Campaign Adventure list: Tips and details included (Incomplete)

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Shadwell, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

I made this thread to list and briefly detail the adventures of Card Hunter. Due to some mix ups I recently had to restart, and I had been planning on doing something similar to this. This will go over each and every free adventure in the game and give some brief details and advice about it. This is not intended to be a walkthrough, rather it is just meant to be helpful for beginners and possibly veterans.

My Party is a Dwarf Spear-Warrior, Human Vampire Priest and an Elf Flame Wizard; due to this experiences may vary. Post in the Comments below with any constructive criticism or any suggestions to refine this or even for tips based on your experiences. I will update this as I go along the Campaign, and will update every 5 adventures and possibly Treasure hunts when it comes to that. Later on, I will also be adding links to the battle pages in the Card hunter Wiki.

Refer to the Penniless Peasant builds thread here by Timeracer for common easy to get gear for the adventures.

Wizards Workshop: level 2 Adventure

Three Battles; 1st battle, two Tin Golems; 2nd battle is against two Tin Golems and two Ornithopters; 3rd battle is against one Bronze Golem.

This can be difficult, especially on the second battle if you get swarmed early on by the Golems and Ornithopters. What you want to do, is have your wizard make use of any long range attacks to soften up the enemies before they reach you. The first to arrive are usually the Tin Golems, they have armor (Mail) and use simple strike. The Ornithopters are trickier, they have less health than the Golems, but have cards to remove armor and can deal damage over time through Ember Spray.

The most difficult of the three battles, I think, is against the Bronze Golem, it hits hard and can take hits. I usually move my warrior forward to engage in melee combat and tank the damage. With my Wizard closely behind to get the Bronze Golem in range to whittle at its health. It uses the crushing (Bludgeon) card that deal 4 damage as well as Able Bludgeon for 5 damage and the Flailing Bronze Fists card for 5 which can target 2 enemies. It’s Thickened Mail can block upto 4 damage neutralizing many low damage attacks. I lost my Warrior the first time I did this, but it still allows you to take the enemy down.

Caverns of the Troglodytes: Level 2 Adventure

2 Battles

1st Battle against 2 Trog Spearmen

No special advice is needed for this battle really. They have spear attack cards and movement cards that let them make the most of their mid ranged attacks, this can be dangerous if your party lacks good movement.

2nd Battle against 2 Trog Scuttlers and 1 Trog Spearmen

Heed te advice given for the previous battle, as all the enemies here have decent movement and mid-ranged attacks. The terrain here makes it difficult for your characters to move around, try not to let your party get separated, as that can lead to their dying rather easily.

Lair of the Trog Wizard: Level 3 Adventure

2 Battles

1st Battle against 3 Trog Scuttlers

Like the second battle in the previous module, the terrain here lets the Scuttlers make good use of their attack and moements. Keep your party together if you can, and move any critically injured members back. Unfortunately there are 3 Scuttlers, and they are positioned around your party’s starting position. You should be able to beat the battle easily enugh as long as you are careful.

2nd Battle against 1 Trog Wizard, 1 Trog Spearmen, and 2 Trog Scuttlers

Like all the previous maps this one makes use of the terrain to the enemies advantage. Keep the advice for fighting the Spearmen and Scuttlers in mind, but there is a new threat here, the Trog Wizard. He can provide long ranged support for the pesky Trogs. The combination of Movement along with Mid and Long ranged attacks makes for a dangerous match, but it can still be beat relatively easily. The main problem is the Wizard has similar movement t the other trogs making cornering him a bit troublesome.

(I would just like to add this here at the end of this bit, this is not meant to be a walkthrough, merely meant to be a general guideline if that, and that a parties set up and gear can change anything, so do not be disgruntled or anything if what is contained here is apparently useless for you.)

Highway Robbery: Level 3 Adventure

3 Battles

1st Battle: against 6 Goblin Grunts

They have the Run movement card, Weak Block, and crushing type attack cards (Weak Strike, Bludgeon and Able Bludgeon) for 3-5 damage, as well as Clumsy chop and Stab. Some of them can have Missle block.

