Broken Quick Draw Decks

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I love to break games and therefore quickdraw is the right place to be in for me. I have had obvious broken things like Demonic Power in a deck with a loot of cyclers together with an Invigorating Touch. A two card combo in a seven five card deck?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I like it. At that time I also had Talented Healer and another random trait, which made it totaly absurd.

But today I first thought my priest wont do anything but support the mage with the following deck:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And two random cards which he obviously kept in his hand. Turned out, he not only helps the mage finding her Ember Burst and Flash Of Agony, which were the only attack cards I had beside the Radiation Bomb, but he was throwing more than one Radiation Bomb in the progress. And if he should loose the Altruism, he basicly targets himself, to draw Vulnerable, Altruism and ... the other Inspiration.

If you wonder how I could end up with just three attack cards. The first priest had just Moves all the time. It were great moves like Violent Spin, which helped to push of enemies and Flanking Moves, which at least had Cantrip, so I went first for sure in the next turn. But he never saw an attack. The second also saw nearly no attacks, I think one of the two random cards was a step vamp attack and the bomb, but that was it. The mage was the last character and I know, that I have to draft a lot of damage. What were the golden cards? Teleport Self, Reflexive Teleport and Sprint Team. Sure. :D Three dead gold quality cards was a great start, but at least I was able to pick up some damage with the Ember Burst and Flash Of Agony. Turned out the Flash was the better one, since I could throw that multiple times in a turn.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Maniafig likes this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Best I ever had, dwarf wizard with:

[​IMG][​IMG] +2 cards I never played, and 3 more traits.

I ran to the VP and waited (keeping my other 2 characters out of sight). They'd attack triggering Toughness, which would draw Impetuous Blast hitting everyone in sight, and then immediately draw back into Toughness. I'd pass and they'd attack triggering the cycle again. I killed their entire team with nothing but the pass button. :D

My opponent never did figure out that they'd die slower if they stopped attacking, either that, or they were intentionally committing suicide not wanting to take on the tank... either way it was over quick.

3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

To be honest, I dont now what to do against that combo. You would need a control mage with teleport, everything else wont work, right?
    Your combo would have been the best, if you would have two wizard both with that cards. :D

4. Sundering would also do the trick, also, two wizards with those cards would just eat the draw limit alive

Besides all the times i've drafted Energizing Run + Brutal Charge on Forge/Host (On Wizards, mind you), there was this one time where I also pulled out a draw heavy Warrior: Inspiring Armor + Elvish Insight meant all secrets were laid bare pretty much 24/7. There's also that one time I drafted a wizard with 2 TK, a Gust, Inmovable, Wall of Fire and Stone Spikes and just didn't let people have fun

SceoMyntan likes this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'd pass to load up on attacks, then lead off with armor destruction. If I didn't have any way to remove armor, I'd go after the other two chars.

6. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

That is a nice one. Never had a chance to pick it up, but it is definitly one of the best cycler.

8. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

I had impetuous heal on one character and duck on the other, and the opponent took duck as well. There were turns where everyone on the board healed 18HP.

oprah.jpg

It came down to a race to the VP and that I had a control mage.

Tyro, seth arue, billiska and 8 others like this.
  9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

BlackVoidDeath and Maniafig like this.
  10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

When you deal 15 damage and heal 15 damage is when you know you will win:
    In Quick Draw:

Winbrid touches Izordrunguzkul and heals up!

Unholy Wellspring added 4 damage.

Mass Frenzy added 2 damage.

Righteous Frenzy added 2 damage.

Curse of Fragility added 2 damage.

Polearm Slash reduced damage to Izordrunguzkul by 2.

Izordrunguzkul took 15 Unholy damage.

Winbrid recovered 15 HP.

~ passed.

Winbrid touches Izordrunguzkul and heals up!

Unholy Wellspring added 4 damage.

Mass Frenzy added 2 damage.

Righteous Frenzy added 2 damage.

Curse of Fragility added 2 damage.

Polearm Slash reduced damage to Izordrunguzkul by 2.

Izordrunguzkul took 5 Unholy damage.

Winbrid recovered 1 HP.

Izordrunguzkul died.

BlackVoidDeath scored 2 points.

Izordrunguzkul discarded Polearm Slash.

Maniafig likes this.