Burn the bejeweled

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Tyro, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I keep running into bejeweled blitz decks, what's a good hard counter if I wanted to build a deck specifically to defeat them?

cycosurgeon likes this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

there no hard counter but outnumbering their parries (with parries or pushback parry). Bejeweled is notoriously raw in power. Anything fancy you might wanna try (rooting, nimbus) will not be able to match its steadiness.

3. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I don't know about other people but usually it's a matter of RNG. I've tried to build decks to counter issues like step warriors or range mages but doesn't always work out. Just try to build decks in which your comfortable with using and hope that they work out in your favor. Check through the Deck Building threads for ideas for what works to earn ELO and then maybe you can take pieces of different decks and form them around your own style of game play.

Tyro likes this.
  4. You might want to give ready to strike a try. It'll at least impose some penalty for all the vicious thrusts.

Tyro, ParodyKnaveBob and wereviper like this.
  5. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Since Robauke mentioned some ways to temporarily debilitate (which he also mentioned are nowhere near guarantees), another is forced discard from wizards (and even priests, although wizards are instant, priests are lingering over rounds, and you probably want instant when you do it -- or maybe a combination?). Anyway, just a thought.

Tyro likes this.
  6. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Load your mage with path of knives and push cards, keep them far away.
    Ready to strike and surging blocks on warrior and nimbus or entangling roots on priest.

wereviper and Tyro like this.
  7. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Right there, as @WexMajor had stated, seems to me to be one of the most powerful decks you can build with a wizard as long as they can keep control.

8. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

My current control deck:

Macha Ruadh
    Level 5 Human Wizard

Badb Catha
    Level 12 Human Wizard

Anann
    Level 5 Human Wizard

9. NIMABI

NIMABI War Monkey

10. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

Blunty speaking,there's no way to deal with Bejiweled warriors,if u don't have the advantage of parries/frenzies/armor. The best thing to do is to ignore that warrior,bypassing him and going straight for that healing bot/machine gun ass martyr's priest,or that one mage which is "controling" the situation.
    Also,if u see that u don't have any way to to manage to get the upper hand,u can always pass,avoiding enganging.It may cost one star,but it's better than losing ur warrior from early on.

Tyro likes this.