[Bug] Force Cone does not move symetrically

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Scarponi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

So most of the time I can anticipate where a character will travel when hit with Slide, but on occasion I've found myself surprised. So I put together a little door pushing custom game and found that Slide is not consistent. I started with a perfectly setup triangular cone of doors ready to be "forced".

Before.png
    (Ignore the doors in the bottom right, they are there merely to take up Immovable)

But after I hit the doors with Force Cone this is what resulted:
    After.png

As you can see it did not result in a symmetrical slide action as one would expect but some doors that moved diagonally on one side had the door in the same relative position move straight back on the other side. Here's an overhead graph of the resulting formation that is a little easier to see the discrepancies on:

Overhead.png

neoncat and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Stexe and Sir Veza like this.
  3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Ah, I'm so satisfied atm.
    I wrote numbers 1..24 on paper as you put your doors and wrote where I thought they will go and it's the same as in your pic. No bugs here.

I had once read the topic Jarmo linked and I have it memorized as SLG wrote: "I imagine the top-center square is magnetic" ;)

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Guess I have some memorizing to do! I'm not sure I understand the quote.

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Maybe you will after you read the thread.

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Ahh, okay I got it. My math sentiments still don't like that I can't just look at the line of sight angles and calculate a trajectory, but all in all I recognize that it is a minor issue.

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Oh and not really helpful but, if you hover over the doors' racial Immoveable on the first turn before it's played, it's a lot of fun to watch a whole crowd of doors jumping up and down like they're at a rock concert!

9. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, it is really confusing. I talked to Jon about it a while ago and expressed interest in having some UI indicate where a push will put them. Probably a long way away so it is doubtful, but definitely wishful thinking.

10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Welcome to the CH cabal. :p

Also, with the new cone order of effect, this is so much easier than when I did it the first time... I had to use force bolt on a bunch of individual doors. ^_^