Card Hunter Elimination Tournament #1 - Sign Up and Win Pizza!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Scared Little Girl, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah 3DC is going to be strong on most of these maps :)

2. illkkill

illkkill Mushroom Warrior

3. SgtSteve

SgtSteve Kobold

Signup - IGN: SgtSteve

4. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Signup - IGN: Ghostbrain

5. You could just trust them not to cheat :)

I banned WW/WWE because there was a lot of demand for it. I think it's hands down the most hated strategy atm, which is a good thing because the more people complain, the more it pressures BM to change the cards. Even now as I'm writing this, people are complaining about WW/WWE in chat.

As for control wizards, I don't think they will dominate here because they are pretty easy to counter with tons of mobility. They are just the big boogie man that people like to mention in a situation like this. Even before Peasant tournament, people were talking about how control wizards will be unbeatable in that format, but in the end they clearly were not. But we'll see how it plays out.

Privileges? I don't even play in the tournament :)

Could be, but I think it has less to do with maps and more to do with deckbuilding restrictions. I use 3-4 legendaries in my wizard build, so restrictions would nerf it a bit, but probably not as much as some other builds out there that rely on items like Vibrant Pain.

Looking at our 5 maps, I think that movement will be crucial. We might see a lot of elves, especially since they are the only class that can easily reach VP squares during round 1. Then again there are some tight spaces as well, so who knows. It's going to be interesting for sure.

EDIT: Updated.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Ifiwereu

Ifiwereu Kobold

Signup - IGN: Niccodemus

7. Baalorlord

Baalorlord Kobold

Signup - IGN: Baalorlord

Scratch that, reliazed the time was UTC and not EST. I will not be available at the right time.

8. Updated. 15/32.

Roster is half full with only about 26 hours left until the tournament starts. We will probably not get the full 32, but hopefully we will be able to recruit people from chat 10 minutes before the event starts. Now is time to put some pressure on your friends and family and force them to join the tournament!

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Are you advertising in lobby chat?

10. Yes, I've done that a couple of times today. I don't think we got any new recruits because of it.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Whimsical

Whimsical Kobold

At least one new recruit, I'm in.

IGN: Whimsical

12. Cool.

Btw I removed the minimum post requirement. Maybe that will help us get more participants.

13. ReesJ

ReesJ Kobold

IGN: ReesJ
    ok i will try to make it. Lets c 1.30am :p

14. 1:30am is what differentiates lightweight newbies from real gamers :)

15. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

GOGO ReesJ, i bet 1 internet cookie on you and on Arcadian Rook :)

16. I made some changes to "Creating a Custom Game" after Tuknir pointed out that host always goes seconds. Host will now be resolved with a coin flip at the start of each round.

17. Kungfu Crab

Kungfu Crab Kobold

IGN: Kungfu Crab

18. Updated. 18/32.

There was an error with the final map. I hadn't included the 10 minute time limit. It is now fixed.

If you have already downloaded the file, please either download it again, or fix the time manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.

19. Eren

Eren Orc Soldier

IGN: Eren

20. Checkers

Checkers Kobold

Please put me down as tentative (or a substitute).
    I'd like to join, but I'm not sure of my schedule.

IGN: Checkers