[Bug] Fire Bolt range

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by neoncat, Nov 26, 2013.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Fire Bolt says it has range 6, but here it was just cast at range 7:

[​IMG]

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Not a bug, but same art probably causes confusion - you're probably looking for Sizzling Bolt. I see the fire sprite has a silver quality card in his hand- and it refers to sizzling bolt in the log.

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Sorry, "just cast" actually meant "cast this round, two turns ago," which is why it's not visible in the in-game log. Here are the relevant console log lines:

Code:
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Lava Bridge,Room=neoncat's battle (custom),RoomID=446024,Event=PlayAction,Action=Fire Bolt,Instigator=Incinitus,Targets=Idris
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Lava Bridge,Room=neoncat's battle (custom),RoomID=446024,Msg=Idris took 2 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Lava Bridge,Room=neoncat's battle (custom),RoomID=446024,Msg=Attaching Fire Bolt to Idris

Also, if you look closely at the card attached to the circled elf, it's clearly not the Sizzling Bolt art, and I had moused over it to make sure I wasn't misidentifying the card. The Sizzling Bolt from the in-game log is attached to the top-most elf.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I can't reproduce this. Are you sure she didn't move after getting hit? I see two Dashes in the log, and five of those ash tiles are within range.

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I haven't got the log anymore myself, but since you can't reproduce, that's probably right. Sorry for the confusion.