For this mission my advice is to keep on the move and to have your warrior be equipped with Chop cards should you need to use them to give your other characters tiome to get away and they get cornered. There are twice as many of them as there are of you, be careful of being cornered. Luckily they have low health, so it should be easy enough to kill them off.

2nd Battle: Against 1 Goblin Hulk

It has walk movement cards and all of its attack cards deal 5 or more damage of varying damage types. Though it pains me to say it, you can’t let him get close to you, except perhaps for your Warrior. Just like with the 1st Battle. I myself lost my Warrior when attempting an upfront battle, so you should move your characters around, while trying to position your cleric in range to heal, while being behind the Goblin Hulk for when you get a melee card. If you are willing to risk your characters you can go upfront and win fairly quickly, but If you dislike that move the characters around. You should have high damage cards if possible or force or teleportation cards to push or move the Hulk around when it gets to close.

3rd Battle: Against 1 Goblin Chieftain and 1 Goblin Shaman

Bluk, the Goblin Chieftain is similar toa Goblin hulk, but with slightly less health. The Goblin Shaman is like a priest. I would suggest making use of the map, to isolate one or the other of the opponents. If they reach each other, it can be dangerous as it has a card allowing a target to act again, if it uses that on the Chieftain, you will be in for a world of pain due to the high damage cards the Chieftain has. It can also use Buff cards to increase the damage done, they are a dangerous combo, which is why I suggested the strategy of separating them. I started with the Chieftain as he happened to reach my characters first.

Ruby demon Portal: Level 4 Adventure

3 Battles

1st Battle against 2 Arcane imps and 2 Fire Imps

The Fire Imps deal damage over time with fire spells, which can be particularly troublesome if your lower healthed adventurers get hit (unless of course your party is all dwarves. The Arcane Imps use Zap type spells and have run movement cards making them tricky to get to. This is a simple enough battle, but may take a bit due to the Arcane Imps and their large range of motion.

2nd Battle against 3 Arcane Imps and 2 Acid Imps

The Acid Imps are troublesome as they can create spots of acid on the terrain. Any time your character hits one of these spots they will be forced to stop and if they stay there they will lose all their armor cards and they take damage. They have the same range of motion as the Arcane Imps, but I would prioritize dealing with the Acid Imps first, as though the spells of the Arcane Imps can be annoying, the Acid created by the Acid Imps is more troublesome and may cause you to fail the battle.

3rd Battle against 2 Arcane Imps, 1 Fire Imp, One Fire Spirit

Though the fire creatures can be troublesome due to the previously detailed damage over time capabilities, this map has something else that can be just as annoying, the Victory Squares. If your wizard has an equip with the resistant Hide card, this map can be easier. I would suggest you take out the Imps while taking the victory squares, though the amount of starts given per turn is one, so you have a little leeway to win.

Dungeon of the Lizard Priest: Level 4 Adventure

3 Battles

1st Battle against 2 Lizardman Warriors

The Lizardman Warriors are a bit tougher than the grunts you have been against till now. They mostly use spear type attacks with a range of 2 squares so keep that in mind, they also have poison attacks as well, which can be troublesome and wear down your healing cards really quick. Luckily the map starts your party in an easilty defendable area allowing for relatively easy defense, but you may have to sacrifice some cards if you want to stay in that position without moving towards the Lizardmen.

2nd Battle against 2 Lizardman Warriors and 1 Black Ooze

The ooze is the more troublesome of your three opponents here, it can force you to discard your oldest card and its armor cards can make it immune to crushing damage so choose your attack cards wisely. I just had my cleric and Warrior take out the Lizardmen while my Wizard rained arcane destruction down on the Ooze. Though effective this strategy still has its risks due to the main threats of the lizardmen their mid-ranged melee and their poison attacks.

3rd Battle against 1 Lizardman Warrior, 2 Lizardman Netters, and Slubgut, Lizardman Cleric

This is the most difficult of the 3 battles, due to the enemy party’s make up. The Cleric(Slubgut) can heal and curse, and the Netters can restrict your characters movements, add the Lizardman Warriors mid ranged attacks and poison cardsa dn this can quickly lead to your party’s doom if you are not careful. Take out the Warrior or the Netters first, they both have mid ranged attack cards, but the Warrior has poison while the Netters can restrict your movements, use the terrain to approach while remaining out off their line of sight until the time to attack is right. I had Holy presence as a Divine skill, which luckily can deal with the curses, but I got that from the loot Fairy and you may not be so lucky.

