Card Hunter Players Invited to Teamspeak Server for Play and Tournaments

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by LtFeonir, Dec 25, 2016.

1. LtFeonir

LtFeonir Kobold

Hey CH Community,

I recently started playing this game, and I think it's rad, so rad in fact that I've been pushing it really hard in a community I administrate on a teamspeak. I think with some more pushing from me, and enough of a player base online, we could have consistently run and prized tournaments (paid for by me and my staff of course).

If you think a teamspeak with tournaments is what you're looking for, come visit us at: ts.absgaming.net
    through your teamspeak client, and let them know you're here to play card hunter!

I'm going to make a few public rooms for Card Hunter, and once there's a reasonable enough player base (thinking around 20 or so), I'd like to fund some tournaments. I haven't decided exactly how they'll work yet, but the rough idea is randomized brackets, where the players make custom games against their opponent, record and report the outcomes, and then advance until they either lose or hit the #1 position and receive a prize. If you have thoughts on this, or are curious how to join the teamspeak/participate with us, feel free to message me here or on steam under the same name.

For those dubious and/or interested, we've been a primarily League of Legends community for several years, with a consistent track record of weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) tournaments. We're committed to supporting our users and making sure everyone has a safe place to enjoy whatever game they want to play. We're looking to expand our supported tournament games because we feel that a more diverse group of gamers would be healthier for our community; that said, we hope to see you on!

Thanks for your time! 8)

2. melkor_unlimited

melkor_unlimited Orc Soldier

It is better when number of players (teams) is power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16).

In other case you need to do some Qualification which ends with appropriate number of players/teams.

BTW 20 players are manageable. 20 teams is ... simply said ... too mach.

3. LtFeonir

LtFeonir Kobold

I think you're right, but the idea isn't that all 20 players would participate, just that around 20 players is enough to incentivize actually spending money on prizes/cash payouts. If we don't have enough players playing the game, the pool of players who actually want to participate in tournaments becomes so small that whoever gets the cash prize is essentially a coin flip, and it means that the server is giving free money/prizes away without actually giving players a rewarding "battle" to achieve them.

Sort of like the ranked wins reward system in game; it wouldn't be good to just give players full epic chests every time they win one game, there's a progression.

timeracers and ParodyKnaveBob like this.