5) by a long shot. Also the text is too long to fit on the card. Don't ask about components to me, I only know about it due to the live card database.

8. Valadilene

Valadilene Lizardman Priest

Dimensional Door

Magic arcane, range 6.

Summon a Reinforced Door (10 hp) as an ally at target location. The door starts with 2 cards (Immobile and Solid Wood) and takes 5 unpreventable damage every turn.

The door is a minion, does not count as a character on Victory Squares, nor does it give Victory Points on death.

ParodyKnaveBob and PicnicpieTP like this.
  9. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Skilled Bastion

Trait, Martial

Add 1 to every block roll you play.

Duration 3

It's not the shield, it's how well you use it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  10. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

There actually more overswings, but only one more: Violent Overswing.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. trrst

trrst War Monkey

(Just for Fun :p)

[​IMG]

12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Love the idea, all that's needed is the option to have multiple mounts. :p

[​IMG]

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Yes! I was thinking along similar lines. But I was thinking the mount would be another "monster" on the map who would have two types of cards: gentle or wild, and a move card. This way, such a feature would only be included on a map that makes sense.
    For instance, a black charger would be on a monster base, in a stable perhaps, and could be walked up to.

Monster mount cards:
    Gentle: if an opponent moves next to you transform. (Transform: remove character from the board and replace unmounted monster costume with appropriate mounted costume on the monster's place.) At the beginning of the round draw the monster's racial move instead, and draw an additional monster card. (Or draw one card from your deck and one from the monster's.) If targeted by an opponent move or push card remove the monster and replace the character.
    If a creature were wild, it could have ready to strike and panic in its initial deck.
    The main problem with this is the nine art forms required for each mount. (18 if one includes front and back.) Perhaps the art could be done more easily if the mount was thought of as two pieces of cardstock that a figure was slid into.

ParodyKnaveBob and wereviper like this.
  14. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Today I thought about forms, and had a few ideas for gold-quality werewolf cards (or somewhere in that ballpark). I'm not sure these would be good or balanced at all, really, they're just ideas.

Devour
    Attack, melee piercing, damage 10, range 1
    Penetrating. If this attack kills the target, you heal 3.

Pounce
    Attack, melee slashing, damage 8, range 1
    Step 1. Hard to block 2.

Maul
    Attack, melee slashing, damage 10, range 1
    Attach to target. Encumber 1. Melee attacks played by the target deal two points fewer damage. Duration 2.

wereviper and timeracers like this.
  15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

∆ sounds nasty. They all fit werewolves perfectly. Maybe debuff howl by removing the heal and add your healing suggestion to vicious bite.

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think they about fairly balanced for gold (they should be about AA-, A, and A+ respectively). Obviously werewolf doesn't need a buff at the moment, and since the average card of the werewolf's card pool value is less then gold (A) it would be buffing werewolf by adding any of them to it's card pool.

ParodyKnaveBob and wereviper like this.
  17. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to imply that werewolves need a buff, or that I'd want any of these cards added to their pool. I was just thinking that werewolves only have All-out Attack as a gold-quality attack card, which is something people mostly use for its boost component, so I was wondering what proper attacks they could have. A mental exercise, if you will, nothing more.

Thanks, by the way, for the feedback! Regarding the buff given to Vicious Bite, it's at bronze currently, and deals one point more damage than Perforating Strike, which is bronze+, so with an added effect it'd definitely need to be at least silver-... I guess. I'm never sure about the exact rules.

18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@timeracers certainly, werewolves are the last to neef a buff.
    I was just thinking about how to buff vampire's kiss... The only reason i include it in a build is for armor removal. But one pays a price by allowing a non-healer to heal on average.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Though vampire's kiss should have some good synergy with revealing the enemy's hand (hint inq bolt or elven insight).

20. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Or you can buff vampires with other cards...

Vampiric Charm

Projectile assist - Type psychic
    Range 2
    Attach to target - Duration 1
    Stun

Shadowstep

Move card - Move 2
    Free move, Cantrip

Jugular Bite

Melee attack - Type piercing
    Damage 8 - Range 1
    For every damage this card does, you Heal 1
    Attach to target - Duration 2
    Target cannot gain HP

Vitae Steal

Trait - Duration 2
    Everytime you heal from an attack that has an Heal in the description, you Heal 2 per damage inflicted.

wereviper and tolkien like this.