Cantrip Flanking Move & Large Creatures

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Maniafig, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I was playing the first map of the Melvelous adventure and I encountered a bug with Flanking Move. The card is supposed to be Cantrip if you don't end adjacent to an enemy, but when I selected my Warrior to move next to a Large Creature he still got the Cantrip effect despite being adjacent to an enemy.

FlankingMoveBug.png

The character in question is the Dwarf with the red shield, "Mrs Poodlefoodletoodle". Immediately after moving next to Melvelous I could use a Raging Strike.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yeah, it's a known bug due to only the lowest square of the large creature being counted for adjacency purposes. Your human warrior would not have gotten the cantrip effect if he had flanking moved to where he is now.

The same effect can be seen with e.g the various jumping lightning spells. The dwarf above is counted as one square distant from Melvelous, the human is zero squares distant (e.g adjacent) to Melvelous. This gotcha property can lead to unintuitive happenings in single player play.

Maniafig likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We definitely need to fix this before introducing large figures in PvP (leagues), but yeah, for now it's just gotcha events in PvE. Sorry, Maniafig, if this inconvenienced you or broke your immersion. It's a known issue and we'll deal with it as soon as we can.

Maniafig likes this.
  4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Getting rid of a Raging Strike is never an inconvenience. :p

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.