[Bug] Tree Limb Smash does 13 Damage

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by TheSench, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

I was doing the "Black Oaken Heart" adventure today and my warrior unexpectedly died. Looking in the Battle Log, I saw that he got hit by Tree Limb Smash for 10 damage after Reliable Mail reduced it by 2. The picture of Tree Limb Smash shows a base damage of 11, and there were no other damage modifiers applied aside from my armor. I pulled up the console, and sure enough, the base damage for the card was displayed as 13. Here's is the excerpt from the battle log, followed by the console output:

Battle Log:
    Mageslayer moved.
    Wotota crushes Mageslayer with a mighty tree limb!
    Reliable Mail reduced damage to Mageslayer by 2.
    Mageslayer took 10 Crushing damage.

Console:
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Dense Wood,Room=BLK2 (TheSench),RoomID=415444,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Dense Wood,Room=BLK2 (TheSench),RoomID=415444,Event=PlayAction,Action=Tree Limb Smash,Instigator=Wotota,Targets=Mageslayer
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Dense Wood,Room=BLK2 (TheSench),RoomID=415444,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Reliable Mail,TriggeringActor=Mageslayer,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Dense Wood,Room=BLK2 (TheSench),RoomID=415444,Msg=Mageslayer took 13 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Dense Wood,Room=BLK2 (TheSench),RoomID=415444,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Martyr Blessing,TriggeringActor=Mageslayer,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PostDamage,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Dense Wood,Room=BLK2 (TheSench),RoomID=415444,Msg=Detaching and discarding Martyr Blessing from Mageslayer
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Dense Wood,Room=BLK2 (TheSench),RoomID=415444,Msg=Mageslayer died

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Tree Limb Smash does +2 damage for every revealed card in the targets hand. I'm guessing your Reliable Armor might have been showing, so it's probably not a bug.

If you're still not convinced by my answer I'll move this post to bug forum. Let me know. :)

3. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

... time to learn to read, I suppose.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

It's never too late! Jokes aside, I'll consider this one closed then. Happy Card Hunting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.