Card Hunter to Tabletop Simulator

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by RoseyFox, Jul 4, 2023.

1. RoseyFox

RoseyFox Kobold

This thread is for discussion, brainstorming, and planning the port of Card Hunter to Tabletop Simulator.

FAQ
    What is TableTop Simulator (TTS)?
    Tabletop Simulator (TTS) is a game on Steam that serves as a platform to play ANY board game you'd like off the community page, it normally costs $20. Here is a link to the store page:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/

How is this port going to work?
    I or whoever knows the game will be the "Dungeon Master" controlling the monsters, and one to three players will control the heroes. Since this is on TTS, the campaign can be fully customized and you can play through the campaign with others! This can turn the game into more of a TableTop RPG with a story that changes based on your choices.

How close is this to being finished?
    Work started late 2022, working a few hours a week it is now able to be playtested. There are about 20-50 hours of work left until it's ready to be released, depending on how long it takes to polish aspects of the port. After some playtesting, the design may be revised then the project will be posted on the Steam Workshop for anyone to download.

I'm interested in Designing / Playtesting / Participating in a Campaign
    For now, just message me on Discord (RoseyFox). If there is enough interest, I may make a discord server and update this with a link.

2. RoseyFox

RoseyFox Kobold

Current Progress
    809 / 809 Cards Imported & Named
    529 / 529 Figurines Imported
    12 / 12 Item Types (levels 1-8) created
    3 / 6 Traits created

Work in Progress
    Loot System (for end of modules)
    Shop System
    Player Boards / Inventory
    Story / Modules
    Overall GUI / Aesthetic Design

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Since The Knights of Unity own the game, artwork, et cetera, I suspect you'll need their permission to publish this.