Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Target: Locked On
    Boost
    Roll +3. On succesfull roll, one attack gains Unblockable and Pentrating. If roll is unsuccesfull, discard all attack cards in hand.

2. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

@tolkien, how bout this for its twin?

Found
    Type: hybrid utility/drawback
    quality: black
    item slot: arcane item/staff

Place yourself on a random square within two squares. Set your facing to nearest character.

3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Mirror Polished Armor

Armor 2 Roll 4+ Keep
    When targeted by magic, apply the effect on the attacker Roll 4+

Potato Priest, Maniafig and wereviper like this.
  4. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Dragon Mail
    Armor 2 Roll 3+ Keep
    If this Armor prevents damage from a Melee Attack, the attacker takes 2 Fire damage.

Glacier Mail
    Armor 2 Roll 3+ Keep
    If this Armor prevents damage from a Melee Attack, the attacker takes 2 Cold damage.

Electro-Magnetic Mail
    Armor 2 Roll 3+ Keep
    If this Armor prevents damage from a Melee Attack, the attacker takes 2 Electrical damage and the attacker discards 1 card to your hand.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Potato Priest and tolkien like this.
  5. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Reckless Strike

Melee attack/handicap - Type slashing
    Range 1 - Damage 8
    Discard all your armor and block cards. Add 2 to damage for every card discarded this way.
    At the end of turn discard all armor card in hand.

Potato Priest likes this.
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Shriek
    Projectile Sonic Attack
    Range 6 damage 0
    Create and attach a Wimpy card to target.

WexMajor and Potato Priest like this.
  7. Unholy Wellspring & Savage Curse it and you've got a 5 damage projectile right there. I wish Scan did zero damage too.

timeracers likes this.
  8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Point taken. When I said 0 damage what I really meant was no damage at all. So range 6, create and attach a wimpy card to target.
    I had originally thought of creating a wimpy card in target's hand but that would allow the target to draw an extra card!

9. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Perhaps Shriek should be a Utility card, not an Attack, then?

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

No, because it's still harmful to the target. Compare to Mind Worm.

11. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Just a question here but as you stated, you discard all your armor and block cards at the start of the attack but then what armor does that leave for you to discard at the end of your hand? Maybe perhaps if you've drawn some after the attack this would make sense?

12. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

I'll take liberty in assuming that this card has 2 effects. Effect 2 is discarding armor. (Which would happen every turn until you discard the card or use it)

WexMajor likes this.
  13. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Didn't think about that. So in which case then Tolkein may just need to add a duration or Keep to the card effect text perhaps?

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

When you play it discard all of the player's armor and blocks. After discarding cards it adds 2 damage for each card discarded because of the card. I don't know if the other trigger adds damage though, since it doesn't record adding damage I guess it doesn't.

WexMajor likes this.
  15. Keep would be good, duration wouldn't work because this card sits in the player's hand. Cards in hand don't have durations, attachments do.

wereviper and seth arue like this.
  16. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@adajon I loved these ideas. The last one i might change to push 1 all other allies for simplicities sake.

It also gave me this idea:
    Checkmate
    Type: Move
    Quality: emerald
    Move to a random unoccupied victory square. If there are no victory squares or no open victory squares move 1.

On another note, I named an item after you, cf the smithy for details.

adajon likes this.
  17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Spill
    Type: utility/handicap
    Quality: paper
    Slot: helmet only
    Expansion: ettsc
    At the end of your turn Create a random terrain attachment (besides wall and water terrain) in your square.

Note: this can be played at any time but has a mandatory non-keep effect if it is still in your hand at the end of the turn.
    Terrain possibilities: laser beacon, healing beacon, hypnotic beacon, illusionary terrain, smoke, blessed terrain , spiked terrain, radioactive terrain, lava terrain, acid terrain

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    wereviper likes this.
  18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Cloud of Night
    Type: utility
    Quality: silver or bronze
    Slot: divine item
    Expansion:cm
    Create a 'cloud of night' terrain in your square. (No line of sight through cloud of night terrain. At the start of each round create a random form card and attach it to character. Duration 1)

19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Silver Square
    Type: attack
    Quality: bronze
    Slot: divine item
    Expansion: cm
    Range 6, create a silver square terrain attachment in target square. (At the Start of each round occupant takes 1 unpreventable silver damage then remove all attachments to occupant.) duration 2.
    OR should it be 7 damage and silver quality? And an arcane item card?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    adajon, trrst and wereviper like this.
  20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Being of Light (contrasted with creature of night)
    Type: Hybrid Handicap-Utility
    Quality: Bronze (because this can be used like arrogant armor or lateral thinking to cycle negative traits)
    Slot:? Divine Armor
    Mandatory Action. Discard all attachments to you.

wereviper likes this.