Card Hunter Board Game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by yazdan, Nov 29, 2015.

?

who's interested? let me know

1. Yes

68.4%
  2. No

31.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. yazdan

yazdan Kobold

Dear Players

A while ago i send a request purchasing a board game version of card hunter cause i saw different photo's and video's of a board game version but the makers said that it's a single version and that they will make more if there is enough interest and i know i'm not the only one so i wanted to ask every player who wants a board game version of card hunter send a request to the maker and share this.Thanks

xelamitchell likes this.
  2. I would love to see a board game for this!!! It would be a dream come true for me.

yazdan likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I doubt I'd ever play it, but I'd buy one if the price wasn't excessive. Maybe two.

ParodyKnaveBob and yazdan like this.
  4. yazdan

yazdan Kobold

so share it and send a request to the makers

5. xelamitchell

xelamitchell Kobold

This would be great. I love the computer game but would absolutely buy a board/card game version of this. Please make this real Blue Manchu!

6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I voted no because "in theory" it would be the coolest thing since sliced bread $E^ } ...but it would be so impractical to play and acquire, it'd either need a complete change in mechanics (like Loot and Legends apparently is) or be one of the most unfun chores to play since .. um .. I don't know, one of those really bad games I don't play and have apparently forgotten their existence? lol

To play *one* card from the hand mid-game ... *ONE* card ...

Elf Warrior with Bad Luck attached (placed on table next to plastic vertical-card-hand-holder .. somehow we've marked that it's from the opp I guess .. and we've placed a duration marker on it, too) and a copy of Mass Frenzy attached (how many copies do you need of this rare card? how expensive will that get? okay, n/m copies, we'll just write attachments on a piece of paper and use markers on the paper for all their duration changes each round, *and* which is the original vs. copies for the sake of returning it back to the priest's discard pile when discarded vs. not when destroyed (which determines when it can be recycled to the hand)) attacks Elf Wizard with Elven Maneuvers attached using Laser Strike. Roll 1d6 for Major Erratic Damage and subtract 1 for Bad Luck -- got a 2! Add 7 base + 2 erratic + 2 frenzy = 11 damage. Elf Wizard -- with an honest player -- exposes Parry from her plastic vertical-card-hand-holder (which was given to her by her Human Warrior ally via Battlefield Training -- did we put a paperclip on it with a marker saying it's the Human Warrior's to keep it straight?) and rolls 1d6 -- got a 4! Discard the Parry into the Human Warrior's discard pile, and draw from the Elf Wizard's draw pile, placing the new card into her plastic vertical "hand" tray thingy; it's Whorl. Also, Elf Warrior draws a random Laser Malfunction card from the appropriate pile set to the side -- or perhaps more reliably accurately, rolls an appropriate die and places a copy of the designated Malfunction into Elf Warrior's "hand" tray -- it's Meltdown.

In the next turn, the Elf Wizard will have to play Whorl, and we'll get to figure out just exactly which tiles meet line of sight requirements *and* keep up with what order characters get hit; then count each affected character's cards to add damage; then be honest about armors, blocks (if facing -- which we'd also be meticulously keeping up with), and other reactions (if facing, etc.) -- except in the appropriate order (is it boosts then blocks or blocks then boosts? gotta consult the guide, hold on), rolling all the appropriate dice and keeping track of which damages are going where, marking somewhere somehow all chars' HP losses; then discard it to the Elf Wizard's pile and draw a new card from the Elf Wizard's other pile; then, this player still has a card to play, assuming not cantrip. ... Then, in the next turn, (third total described so far,) back to the original player, the Meltdown must be played -- pull out the Lava terrain tile tokens to place on the board, I guess just writing down all the durations here, too, as well as source in case of Lava terrain overwrite -- and remember the Meltdown for you hand gets "destroyed" (discarded back to the Laser Malfunction pile instead of the character's discard pile), Cantrip, and not a Trait for draw replacement.

~sigh~ I've had to go back and edit some things. No telling if I missed details. With MP generally having 3v3 characters and Campaign having 3 vs. a lot more, this is a lot more rolling and physical-pieces management and information management than, say a pen-and-paper RPG, which admittedly can get into high rolls sometimes (but even then, it's usually each player only rolling for themselves instead of one player rolling for three -- the GM notwithstanding of course). The board movement, zone of control, line of sight, etc. would also take a lot of careful play -- and probably detailed instructions or tools or something to get proper line of sight anyway. Hoo boy, and Linear anyone?

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot I planned to deal with Elven Maneuvers. I'll just do this. What if the Parry failed? Okay, now it sits on the table in front of the tray, showing it's "in hand" but visible -- and make sure to keep its order b/c card order is serious business in this game (it's even written in card instructions! let alone armor/block/etc. order to deal with) -- and the Elf Wizard takes damage. Start the draw-discard procedure to find a Move card, stopping at the first one. I was going to say the player would need to be honest about which cards are being discarded, but actually, technically, these cards ARE visible for a split second in the original CH version online (not to mention in the ever-so-helpful Battle Log), thus .. should an opponent be able to request viewing each one (and noting its item) before they go into the Elf Wizard's discard pile? I guess we have to consult the official rules on this, too. And either way, every time a player plays a card, there's no more mystery as to whether an opponent is examining item sources because the opp might want to really examine a played card (maybe an unrecognized item, maybe a brand new card altogether) -- and players would have to be quite careful to keep their items' proper cards grouped together lest they be called out for cheating. ~exhale~ Writing all this exhausts me. I'm gonna go eat something after saving the changes of adding this paragraph...

Scary thing when a GM decides certain enemies will be smart and not attack Nimbus'd characters -- or are new variants who will Purge you, gasp! Truly, GM decisions could be fun at any rate. $:^ b

Now, to acquire cards...

I bought a CH board game with a few hundred cards and some starter character tokens! Yay! What, no Elven Maneuvers? No Festering Guts? Oh. I guess I have to buy a physical copy of the Attack of the Artifacts expansion (and/or buy "Chest" card packs and even "Artifact Chest" card packs for items' worth of cards) for to hopefully find Cautious Mobility to get the Elven Maneuvers x2, Scouting Run x1 ... which even though I probably don't get a physical "Elf Skill" token unless I maybe buy a premium deluxe edition, at least the cards have the item name written on them so as to keep them all straight and together. I guess I also have to buy certain adventure modules to get Festering Zombies' character tokens and decks -- not to mention perhaps some map tiles to place instead of just dry-erase-marking everything (and trying not to smudge it all off while placing terrain tiles and moving character tokens), or perhaps I can subscribe (with money) to the monthly Mauve Manticore to get one new Aloyzo's Arsenal item (collectible token plus its cards of course) to get a Festering Guts card (plus two Shuffle cards collectibly labeled "Infected") ... plus of course neat setup-instructions for player scenarios (and maybe even for a deluxe subscription, extra copies of the map tiles, character tokens + decks, etc.!). Awww, I'm a major collector and I'd rather have the older, rarer "common" versions with a paper quality and lack of specifying Projectile damage (even though the updated CH errata on their website of course clarifies these rules as standard ... good thing I constantly check the website to keep up with rules changes and text bug fixes, y'know, since the physical cards don't update).

Just.. No.. I seriously don't want to see a $27,000 balance-beta Quick Scuttle card (even if everyone only played it as Leap anyway, meaning it actually wouldn't get played except in Casual "whatever the card says, do it!" friend-group-silliness)... If you get my drift.

It'd be *so* cool. $E^ D ...except, wow, it really wouldn't -- unless simply changed into a nigh entirely different game.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016