Slub Gut’s Sanctum: Level 5 adventure

2 Battles

1st Battle against 1 Black Ooze and 3 Lizardmen Netters

In this map a creature starts in the middle of your party, While I do suggest to finish the Ooze of as soon as you can, be careful, as the time you take to do so will allow the Netters to advance and to attack at least one of your characters from the start. The Netters, as detailed previously can encumber your cahracters, and they possess mid ranged attacks as well, this gives them a similar combat ability to the Trog Scuttlers in previous modules. Other than being carefulhere is not much to be said about them.

2nd Battle against Slub Gut and 3 Lizardmen Darters

The Darters have Mid-ranged attacks and good movement, while Slub Gut can heal them. This can be dangerous if you become negligent, they have a lot of mid-ranged attacks that are hard to block, so bear that in mind. Try to make use of the environment to bottleneck your opponents.

Rescue from ShieldHaven: Level 5 Adventure

4 Battles

1st Battle against 3 Servants and 2 Men-at-Arms

The trick to this battle is movement, movement is king here. You have to rush the Victory Squares to ensure your opponent does not win. You have to kill the Men at Arms to get the stars to win. The servants do not give you any stars so you can leave them alone, they have cards to increase their draws however. They also have relatively weak attacks, so they aren’t much of a threat, aside from their numbers and the fact they can occupy the Victory Squares. The Men-at-Arms have bludgeon cards mostly, if they can stall you and buy enough time for the servants to occupy the Victory Squares, you may not win, aside from what I have said this isn’t all that difficult a battle.

2nd Battle against Servants, 1 Men-at-Arms, and 2 Guard Dogs

Just like the previous battle the Servants give you no gain if you kill them, the Guard Dogs are fast and they have hybrid attack as well as the cowardly attack card which can do ten damage if you are attaked from behind, luckily they have no more health than the Men-at-Arms do. As the enemies start rather close to you, you will not have to move to them for the most part, depending upon how you fight the battle. This battle is relatively simple, as long as your squishier characters(The ones with less health) don’t get too close to the Enemy.

3rd Battle against 3 Guard dogs and the Dog Boy

In this battle you start surrounded, like with previous battles you need to only kill the Dogs to win. You have to be careful, as this map is more open allowing them to use their movement and attack cards to their advantage. They can use Cowardly Attack to their advantage when coupled with the wide open space, so you better have good movement or characters with high health. Yond this it is a simple enouh battle if you can take out most of the dogs early before they can surround you and or take out a single character.

4th Battle against 1 Servant (Nob), 1 Warden, and 1 Armored Dog (Scar)

This battle has more dangerous opponents than the previous ones. The Warden has high health, good movement and attacks, the Armored dog is slower, but just as dangerous. Luckily this map is more enclosed than the last one. If you can make use of the terrain against your opponents or finish off the Warden first, if able and wait for the Dog. The Warden ahs an attack style similar to the Men-at-Arms, but he also has cards than can possibly insta-kill your lower health-ed characters sot be careful. The Armored Dog has similar attacks tot the Guard dogs but has more health and lacks the pesky Cowardly attack card.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

List Continued
    Diamonds of the Kobolds: Level 6 Adventure

3 Battles

1st Battle against 6 Kobold Warriors and 2 Kobold Lungers

You have 8 enemies to face which makes this tricky as they are tougher than the opponents faced when you last got swarmed. Utilize the separated areas to create choke points to neutralize the numbers advantage they have. The city seemed almost alive that day, the near permanent smog that hugged the city like a dress on my favorite redhead was gone, not that something so tasteless should be compared with something so beautiful. This was a rare occurrence, I was out somewhat enjoying the day when a sudden chill attacked me.

Make sure your Wizard has fire attacks that can target more than one enemy, same with your Warrior and possibly your Cleric, make sure they have chop attacks to engage more than one foe, but do not disregard single target attacks either. The Lungers are much like the Lizardmen faced before, in that they have mid ranged type attacks, but these are Crushing type attacks, with movement abilities.

