Card Hunter Wiki - Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, please. I found out last night that typing "Temple of Scales" into a post, then highlighting it and clicking the button for wiki link produces a link that doesn't work, because the forum insists that every word be capitalized and the wiki uses "of".

Lusus121 likes this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Hmm, first tots: 1500+ items and 500+ cards, that's an additional 2000 pages to load the wiki with. Is that viable with the already limited bandwidth ? Or is it a problem with the bbcodes being misleading ? Perhaps it would have been better to make the symbols

[​IMG]

Tots ?

ok, these are missing redirects. We'll fix these, thanks.

Jayce likes this.
  3. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

I was thinking it might be possible to modify the 404 page within the subfolders /cards and /items, so that you didn't have to actually make the 2000 pages...

4. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

A tremendous, HUGE thank you to those who updated the SP campaign maps completely. Thank you for your time and contribution, once again.

Jayce likes this.
  5. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

Ok, I think I figured out how you can do this. If you install the MediaWiki extension Special404, you can make a special 404 handler for /cards and /items which would just have that "did you mean the other one" link.
    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Special404

6. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

You're welcome, almost done.

Now I need to go back through and add pre-reqs, unlocks, and re-map the monster links for our changed system.

spacedust and Jarmo like this.
  7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Heyas, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, none of the active contributors have root/console access. The site owner is busy irl as well. I'll pass it on, but it might be weeks/months before we hear anything. :(

Still think the best solution is to fix the problem at source, or even make the bbcodes explicit 'CARD', 'ITEM'. Shrugs...

8. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

@Kalin, redirects have been added so that either form of Adventure Names can be used ("Temple of Scales" or "Temple Of Scales"). Phaselock has been doing the same thing with items/cards.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Nah, we use scripts for items/cards, including redirects generation. It would be a nightmare to manually make redirects for 2000 items+cards. :eek:

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Changelog (2nd Dec 2013)

Added in Upcoming winter pvp maps.
    All Monster races updated.
    Added licensing info with blanket copyright for all game-sourced images.

spacedust and Jayce like this.
  11. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Wow, from claustrophobic maps with lots of obstacles to WIDE open.

12. kogi

kogi Ogre

Shooting gallery for wizzards :D

13. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Does nimble strike care about map layout?

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Only if there's lots and lots of difficult terrain. Then again, all other melee characters would suffer even more.

Narrow corridors could be blocked with a tank character. That or no route at all to opponents is needed to shut it down. Ranged only -maps.

15. I don't know.. to me they look pretty good. There's not that much blocked terrain, but when there is, it's in a very good spot for step-warriors. The Halloween maps for example were much more wide open.

The most wizard-friendly map looks to be the one with the bridge. Although not as bad as Celestial Koi, it probably gives wizards a big advantage.

16. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

Wow, definitely surprised to see these maps, although still better than koi, definitely favouring 3 wiz heavily. I guess some people are probably really happy about that (including the commenter above me ;)).
    Except for woodhome which looks very narrow wizards should absolutely dominate as cover is very scarce on all of these maps. wonder if there'll be any uproar when these maps will launch.

17. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

There is an uproar with every map release.

Bearson Onyx, PIZZA and Flaxative like this.
  18. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Would it be possible for the wiki maintainers to post somewhere on the wiki the raw item / card data they use to generate pages? I can scrape the wiki (or already have, maybe >_>), but it would be easier on y'all's bandwidth if we could just grab the original data file.

19. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Contact Phaselock.

20. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Can a few people check the numbers here?:
    http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/The_Armory
    http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Kyburz_Market
    http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Goblin_Bazaar
    http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Randimar's_Rarities

And yes, I know there's an issue With Randi's, should show Min or 9 and Max of 14 for 'Epic'. My data for Randimar's is especially sparse, would love to get some numbers from others.

Here are the number's I've gotten so far:
    Code:
    [B]The Armory[/B]
    Item Counts      153        153        156        162        158        156        154
    #Common          115        115        115        115        115        115        115
    #Uncommon    38          38          41          47          43          41          39

[B]Kyburz Market[/B]
    Item Counts      159        150        157        152        155        156
    #Common          115        115        115        115        115        115
    #Uncommon    44          35          42          37          40          41
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]

[B]The Goblin Bazaar[/B]
    Item Counts      153        148        142        135        130        138
    #Common          101        101        101        101        101        101
    #Uncommon    52          47          41          34          29          37

[B]Randimar’s Rarities[/B]
    Item Counts      *56        59       
    #Rare                  *40        47