Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I didn't notice a thread for making cards so I thought I would make one.

I thought of a card with both block and keep:
    Block any. If this blocks move back 1 if you can't discard this instead. Keep. 5+
    I also thought of a trait:
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Durations 2.
    Add 3 damage to any Melee Attack you play. When you take damage, add 2 to that damage. Keep.

2. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

A "keep" block card would seem really overpowered to me, but then I remembered dodge and jump back, so it has my vote of approval. Maybe something like "Sliding Block"?

I also thought of what could be a new drawback, "Dizzy", as a softer alternative to trip. Because of my personal belief we could use some more non-trait drawbacks, that's exactly what it will be.

If you play a move card, cancel it and move 1, changing orientation to a random direction. Saving roll, 3+
    When played, it's the same effect as it would be if it canceled a move.

tolkien, FDrybob and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Disarming strike
    3 damage, 1 range, target discards their oldest attack card
    Suggested as a silver= (6, B) card

I like your dizzy idea.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

Kick off:
    do 3 damage then move 2 backwards fly
    force bomb:
    burst one
    push 1
    Sweeping Kick:
    range 1
    3 damage
    halt
    you may choose 2 targets for this attack
    uncontrollable charge:
    run in one direction until you encounter impassable terrain or another character
    take 3 points of unblockable crushing damage

FDrybob and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Force bomb should do some damage,

6. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Guess i should put my Oceania themed cards in here, most of these would be silver quality:

Boomerang throw- Range 4, damage 3, hard to block 3, on a die roll of 4+ this atk returns to the hand of the character who played it.
    (Given the annoyance this card could cause if multiple rolls are made, the number of copies of this card would be fairly limited)

Stingray spear stab- Range 2, damage 5, poison 3 for 2 turns.

Toothed club slash- Range 1, damage 7, if the character targeted by this attack has no armor, add 3 to the damage.

Camouflage (Utility)- May self target, become invisible to your opponent, duration 2, or if hit by an enemy attack

Tribal dance (Magic, Holy)- All characters in your party receive 1 extra movement point for each move card played excluding step attacks, duration 3

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Stingray spear stab should be silver=(6), Toothed club slash should be bronze+(4), Tribal dance should be silver-(5). The other cards I will not talk about because they add new concepts to the game.

8. Captain Awesome

Self Destruct: If you have less than 5 health deal 20 unblockable, unpreventable damage to yourself and everyone within 1 radius

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  9. Captain Awesome

Blink: Move exactly 3 spaces teleporting

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Self Destruct does too much damage, should do 15 to not insta kill elf wizards, secondly just say unblockable and unpreventable damage to yourself and everyone within 1 radius. Blink should not have that secondary text. Don't forget that you can use the edit post button.

The posts mentioned have been edited so disregard this.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    FDrybob and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  11. Captain Awesome

Delayed Fireball: Attach to target. Burning 8. Duration 1

12. Captain Awesome

Lightning Storm: each character takes 7 points of electrical damage

13. Captain Awesome

Shrink/Advanced Blocking: trait. add 2 to any block rolls

tolkien likes this.
  14. Captain Awesome

Consuming Strength: trait add 6 to all attacks anytime you play an attack card deal 6 penetrating damage to yourself

15. Captain Awesome

Ducking Uppercut: block melee 4+ halt deal 5 unblockable penetrating damage to attacking player

16. Captain Awesome

Slippery Socks: trait whenever you play a move card it becomes a run in one direction until you encounter a wall or another character

Potato Priest likes this.
  17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Ducking Uppercut should be silver=, Consuming Strength should be changed to frenzy 3, anytime you play an attack card deal 3 unpreventable damage to yourself.

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Blink should be bronze+. Slippery socks is a cool idea but I think it shouldn't affect step, flying, teleporting, or free moves.

19. Captain Awesome

Silence: magic card range 3. attach to target. target cannot play magic cards duration 1
    gold+

tolkien and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  20. Captain Awesome

Blind: magic card range 3. attach to target. when target plays a card target must succeed at a 4+ die roll to succeed