Cant get past level 14 dungeons..this is nonsense

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by scotsman262, Oct 3, 2013.

1. scotsman262

scotsman262 Kobold

I will NEVER spend another dam dollar on this game. No way to advance. I regret the $25 I spent. There must be a way to advance past these no win dungeons.

2. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Is it a specific battle that you're having trouble with? Just one of the level 14 adventures or all of them?

From what I recall when I played them most of the enemies have ranged attacks, so I had to do quite a bit of deck rebuilding. Out went the faithful Parry and in came Missile Block. Reliable armour (e.g. Reliable Mail) is also a blessing, even if it is only a low amount, because a lot of the attacks (and burning effects in Citrine Demon Portal) are low damage. I think I used a lot of Step attacks and Range 2 attacks on my warrior and priest as well because it made it easier to chase down the enemies and, in Return to the Astral Shrine, reposition myself away from diagonals or rows & columns as necessary. Team moves are good for the same reason and if you have access to Entangling Roots on your priest that can stop enemies from getting away / setting up a strong attack while also guaranteeing that they're exposed to terrain damage from your wizard.

3. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

If you're more specific about your issues (map, monsters e tc). I'm sure a lot of people are willing to offer advice.

Angry Penguin likes this.
  5. Shadowzon

Shadowzon Kobold

Some maps in the game can be really hard. You might need to adapt your deck and play multiple times.

6. actionjack

actionjack Mushroom Warrior

I guess it is good to give up early. Some later dungeon are even more diabolical. :)

7. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I dunno, Return of the Astral Shrine was the hardest dungeon of the game for me. But as the thread about where people were getting stuck shows it's clear YMMV.

8. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

For me, I think the hardest is probably Black Oaken Heart. That's the only module I remember using up my free retries on during my first play-through.

For the Astral Shrine maps I was very sensitive to the fact that they were chess pieces and so on my first playthrough I kind of assumed I'd auto-lose if I moved somewhere in their chess-style line of movement... I think that caution served me well, even though the rules don't really work like chess at all.

9. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

The three L14 modules are relatively hard I guess - certainly Lord Batsford's Manor and Citrine Demon Portal are long and tough. They are beatable, though. I always found Return to the Astral shrine fairly easy.

10. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

Agreed. In fact I still think it was purely luck that got me through that one. I absolutely loathe that module with every fiber of my being.

11. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I had a lot of tries on the sniper level in Lord Batsford.

Worse was King Oggenot which I just now completed after a ton of tries (about 45g worth). The problem was on the last level, I had one staff with cold spells but little else in the way of encumbrance.

In the end I packed as much Telekinesis and Winds of War as I could - I had Whirlwind enemies too but it never came out the time I finally won. But I think the secret was a change before my last (and barely successful) battle. I packed a lot of stabs on my warrior to make the most of what encumbrance/control I could do. That helped a good bit in terms of the amount of damage I took. Winds of War help a lot too. I kept pushing the Tan Mold back towards the bottom left corner while I got rid of a couple of the others. A handily drawn Wall of Stone was also nice to wall me off with two injured Ochers for a couple of turns.

It was the last shot of my third revival, and I was going to give up for now if I failed.

This one seemed easy enough in the beta, I think I had enough cold then to keep stuff off, or maybe I was luckier than I realised.

On the other hand, I did the two monkey levels without losing a mission. In the beta these had me tearing my hair out!

12. voltorocks

voltorocks Kobold

Glad to see the OP was actually looking for help with his very solvable problems and not just a clueless rager. oh wait...