[Card] Firestarter rules question

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Ector, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Firestarter reads: "Whenever a Burning card you control burns for damage, it does 2 additional damage". What do the words "you control" mean here - only the mage who has Firestarter on or all cards from my characters?
    Please answer only if you're 100% sure, since my suggestions are as good as yours :)

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Only the wizard who has Firestarter on. 100% sure. The extra damage is applied only to the burning damage from the owning character and not the others. I do a lot of Firestorm farming and see this all the time.

3. Snorre Liljegren

Snorre Liljegren Mushroom Warrior

Jarmo is right, im also 100%

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks guys! That's a pity :(
    But this ruling leads to another question: who "controls" the fire cards when the wizard who controlled them dies? AFAIK the cards don't immediately disappear.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The Burning damage continues (until it expires or is pushed off), but I'm pretty sure the Firestarter bonus only happens when the wizard is still alive.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Correct

7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I have some questions...
    When a card like Firestorm deals burning damage (2 damage) and then Firestarter triggers, it should deal 4 burning damage right?
    Now, Firestarter is supposed to trigger when a burning card does damage. The question is what about 0 damage?
    I would have to spend some more time in SP to prove it, but I have seen cases where Mail (or other armor cards) prevents the initial 2 points of burning damage, and then Firestarter does not trigger and the net damage is 0. I have also seen cases where Firestarter does trigger (After armor prevents all 2 points of burning damage) and it deals a net 2 points of damage (to player characters).
    Also, attachment effects like Firestorm seem to always trigger on the player's side first before the monster side, except when a Firestorm would kill all of the monsters with burning damage and you would win the game. In that case it skips the player characters to be faster I guess? Anyone else notice this? I'll try and get copies of the battle log...