Can I have my Meta rating reset

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Led, Aug 4, 2016.

?

Can account Led have META rating reset.

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Clearly he isn't following the rules about not surrendering too early or something if he is dropping. In other words: Waiting for a standing reset isn't an excuse for surrendering early.

2. Led

Led Orc Soldier

This week my focus has been on leagues, i dont normally play leagues so forgive me if I have made some errors here, but looking back at my game log (I have been queuing up for both at the same time) if i start a league game, it also shows another game starting at the same time (that you dont see at the time of playing and it shows that it lasts 2.35min so will be a inactivity drop). I thought the game would only start you in one game, if you were in one why does it start you in another that you dont get to see?. Just putting it out there.

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Only queue at 1 of the 2. I have no idea why are we allowed to queue to both. It has been broken since the leagues were 1st introduced.
    If I had -5000 Standing, I would not care. Would be something to make me stand out from others :D
    Though I am already in a guild, not afraid of being kicked out and not wanting to join another guild either :p

MathuranF likes this.
  4. Led

Led Orc Soldier

I normally would not care, but im being monitored very close at the moment and well its better to learn that now. I had always qued both when i was playing in leagues. The only reason I noticed that was because Timeracers mentioned my ratings dropping. At the start of my post i mentioned my standing was about -2500 and now its -2505. But the number is irrelevant, if my standing gets reset watch my numbers then and you will only see a positive climb. If you look around the players with low elo, you will notice alot of them have more than 1000 games. I am not the norm but I am also not unique. It's a shark tank in the lower elo brackets.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I see. Ok I will set the goal for my vote at -2,450 instead of -2,400 because of the loss you took from that.

6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for voting and taking part in the decision. I really appreciate how you all remain civil with each other on what could be a contentious issue.
    Led's profile has been reset as a result of the vote. I set the standing to 0, and added 1 win and 1 loss to avoid a div by zero error.

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Or we could have it be a soft min which while you are below you gain more standing from victories.

Macizo likes this.
  8. Led

Led Orc Soldier

If you gained more standing whats stopping someone contributing more to a guild if they have a negitive standing. You could leave a guild elo tank then join again to farm standing

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Facepalm. Your standing does not affect guild rating change from your games.

10. Led

Led Orc Soldier

I thought that when you win a game you make standing points. That same standing points is also given to your guild. Is that not the case. I dont understand what "change from your games" means. I thought this whole process was about change

11. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

No, Led. Standing is pretty much useless stat. Guild points are different. You win/lose more guild points when playing against a guild member and also more when a blitz occurs.
    Standing is just a stat you get +/- 1 or 2 every game and it only affects whether or not you show up in Farbs' Meta site's statistics. Don't care too much about it.