Campaign: The Jewel of Alet Zhav - Anybody else stuck?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by artardous, Nov 24, 2015.

1. artardous

artardous Kobold

The last level of this quest is extremely frustrating. As soon as I deliver the killing blow to the last enemy, a Festering Zombie, his festering guts ability activates and kills one of my team members, giving the enemy team the victory.

I think it's unfair how the enemy team's kill is registered before mine. This is the second time I've lost this way. :mad:

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't know your build, but:
    - If you have one character who can tank the zombie's attacks or has good blocks, move next to the zombie. When it's out of attacks, move another character onto a VP.
    - Use Barge, a weak bash (weak enough not to explode it), or a control spell to move it off the VP.
    - Damage it with melee attacks, then move away and finish it off with an arcane spell.

Festering Guts lasts for 3 rounds (so hope it doesn't draw another). If you can tank the attacks a round or two, you can wait for it to expire before killing the beastie, but this can be a tough method.

Good luck, and I hope this helps. If it doesn't, please post your race/class combos for more specific ideas.

Edit: Yes, Festering Guts is unfair. But you're good enough to deal with it.

artardous and seth arue like this.
  3. artardous

artardous Kobold

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to use them the next time I play.

4. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

Also, Resistant Hide provides immunity to the damage from Festering Guts, so that provides a few more options for finishing it off.

artardous and Sir Veza like this.
  5. artardous

artardous Kobold

Thanks, Vacuity. I managed to beat this level.

Vacuity and Sir Veza like this.