Card Combos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tim The Unready, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Higginjoe

Higginjoe Kobold

<------ Whatever class translates to Magic's White, that's probably what I'll be. Paladin ftw? Fights for righteousness and fairness for all?

Edit: Realized I was a bit off-topic. I can imagine there will be combos, since class-based RPGs thrive off them. Warriors maybe set up defenses against melee-resistant foes while mages warm up their spells? Or maybe a paladin could cast a stopping spell, then cast a longer-casting-time banishment spell?

2. sageco

sageco Kobold

If we are talking magic, then Black is where its at: "Power at any any price"

3. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

#"Red and Black, that's my colour scheme..."

4. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

Favor Green!

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

So should I mention the colour "blue" just to round out the conversation, or are you all set?

I don't have a Magic preference, myself. Everything has cool stuff in it. Which is why the possibility of an "adventuring party" with different types of cards could be very enjoyable.

6. Jedimus

Jedimus Kobold

NO! I hate blue! :D

7. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

woah your sig have creepy eyes

8. Higginjoe

Higginjoe Kobold

Screw Black, Blue is the color of evil.

9. sageco

sageco Kobold

No see, magic colors are not moralities. Black is no more evil than Blue.

10. Higginjoe

Higginjoe Kobold

I know. Still, Blue is the color of evil. Have you played against Blue?

11. sageco

sageco Kobold

During my first 3 years of magic, all I played against were blue players; I am an expert at killing blue even if my list of fav colours goes:
    Black>White>Green>Blue>Red

I am so used to having my spells countered, my cards stolen and my plans disrupted that its second nature dealing with blue. Apparently, people's idea of introducing someone to magic is making them play against the broken cards of the Urza Saga; luckily I started playing during the only slightly less broken Mirrodin block.