Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Clairvoyance
    Boost, Emerald Quality?
    Play Effect: 'Trait. Attach this card to yourself, Duration 3.'
    Reaction: 'At the start of each round, reveal a random card in each enemy character's hand.'

Maniafig and Potato Priest like this.
  2. Not sure how the armor makes sense, seems like more of a boost thing to me, but very nice idea. I like it.

adajon likes this.
  3. Emerald quality seems a little high when this reveals 1 card vs Elven insight's full deck. Again, nice idea. I like how these are duration 3, duration 2 traits always annoyed me for being too short.

adajon likes this.
  4. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Unleashed! (Available only in Werewolf form)
    Boost
    May only target character in Werewolf form. One attack becomes Unblockable. Duration 2 or until triggered.

Sharpened Fangs (Available only in Vampire form)
    Boost
    May only target character in Vampire form. One attack becomes Unblockable. Duration 2 or until triggered.

Zombie Stomp (Available only in Zombie form)
    Boost
    May only target character in Werewolf form. One attack becomes Unblockable. Duration 2 or until triggered.

5. Do you mean Zombie form?

6. I don't see why something being sharp makes it any harder to parry. Perhaps it should become penetrating instead, and the card should last for more than one hit.

7. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Moonblade

Melee attack - Type arcane
    Range 1 - Damage 5
    Push back 1, Penetrating

Alchemic Silver

Magic assist - Type silver
    Range 3 - Duration 1
    All attacks from the attached target are considered silver.
    Frenzy 1

Dark Boon

Magic assist - Type Unholy
    Range 5 - Duration 1
    Target heals when recieves damage, and recieves damage when heals.
    Silver attacks always deal damage.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    wereviper likes this.
  8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I'd put moonblade as paper+ quality, alchemic silver as paper but I'd phrase it as Frenzy 2 instead of "all damage dealt", Dark Boon as Emerald Quality.

WexMajor likes this.
  9. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Yeah. Sorry copied and pasted and edited as I went along but seemed to of missed that one. Here's the corrected form:

Zombie Stomp (Available only in Zombie form)
    Boost
    May only target character in Zombie form. One attack becomes Unblockable. Duration 2 or until triggered.

Ok let me see if this looks any better:

Sharpened Fangs (Available only in Vampire form)
    Boost
    May only target character in Vampire form. All meleee attacks gain Penetrating. Duration 2.

10. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

@WexMajor, was this based around Negative Energy Being? Because if it was, I think you did a great job here making a variation based on being damaged instead of healing and healing instead of being damaged by attacks :)

11. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Loudspeaker
    Boost, Paper Quality
    Play Effect: 'Trait. Attach this card to yourself, Duration 3.'
    Reaction: 'When you play a targeted Sonic card, you may choose up to 2 additional targets for that card. Keep.'

Potato Priest and wereviper like this.
  12. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Just wanting to see if I can come up with some up with some intresting new handicaps since I've been coming up with boosts.

Electric Funeral
    Handicap
    When you die, deal 12 Electrical damage to all characters within 2 squares. Duration 3.

Wrong Way!
    Handicap
    When targeting enemy, if ally is within 2 squares attack them instead. Duration 2.

Dropped Weapon
    Handicap
    Trait. Discard all Melee weapons.

Z-Virus
    Handicap
    Discard your hand. For each card discarded, create a random Zombie card in your hand. A random target shuffles this card into their deck.

Potato Priest likes this.
  13. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

It is also one use only. So you can heal with your warrior, or you can deal that last damage with your healer (heals don't get blocked...)
    NEB is still unbalanced IMO.

wereviper likes this.
  14. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Yeah I believe you may be right but I usually don't run into that card much. In the case of heals not being blocked, I've actually played against a handful of people who've actually triggered my blocks with heals before though it's rare. Of course this is if I'm actually remembering that information correctly...

15. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

This is awful news. Healings from enemies do trigger blocks?
    I hope not.

16. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I believe so but it's been awhile. One perticular player who actually helped me learn this game some I think actually used that stratagy against me by using his "throw away" heals (low points of healing saving his higher point heals for later) to trigger my blocks and my armors to discard my blocks then use a wizard or a warrior he had to remove my armors.

Potato Priest likes this.
  17. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Grave Robber
    Assist ?
    Duration 3. While this card is attached to you, if one of your allies dies, discard 1 card and take one randomly discarded card and add it to your hand.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Anything that isn't Unblockable triggers Blocks I believe. Heals, buffs, purges, etc.

timeracers and WexMajor like this.
  19. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I've not seen buffs blocked but then usually don't see buffs cast on the opponent but I have seen purges be blocked.

20. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Ragdoll
    Handicap
    Trait.
    When you take damage, add 2 to that damage. Slide back 2. Duration 1.

Burnt Out
    Handicap
    Trait.
    When you play a Magic card, subtract 2 damage from it. Duration 2.

Illusionary Tactic
    Assist
    Attach "Mirror" card (+2 armor against magic and projectiles) to you and your allies within 3 squares. +4 roll to apply any damage and effects to the Attacker. Duration 2.

WexMajor and Potato Priest like this.