Business models

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Womble, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

If all a subscription model does is give pizza and/or unlock new adventures as they are added i personally don't see the point to it. But that's not to say i cant see someone liking it especially younger kids who can easily get 3-5 $ from mom a month but is hard pressed to get a 50$ straight up. That said i really have to point out that its important to me that there is no unique benefit to a system like that should it be Implemented.

2. Hexyz

Hexyz Mushroom Warrior

Here's the devil's advocate side of things: Subscriptions and paid content can typically have a negative effect on a budding video game, in all honesty. As willing as I might be to pay for content and extra benefits, someone may not be so willing. They might even get upset and feel under-powered with respect to someone who can spend money to get what they want. Sure, people can definitely trump "premium members" in a lot of gaming communities, but that's a handful of people versus those that can't.

On the other hand, someone paying for content ultimately supports the developers. Just like any job, for the most part, without a paycheck what's the point?

3. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Well, if anything the pizza chest will probably generate them quite a bit of income, as there's people who enjoy that feeling of anticipation like when opening a pack of TCG.