Card Hunter Wiki - Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

All fixed, thanks ! :)

edit: Hints updated as well. :)

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

And thus:

Pengw1n likes this.
  3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Jayce likes this.
  4. progammer

progammer Ogre

5. this is a good start but won't be super useful until it has hover-tooltips and a lot of pages with sortable tables.

6. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I think this is what is called "damned by faint praise." :rolleyes:

7. Hahaha - sorry to everyone working on it. Obviously I am not contributing anything. Please keep up the good work.

Still, honestly, in my opinion the wiki does require hover-tooltips and sortable tables to be useful. :(

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

There are hover tooltips for cards links and keywords. You should be able to see those in action in the basic guides (anywhere else where there is a card link) and card pages. Card pages themselves also contain sortable item tables in collapsible format. The only hit we've had is that tooltips take a few seconds to load and that's due to the hosting plan that Roshirai put in out of his own pocket. Ditto for queries.

What other types of data do you like to have presented ? As long as its useful and doesn't violate DNP/eula, we will try to support.

9. progammer

progammer Ogre

Some statistics for fun: Legendary and Epic item level distribution. For those who want to grind campaign for items.

Edit: Format doesn't works well, enjoy a picture instead.

legendarydistribution.PNG

Conclusion: Level 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 (17) are the most profitable modules to grind. Remembers, items can drop from a few level above and below its level. Enjoy hunting !

Jayce and Pengw1n like this.
  10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

And there is a new table in the same page ! Kudos to programmer ! :)

11. progammer

progammer Ogre

It was progammer, not programmer. Also, treasures were excluded in my table.

12. Sir Knight

Hmm. It seems like my plays at level 7 are spot-on, then. I started doing this to get my hands on one-token Weapons, but apparently there's also a heap of Legendaries above and below. Awesome.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Are we certain that chests care about item levels? The build announcements keep talking about the introductory levels of cards.

Checking my logs....
    Dung lv _ Items
    1 _______ 1-3
    2 _______ 1-5
    3 _______ 1-6
    4 _______ 2-7 plus some level 1 uncommon treasures
    (few data points per level after this point)
    5 _______ 4-6
    6 _______ 4-7 plus one level 8 and one level 9
    7 _______ 4-9
    8 _______ 6-9
    9 _______ 6-9 plus one each 10, 11, 12
    10 ______ 8-12 plus two 7
    11 ______ 9-12 plus one 13
    12 ______ 9-13 plus one 14
    13 ______ 11-15 plus one 10
    14 ______ 12-15
    15 ______ 13-16 plus one 17
    16 ______ 13-17 plus one 18
    17 ______ 15-18 plus one 13

14. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Introductory level of cards are probably item levels Kalin - based on when they appear in suits et c. Or at least, that's my take on the unspeakable tongue of the devs. My rosetta stone might be broken.

15. Sir Knight

Well, duh.

[​IMG]

I mean, look at the thing.

Thorik, Jayce and Pengw1n like this.
  16. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

That also pointed out my script had missed an odd duplicate item Shiny Ear Ring was in there twice, looks like the result of a casing issue and not adding a redirect.

I also thought I'd missed a few other items somehow, but it looks like the table might be slightly squiffy for the totals of Divine Armor (Sum of the columns = 71) and Elf Skills (Sum of the columns = 31).

Lovely table though =D

17. progammer

progammer Ogre

Here's a quote from what I understand in beta patch 2.43. Intro level of cards and items are separate. Intro level of items is the maximum intro level of the cards it contains.

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

hmm, looking into this. Seems like database might be a trifle outdated.

Jayce likes this.
  19. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Introductory levels are designed to stop the player seeing certain cards until they have achieved a particular level. The player's introductory level is the highest level adventure they have beaten. Adventure chests won't drop items that are too far above that.

Item introductory levels are based on card introductory levels and are the maximum introductory level of any card in that item's card suite.

One effect of this is that you can sometimes find low level items with a high introductory level if you go back and replay lower level adventures.

Phew!

Jayce, Pengw1n and PIZZA like this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oh! So players won't get a Staff Of The Inferno the first time through the tutorial.