Card Hunter Elimination Tournament #1 - Sign Up and Win Pizza!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Scared Little Girl, Jan 30, 2014.

1. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

Signup - IGN: TheShadowTitan

2. Dakmor

Dakmor Mushroom Warrior

IGN -> Dakmor Lancer

What is the font used for the header in the first post?

3. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

What about 4am? :p

4. Qivril

Qivril War Monkey

IGN: Qivril

5. Updated. 23/32.

I put you in as a regular. Join us if you can. And if you can't, no penalties or anything like that.

Coalition.

That is what differentiates real gamers from crazies. :) Seriously, whether or not you join is up to you of course, but staying up that late might not be very healthy, especially if you advance to the finals. You'll probably have a sleeping cycle of a vampire for a month.

6. ReesJ

ReesJ Kobold

what will happen if there are no 32 contestants! My match seems to be 31 and looks long shot atm!

7. We will take substitutes directly from the chat room 10 minutes before the event starts. I would imagine it would be easy to recruit that way. But if we get only a total of 20 or less, then we will have a 20-player event with 2-round swiss, followed by a 16-player single-elimination. If we get more than 20, then we'll have to use byes, in other words some participants will advance to round 2 without fighting. Not a great solution but there's no good way to fix lack of participation.

What do you mean by this 31?

8. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

My work got cancelled today so count me in if there's still room.

IGN:ElShafto

9. 3dc was king for a time on the other maps, before people realized that wwe/ww are equally or more cheap than 3dc with trait cycling. At least we get to see what a meta-game that only patches 1 thing at once rather than all of the problem issues simultaneously will look like

10. Magus

Magus Orc Soldier

(IGN: Magus).
    /in, I suppose. Losing in round one can't take too long.

11. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Sadly i cant participate, i do expect to see alot of 3dc, but i think the 10min timer will be a pain in the ass for 3dc, personaly i would run a 2 war-1 priest or 2 war-1 wiz, and think the maps are good for elves, so should be interesting to see what ppl will play :)

12. The restrictions favor 3dc, the maps don't necessarily favor the comp if people have to have 1v1s (although s prays and freezes can be an instant gg for someone if they don't block)

13. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

yes, the build that lost less and gained moreis 3dc, but lets see :) i did some games using 2 elf warriors and 1 human priest and worked quite good :) should be interesting. Hope i arrive home in time to see some of the games

14. Updated. 25/32. Keep those signups coming, we are almost there!

Problem with control wizards is that if the opponent has a Firestorm spam deck, it's pretty much an automatic loss. It might make more sense to use a highly mobile Elf team that generally does well against both control wizards and Firestorm spam. That's what I would probably do if I participated.

15. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

After looking over the maps, I think SLG's map is overly problematic given the random starting spots. It is only worsened by the lack of symmetry. Can we get a quick fix before the game? Honestly, the point of tournaments is to reduce variance -- not increase it. If the map had a large number of plays that showed it was balanced I'd be okay, but it hasn't been majorly tested so I'd err on the side of caution.

Flaxative likes this.
  16. phantoche

phantoche Kobold

IGN: phantoche

17. killerdestroy

18. IGN: Killerdestroy

19. sign up
    IGN: Killerdestroyer

20. Put me in coach: KillerDestroyer