Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Here's one for the football fans:

Tackle
    Hybrid Attack-Move
    If enemy is in front of you, deal 3 damage then side 3 enemy then you move 2.

2. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Came Back Haunted
    Assist/Handicap
    Restore a random dead Ally to life. That character has 5 Health. Place that character randomly on the board then attach Fright card. You do not score victory points for killing characters brought back this way.

3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Master Necromancer

Trait
    Every time a character dies, restore it to life. It has 8 HP and a Zombie Form attached. Everytime the Zombie Form is discarded, attach another Zombie Form.
    Duration 4

wereviper likes this.
  4. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I like your card idea better than mine! Good job!

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Tantrum
    Type: attack
    Quality: paper
    Slot: warrior
    Trait. Deal 5 damage to a random adjacent character.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Moment of mercy
    Type: assist
    Tar quality
    Divine weapon slot
    Trait. Heal 5 opponent with the least amount of health. Ties will be resolved randomly. Unblockable.

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Surrender
    Utility
    Tar quality
    Arcane item slot
    Trait. Push teleport closest enemy onto a random unoccupied victory square. If there are no victory squares or no unoccupied victory squares push teleport closest enemy onto a random adjacent square

8. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

Werewolf Charge
    Boost, warrior card. When you play a non-step move card, move at least 2, and move in a straight line, attach a lycanthropic card and attach it to you, draw a card.

Monster Hunter

Boost, warrior card. When dealing damage to a character with a form card attached, deal 3 extra damage.

Multi-Bash
    Attack, melee crushing, 3 damage, 1 range, warrior card. Slide Back 1, affects all adjacent enemies.

Final Spirit
    Boost, wizard card. When this character would be killed, set it's health to 1, create an ethereal form card and attach it to yourself.

Silver Storm
    Attack/Armor, magic silver, 1 damage, 6 range, wizard card. 1.Cone, at the end of the round, deal 2 damage to all adjacent characters. 2. Armor 1 (Roll 4+).

Force Wall
    Utility, range 1, magic arcane, wizard card. Cone, Slide Back 1, affected squares become force terrain (Stop, attacks that go through this terrain deal 5 less damage, characters that end their move on this terrain take 4 damage and move 1 randomly. Duration 2.).

Taste Of Blood
    Boost, priest card. When you deal damage, attach a vampiric card and attach it to yourself, also attach to yourself: Frenzy 2. Duration 1.

Purity Aura
    Assist, magic silver, priest card. Attach to yourself: Whenever a character within 2 squares has a form card attached, discard it, deal 3 silver damage to that character, and all other characters within 3 squares of you heal 3. Duration 2.

Mystery Soup
    Attack/Assist, 1 damage, 6 range magic unholy, priest card. When this card deals damage, roll a dice and add that much damage, attach 3 random boost or handicap cards to the target, after this card deals damage, target heals 5.

wereviper likes this.
  9. PicnicpieTP

PicnicpieTP Kobold

Pinball Orb
    Attack, 4 damage crushing, 4 range, projectile, wizard card. Choose up to 3 targets for this attack. Each target must be within 3 squares of another.

"There's got to be a twist"

Perfidy
    Assist, human, priest card. Discard all the card in your hand. Draw 3 cards.

wereviper likes this.
  10. You could say Major Erratic Damage for even more mystery!

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Super4011
    -werewolf charge: I don't think we have a high enough quality for this card. It's drawing two cards every move. It's super hard to get rid of as a straight boost and you can't always attach lycanthropic cards.
    -monster hunter: When you say boost, do you mean boost trait or just boost? This card again is very powerful.
    -multi-bash: interesting and something that's been suggested in different forms on this forum before.
    -final spirit: should be a block instead of a boost. Otherwise, this is my favorite of your suggestions because thematically it has a story to it that makes sense.
    -silver storm: this card does too much. I like the silver cone part. The armor part however doesn't make sense to me. It would have to be attached to self to do what you want at the end of the round, but those effects don't make sense either. Notice also that your armor doesn't have the keep word. Was the armor intended to be an aspect of when it was attached? I'd split this out into two or three cards.
    -force wall: does a ton of complicated stuff. I love your idea of a cone terrain placement at range 1 though. I hadn't ever thought of that. But I would replace the terrain with illusionary terrain. Otherwise you have basically a triple laser/hypnotic/stone spikes beacon which would again be way too powerful even for amethyst
    -taste of blood: I think you mean, attach vampiric form to yourself. You can't attach all of the vampire cards to yourself that doesn't make sense. How about: When you deal damage draw a vampire card and attach righteous frenzy to yourself.
    -Purity aura doesn't make sense quite either. It's an assist card with duration 2. How about: Discard all form attachments in your square and all adjacent squares. Heal 3 all characters in those squares.
    -Mystery soup: does too much. How about: Attach a random boost card and a random handicap card.

wereviper, WexMajor and Potato Priest like this.
  12. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Implosion

Magic attack - Type arcane
    Range 5 - Damage 4
    Burst 1, Hard to block 1
    All characters move 1 square towards the targeted square

13. I love it. Awesome card.

wereviper likes this.
  14. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

I agree with you. Just some possible changes to my original ideas:
    Werewolf Charge: Remove the draw a card, it was meant to be discarded after triggering.
    Monster Hunter: Also meant to be discarded after triggering.
    Multi-Bash: No changes (Maybe add one to blocks)
    Final Spirit: Block instead of boost (I originally made it a boost because I though it would be too similar to Lifesaving Block
    Silver Storm: Make it just the silver cone (Maybe increase the damage by 1)
    Force Wall: I like your suggestion.
    Taste Of Blood: That is what I meant and I like your idea (Though it seems powerful when Talented Healer is attached)
    Purity Aura: I like your suggestion.
    Mystery Soup: I like your suggestion (Maybe add Heal 3).

wereviper and tolkien like this.
  15. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Guardian Angel
    Type: Block
    Quality: Silver?

Block any 6+. Keep. Free Card. This card is not affected by effects that alter die rolls.

She will come to your rescue...if she feels like it.

16. I'd add the following term: This card is not affected by effects that alter die rolls. I don't think an angel would have any qualms about saving you from a feinting or unnerving strike, or from lightning.

tolkien, wereviper, WexMajor and 2 others like this.
  17. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Stoneskin

Magic assist - Type arcane
    Range 6 - Duration 2
    Armor 4, Keep.
    Encumber 2

trrst, wereviper and Potato Priest like this.
  18. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Duality

Magic assist - Type holy
    Range 6
    Attach a random boost/handicap to yourself. Allies within 6 squares Heal 3.

Dragon's Rage

Boost
    Range 1
    Add Fly to move cards plus add 2 Fire damage to fire attacks. Duration 2.

Advantage

Assist?
    When you make an unsuccessful block or armor roll, roll once more. Keep. Duration 2.

Edit: Thanks for the proper name, @Potato Priest

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Potato Priest likes this.
  19. Maybe you could just call it Advantage as per D&D.

tolkien likes this.
  20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Turn to Frog
    Magic attack arcane range 4
    Arcane skill or armor only
    Attach to target duration 2
    Whenever target would draw a card draw a Frog card instead.
    Frog cards:
    Leap
    Tongue lash
    Tongue grab
    Jump back
    Wimpy
    Squishy
    Slowed

trrst, Super4011, wereviper and 3 others like this.