Bug: sometimes, I can't click on buttons,cards to play etc

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by GriffTheThief, Sep 16, 2017.

1. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

Hi!

Since the last 20 days or so a bug/weird behavior is annoying me.

I don't play CH thru Steam (actually I never did, I never even tried it); instead, I still prefer using the good ol' web browser version. When I play the game I usually open 2 or more browser tabs, one of them with CH of course, and the other tabs with another web sites of my interest.

When I access any of the other tabs and then return to the one with CH, I can't get to click any of the game's buttons, figures (like Play Ranked Match, Multiplayer Keep, etc), and even worse, if I'm already matching, I can't click/access the cards I want to play or see the cards attached to the toons. As if the left mouse button stopped working.

Then I disconnect, connect, and the game works again. Well, 'til I forget I must not access any of the other tabs while on CH; on that case, I must disconnect, connect again, rinse and repeat.

My specs:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Mozilla Firefox 55.0.3
    Adobe Flash Player 27.0.0.130

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Sir Veza likes this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Clearly not a solution but rather a proposed workaround: Have you tried keeping CH in its own window (instead of tabbed with others in the same window) to Alt+Tab between them rather than Ctrl+Tab (assuming for a Windows setup)? It might not help, but hey, it might. $:^ ,

EDIT: Oh, also, if you have Win10, perhaps you could try moving said CH window to its own desktop. I find my fullscreen applications have fewer problems switching when I do that fwiw (albeit usually more graphic related than I/O).

3. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

Hi PKB,

I don't have Win10, and I really don't intend to install it in the near future :)

As for your proposed workaround: I know it works and I'm sticking to it while the devs work on a fix (they read this thread, right? RIGHT?)
    But more important, the game used to work with 2 or more browser tabs opened. And then suddenly this bug showed up. Perhaps an Adobe Flash Player update introduced it, who knows...

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's happened to me often in the last 3 months (since I got internet again) on my Win7 laptop. It's happening less on the Win10 machine I bought last winter (but haven't been using due to my hatred of Win10), but it still happens.
    It seems to freeze more with Chrome and Opera browsers, and less on Iron and K-Meleon. The difference between Chrome and Iron surprised me because they're based upon the same basic engine.
    I'd like to see this fixed, but when it freezes I can't get a console log to submit. If it isn't happening to the devs, they'll have a heck of a time finding it.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.