Bug - Guardian Angel

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by irongamer, Mar 18, 2013.

1. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

Made a more general guardian angel bug thread.

Here are some other threads dealing with guardian angel and specific cards.

Seems like this would have triggered Guardian Angel, was facing the enemy.
    (Block Any: Only Triggers if damage would kill you. Draw a card.)

Does Mob Attack trigger block?

Lonqiq attacks ColdFox and hopes for help! (Mob Attack)
    Lonqiq moved.
    ColdFox is wearing armor -
    Weakened Armor failed!
    ColdFox took 4 Piercing damage.
    ColdFox died.
    Gary scored 2 points.
    ColdFox discarded Hot Spot.
    ColdFox discarded Run.
    ColdFox discarded Guardian Angel.
    ColdFox discarded Weakened Armor.

BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Event=PlayAction,Action=Mob Attack,Instigator=Lonqiq,Targets=ColdFox
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=Weakened Armor,TriggeringActor=ColdFox,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Msg=ColdFox took 4 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Msg=Detaching and discarding Dimensional Traveller from ColdFox
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Msg=Detaching and discarding Spark Inductor from ColdFox
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Msg=ColdFox died
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Group=ColdFox,Event=Discard,Card=Hot Spot
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Group=ColdFox,Event=Discard,Card=Run
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Group=ColdFox,Event=Discard,Card=Guardian Angel
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gleaming Cavern,Room=Battle WHST 1408,RoomID=7421,Group=ColdFox,Event=Discard,Card=Weakened Armor

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Same problem as devastating blow the base damage on the attack wasn't enough but the added ally damage was so it doesn't trigger.

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Which is interesting, because we'd faced this sort of question about cards like Flimsy Block which trigger conditionally on some specified amount of damage. In response to a similar situation (Mob Attack triggering Flimsy Block in an unexpected pattern), Jon has said:
    However, since then, I've noticed such Block cards reacting based on TOTAL damage. They do seem to have revised the system. Guardian Angel, though? Seems to have a trigger condition based on your current health and the "number written on the card," NOT whether the card will actually kill you.

4. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

Interesting. I figured they combined the damage into a single attack. It is reported as 4 damage, not 1,1,1,1. The card description doesn't really explain how the card will work. By release I hope this is made clear in the help area or elsewhere. It would be nice to see the real sequence of damage in the log. Questions like this will be continue due to lack of information in the log.

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I'm personally fine either way as long as its clear how it works and it works the same for all similar effects. While i don't have any direct proof right now i remember it working differently in some cases like Sir Knight said so that needs to be fixed if it is the case.

irongamer likes this.
  6. Galvayra

Galvayra Kobold

Should it trigger also on self damage? i killed my priest with Demonic Feedback thinking Guardian Angel will save him >.> Going to try and kill him again later with another of my own characters and see if it will trigger then or reacts only to enemies.

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

As it is a block it should never save you from feedback or ally damage since blocks only apply to attacks from your opponent.

8. Galvayra

Galvayra Kobold

Well that is unfortunate, i guess that how it is since i managed to kill him again with my warrior and it did not trigger, so i assume it wont trigger if i leave the priest standing on a hot spot ?

9. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Nope, I learned the hard way before noticing it is a block (green) card - and what implications that have.

10. Silverwave

Silverwave Kobold

Guardian Angel didn't trigger on a Fire Spray because of Unholy Curse.

BATTLE LOG: Player=Melvin,Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Event=PlayAction,Action=Fire Spray,Instigator=Barb,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Msg=Thagistok took 5 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Msg=Detaching and discarding Unholy Curse from Thagistok
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Msg=Thagistok died
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Group=Thagistok,Event=Discard,Card=Charge
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Group=Thagistok,Event=Discard,Card=Draining Touch
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Group=Thagistok,Event=Discard,Card=Walk
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Chamber,Room=MELV (Silverwave),RoomID=112882,Group=Thagistok,Event=Discard,Card=Guardian Angel

11. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I need to do a consistency pass across the damage modification and blocking rules. Right now some damage modifications are being calculated before blocks and some after.

Also, I think Guardian Angel needs to be renamed to make it clearer that it's a block, not a damage preventer.