2nd Battle against 3 Kobold Lungers and 2 Armored pigs

This map as well as having a new opponent, the Armored Pig, there are also Victory Squares. The bad thing is, the 3 Lungers start near them. The simplest thing is to kill the Lungers and get your characters on the Squares before the Armored pigs show up. I moved my Warrior to block the Pigs tobuy time to do that, your party set up may favor a different strategy. The Pigs have high damage attack cards tso be careful if your more fragile characters are close to them.

3rd Battle against 3 Kobold Warrios, 2 Kobold Lungers, and 2 Kobold Spearmen

You are facing 7 enemies but they are not mostly of one type this time and are varied. The Lungers and spearment have better movement and longer ranged attacks than the Warriors with the Spearmen having the most health with the warriors having the least and the Lungers in the middle, but the Warriors have more armor and block type cards. Just like with previous maps you should take advantage of the terrain to minimize the numerical advantage. Using this I was able to take care of most of the kobolds before the Spearmen arrived. Also bear the previous tips and advice for dealing with numerically superior enemies in mind.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Comment 1: Use the actual level of the module.
    Comment 2: I think a screenshot of each level is going to be far more informative then stating each creature the enemy has.
    Comment 3: Exclude tutorial only modules(the level 1 modules).
    Comment 4: I am making a Penniless Peasant builds for all the main campaign so I would include a reference for it.

4. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Keep in mind that your main target audience will probably be beginners, most veterans can sleepwalk through the adventures.

Maybe give a bit more advice, rather than just stating the dangers. This might go through a beginner's head after reading your post:
    It is dangerous if the Ornithopters swarm you, so how do I avoid them swarming me?
    I know the Bronze Golem can take hits, so what should I do about it?
    What can be useful in general for the adventure? Armour-penetration, mobility, etc. This can help them to build a suitable deck.

ParodyKnaveBob and Potato Priest like this.
  5. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys. I included the tutorials as i am doing this as i play the campaign.
    I listed the level like that as that is how the campaign shows it, should i go with the upper or lower level value?

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

From the campaign there is a level listed, that is the level of module. I will also say that after you reach like level three you lose the tutorial adventures.

7. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

Updated, with the revised version. will add screenshots later.

EDIT: The other modules were on cool down so i had to move on to the available one, which happened to be highway robbery, so it may take em a bit to do the other early things.

Also tell me which format is preferred, i will add the screenshots for this one later as well.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  8. Navas

Navas Kobold

I think you should go more for the walkthrough style.
    Saying the difficulties and the way to pass through. What are the better equips? The better class?
    I´m not interested if your warrior has died or not.
    I recommend putting the screenshots in a spoiler button. And put the card in the Card format.

9. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

Updated again. i am working on some rl things so the screenshots party set up and card links will have t wait

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You just need to take 1 screenshot at the start of each battle so we can see what all the monsters are and see the terrain. Screenshots of the party is not wanted.

11. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

I know, i was going to list my party's equips, meant to have a comma to seperate them. sorry for4 the confusion, but how is the listing format in your opinion?

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

What? I hope this is not going to be the looks of it in the end. I don't recommend putting in parties there. I have made the Penniless Peasant builds which are perfect for this.

13. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I don't see any parties in the original post, or am I missing something? I think the look of it is fine now.

14. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

I was going to list my party build, but won't since i already put what they are, race and type wise. I was asking if the Format i used for the Wizard's Workshop bit or the other parts was better, this is not ging to be how it looks in the end, i will have refined it by then.

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You didn't say the type you said the class. There are multiple types of priest. There are buffing priests, healing priests, vampiric priests, etc.

16. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

My updates shall thankfully be resuming soon, also is there anyway to edit the thread title?

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Yes, near the top click "Thread Tools".

18. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

Should i Include the name of the battle, next to the battle listing or leave it out.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Doesn't make much difference.

20. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

I apologize for the lack of updates, but My pc stopped work, and cant decide whether it is fixed or not, on top of that I havent had internet or pc access due to holiday obligations, and on top of taht i forgot my steam password for a while.