[BUG] Dead battles in the MP "Games in Progress" list

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jarmo, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If it helps diagnose the problem, that one in particular was a casual match that I queued, but after waiting a bit on the invite where DeathFace never joined, I canceled.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Another fallen one. There must be a war ongoing in the firmament. "tugagui's battle vs ..."

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I know of at least one way this can still happen. I'll look into it further.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

CAS REP 20140801 o50713
    "jzc11's battle vs Mjiraiya"

5. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

There's a dead casual battle at Temple Tussle, arfuk vs Stynche

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yeah, and it's a different kind of dead battle from the previous ones. The map loads, it's not a spectator trap. Also, the character sprites appear but without the actual skins. The match seems stuck at starting positions. I'm not familiar enough with the map to say for sure.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That is not dead which can eternal lie, but "ggwp's battle vs Coalescing" is dead. (An SQL programmer, by the way?)

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Quartermaster, you can strike "Nephtys's battle (custom) Test 1" off the company personnel list.

The adventure is of the type where the map loads, character graphics load but nothing happens after that. From here on, I'm calling this type Non-Trap Type 2 or NTT2 for short. (NTT1 is otherwise similar but doesn't load the character sprites and TT1 is the most common, trapping kind).

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Tragedy has struck again. "Malebolgia's battle vs General Paulonius" has fallen. Oh, such distinguished names, too!

10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Another one - Jouza's "Battle of Mastery".

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

m1chial's battle vs F1oris
    Graveyard Gambol (league) (waiting)

(Seen while the Streams league was happening.)

12. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Cleaned up. If you know of any ways this happens, please report them here. It would help me clean up the remaining problems.

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Sir Red vs Stexe
    Chezlord86 vs gamesfreke

These 2 pairs have had a battle ongoing for a few days now.

14. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

There are a large number of dead battles right now, mostly league matches:

Sayabito v Ex-Cop
    + ~7 more...

15. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

There's been a dead battle in there for a week now.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There's a dead battle, "Pineapple84 vs lenjunior". If one clicks the battle, one is presented with the Card Hunter box cover on a brown wood tabletop with no other graphics at all (which is actually nice if one wants a screenshot of it without any overlaid UI elements). Then one has to reload the game to be able to do anything.

Flaxative likes this.
  17. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I can't find this. Is it still there?

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

No, it's not. Someone else or an automatic system must have taken care of it.

19. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Cool, thanks for the info.

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

"MattBanks's battle (looking for opponent)" is dead -- and so is the game client if one clicks on it. It gets stuck on the loading dragon shield animation until one reloads the game.

EDIT: Sorry, this dead item is actually in the "Casual Games" list, not "Games in Progress".

Last edited: May 26, 2015